Operation: Fall In Love (Part 1)

Operation: Fall In Love (Short Story)

I couldn't remove my own eyes from this beloved angel that's behind the counter.

The way he speaks to his costumers so politely and nodding with a gorgeous smile. 

I goofily smiled to myself.

"Yunnie, gwenchana?" Kina asked me.

My heart was beating like crazy. I'm the type of person that would do the most spontaneous things in the world.

"Can I go hug him?" I said, not letting myself think twice about this.

"EH!?" Both Yumi and Kina yelled out loud. "Who?"

I pointed over at the guy behind the counter, "Him."

Both their eyebrows furrowed with confusion, "Why?"

I shrugged, unsure as to why I even said it myself. "I don't know...he just looks like someone you could hug...ya know?"

Yumi shook her head, "Girl, are you crazy? He'll obviously think you're weird and we could never come back to this place!"

"Yeah! It's my favorite place to go to!" Kina agreed. I sighed and looked back at the nameless boy. "But I really wanna hug him..."

"What are you guys talking about?" I looked up to see Minho and Onew hovering over our table.

I couldn't help but smile. "Minho," at the sound of his name, Minho smiled just as much and wrapped an arm around me and hugged me. We're just friends, folks. That's how we greet each other.

"Yah! Where's my hug?" Yumi complained, pouting a bit, causing the tall man to walk over to her and hug her in the same way. 

Onew walked over to Kina and kissed her, "Hey, babe. You waited long for us?" Kina shook her head, "Anni~ We're just enjoying the coffee. Well most of us, except for Yunhee..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Onew looked over at me, as he pulled up a chair to sit next to his girlfriend. I blushed a bit, as I quickly glanced at the nameless man behind the counter.

I could feel him staring at our table so intently that I can hardly say anything. I get really self-conscious about people staring. 

Before I could say anything, Kina quickly whispers what's happening. Onew eyes widened, "Wah, chincha? Him?"

I shut my eyes tightly as I nodded out of embarrassment. "Wait, what happened?" Minho asked out of confusion. After telling him what's happening, I just feel foolish for even thinking about the guy. "Awww someone is in love!"

"NO! I'm not! I just want to hug him because he's adorable! Can't a girl want a hug?" I quickly denied, unsure if I could even say love. I just safely say that I'm in love with him. I don't believe in 'love at first sight'. It's a ridiculous assumption. But then again, my heart doesn't seem to understand.

"But I'm your hug bear! You don't like my hugs?" Minho pouted, feeling unappreciated for all the hugs he's ever given me. I laughed. "It's not like that...it's just..."

"Anyways..." Onew cut me off, making me shoot him glares. "Let's head out? We're supposed to go study now, remember?"

"Oh babe! You can't seem to remember everything else, but you remember to study?" Kina nagged him. Onew just shrugged, "What can I say? I need to pass English! I have papers to write as well too!"

We all laughed and agreed that we had a bunch of studying to do.

As we stood up, I took a sneak peak at the handsome worker, to only see a young ahjusshi in his place. Huh? Where did he go? I looked around the place. I didn't see him leave at all either...

What a strange guy...

*A Week Later*

I walked into the empty cafe. It was about 5 in the afternoon already, and it seems like I was the first out of group to get here. 

This cafe became our primary meet up place to hang out. 

The atmosphere relaxes me. 

I take a seat at our usual table, which is about 4 meters away from the front counter, where the nameless guy always stands. 

I look over to see if he's there, and it's just ahjusshi. I frowned a bit and looked at my phone as if I wasn't waiting for the handsome fellow that is always in a rush to get to work.

Then again, I forgot we usually see him at 5:30. I came a bit too early.

I looked around the cafe to see that there were only a couple sitting by the window, chattering. 

I looked at the semi-antique, semi-modernized cafe, that felt comfortable as ever. I took a deep breath and suddenly what came to mind was the nameless person. 

