Chapter 2: Dongwoo

~ Infinite Scenarios ~

Dongwoo

Dongwoo has been your closest friend for a countless number of years. You share the same birthday, so tonight, at your party, you two stand next to each other at the door, happily thanking the guests that greet you a happy birthday.

"You guys would make a great couple!"

"Why aren't you dating yet?"

You looked in time to see Dongwoo smirk. He faces you and sees you blush. You've never thought of him in that way before, and you weren't planning to start. Your friendship is too precious to let go now.

---

During dinner, you lose your appetite and start to think about what people said. No, it wouldn't be right. Your eyes shift to the man who's still a little boy in your eyes. You remember the innocent and pure hugs and kisses you shared as childhood friends. You sigh and close your eyes for a while, until you feel an arm wrap around your waist. 

"Ready for the cake?" one of your other friends asks. You chuckle at her playfulness, but you're surprised it's not Dongwoo. Even though neither of you have developed feelings for each other, your skinship is no joke. It wouldn't have been a surprise if it was indeed him who pulled you towards him like that.

You giggle as one of Dongwoo's friends brings the cake towards you two. Your friend pushes you as close together as possible. Just as you elbow her in the rib, you also can't help but smile as you hear the cheers and off-key melodies echoing throughout the house. Everyone finishes singing to you, and you take turns each blowing out ten candles.

As expected, Dongwoo wraps his arm around your waist, then surprisingly pushes the cake into your face. Flabbergasted, you grab a corner of the cake and aim for his face. You hear cheers from everyone as it hits him square on the head. Apologetically, he then takes your hand and runs outside, where his other friends are waiting with a hose. When you step off the porch, you two are bombarded with water balloons and you're sprayed with water from the hose. You know this was all planned by Dongwoo. If it wasn't you probably would've injured someone