His figure. He may be shorter than most guys on campus, but he stands out to me. 

His body isn't too built, but he's pretty lean. 

Actually, he seems pretty normal. He looks like a typical college student who doesn't care what other people think of him, he just goes with his own flow. Which is being normal.

He doesn't wear those typical KPOP idol colorful skinny jeans. Nor does he wear stylish sweaters or expensive clothes. 

He just sticks with the simple clothes, plaid button shirts and regular comfortable jeans.

Gah his plaid shirts. 

For the past week, we've been coming here, I've seen him in nothing but a bunch of plaid shirts, just different colors. But he just looks so good in them. He just looks really smexy in them. 

Losing my train of thought, I hadn't realized that Yumi was waving in my face the whole time.

"Yah! Yunnie!"

My face showed that I came back to reality when I blinked my eyes and looked at her, "Huh?"

She giggled, "What are you thinking about?"

As I opened my mouth to say, "Nothing." Another figure ran past our table quickly and my eyes followed him, again.

The nameless guy.

My mouth was left hanging, as I watched him run into the back. He was wearing another plaid shirt. But this time, it was thick lined with white, navy blue, and blue all intercepting each other at perpendicular angles, creating a perfect lines criss-crossing each other.

I bit my bottom lip, I wanted to fangirl so bad about him, but I have to hold it in. I can't let it out so loudly, or else he knows that I'm staring at him.

"Yunnie?"

I turned back to Yumi, looking guilty as ever. "Unnie~~~"

"Girl, you've been staring at that guy since ever! What's going on with you?" Yumi asked me, propping her arms onto the table.

I took a deep breath. I just starting realizing this myself. "Promise me you won't tell anyone YET!"

"Girl! You know I could keep promises~ Now tell me!"

I took another deep breath and gestured her to come closer then whispered, "I have a crush on him..."

"Aww that...wait...what?" Yumi stopped to think about what I was saying. "You...like him?"

I gulped, admitting this now. I was never good with admitting that I liked someone. "Awwww our Yunnie likes someone~~~~" she began to tease me.

"YAH!" I nearly hissed at her, smacking her.

"It's so cute! Yunhee likes someone~" she continued on. I began to blush even more. I looked up to see the nameless person staring straight at our table, leaning against the counter.

"Stop it! He's staring!" I hissed under my breath.

"Ya know he's always staring at our table, right?" Yumi pointed out, making me turn tomato red now. "He does not!"

"It's everytime that we come here! Even if it's crowded, he always stares over here! No matter what! And everytime I see him pass by, he's always looking at you then goofily grins!" Yumi continued on.

"He does not! He's staring because he's staring at you!" I denied it.

Yumi shook her head, "Not exactly true! I'm telling you...everytime..."

"I just...my feels right now. Everytime I see the guy, I just..."

"Awww, you're in love! You love him~" Yumi tickled my arm with her first finger. "You so love him~"

"I don't----"

"Who loves who?" Minho walked up to our table, speaking pretty loudly. I looked at the counter, and I could see that the handsome guy was staring straight at the table, and made eye contact with. I pulled away from his curious eyes and shot a glare at Minho.

"What?" Minho asked, unsure what he did wrong.

I yanked him into the chair next to Yumi. "You can't say that so loud!"

"Yeah! Hottie over there keeps staring over here," Yumi whispered, so that only Minho and I could hear. And so I thought. 

"Ohhh, that's right. He's always staring at Yunhee-ah, right?" Minho commented, making me completely confused.

"Wait...you see him staring over here too?"

Minho nodded as if it wasn't a big deal, "Well...yeah. He's always staring over at this table, especially at you. Hmmm why don't we order some cheesecake today?"

"Awww but I really wanted the flan cake," Yumi pouted.

My jaw drop a bit. "You guys are terrible liars. Why would he look at me, when there are two other beautiful girls here?"

"Eh?"

"He can't like me. I'm obviously too loud and dorky for him," I looked down.

"Girl, you're cute! And definitely fun to be with! Who doesn't want to a bit of a Yunhee twist in their life?" Minho pinched my cheeks, making me swat them away.

"Lies!' I stuck my tongue out.

"I know! Minho, we should hook them up!" 

My eyes widened, "No you guys...please don't---"

"Hook who up?" I looked up, getting tired of people not understanding the concept of keeping things down to a normal level. Both Onew and Kina had just walked into the cafe and was standing next to us, arm around each other.

"SHHHHH!!!" both Minho and Yumi shushed. 

"Woah! Sorry if we can't understand a single thing!" Kina complained.

"Yunhee likes the hottie over there," Yumi pointed at the guy behind the counter, who was lost in his little world now. I sighed dreamingly as I stared at his cute state.

"Do you even know his name?" Onew asked, pulling back my attention to the conversation.

My eyebrows furrowed as I thought about it. “Now that I think about, I have no idea what his name is…”

“Why don’t you try talking to him?” Minho asked him. Once he said that, I looked over at Nameless, and he stared right back at me.

I immediately turned back and covered my face, face flushing. “Gahhh…that’s just weird! I don’t want him to think I’m weird!”

When I realized none of my friends had said a single word, I uncovered my face slowly and realized they were all giving me the “We HAVE an idea!” expression, making me instantly go, “Don’t you even think about it!”

“If Yunhee likes him that much…why don’t we try getting them together then?!” Onew sprouted out with his idea.

I immediately crossed my arms up in the air in an “X” formation. “Dang, dang, dang~ That’s impossible!”

“No, it’s possible!” Yumi smiled with glee. I sunk into my arms, wishing I had made better friends when I was in middle school. “Here’s the deal everyone! We’re meet back here with plans! Araso?”

“Ehhh? You guys are serious?” I whined, seeing that everyone was nodding with excitement. I sighed, “You guys are ridiculous, you know that? I can’t believe you guys are gonna get me and…” I trailed off.

“You and…who?” Minho asked. I thought about it. “I don’t know his name…”

“Hmmmm, we need to give him a codename, so he wouldn’t know we’re talking about him!” Kina suggested.

“But we don’t even know his name! So couldn’t we freely talk about him without him knowing?” I asked.

“That’s not true. When we want to mention him, we can’t be like ‘that hottie over there’ or ‘the guy behind the counter’ or else he’ll know!” Kina retaliated.

I thought about it. She did make a good point.

After thinking about it and talking about him several times before. We somehow landed on the nickname, HH. HH standing for “House Husband”.

“Okay! That’s the final codename! Now let’s head home and think about this!” Yumi stood up, grabbing her stuff.

I sighed, “You guys act like this is an operation or something…”

“It is! It’s called, Operation: Get Yunhee and HH together and get them to know each other and start dating!” Onew announced the new title of the operation.

Everyone stared at him.

“That’s a long title…” I mumbled.

“It is?” Onew asked, thinking about his title. “Then what’s a better title?”

Everyone stood there, thinking about it. I looked at each one of them as I could see their stern faces become bright with the name of it.

“Operation…FALL IN LOVE!” They all said in unison.

I shushed them as they laughed out loud. I looked over to see HH looking over. I squeaked a bit and walked out of the café, not wanting him to stare at me and my friends anymore.

“I’m done with you guys! You guys aren’t friends with me. I don’t know you!” I yelled out, stomping into the streets.

“YAH! YOU KNOW YOU LOVE US!” Yumi shouted out, running after me. “NO! SHE LOVES ME! COME BACK!” Minho yelled out to me.

I was blushing hard. I can’t believe them! I bet now that nameless---I mean…uh…HH thinks I’m weird or something. This can’t work out…

We'll have to see what happens now.

------------

Please let me know if you like it so far!

I decided to break this up into smaller parts since I don't want you guys to think it's another extremely long story. 

Let's hope for another update! :D

rukia1335 is OUT!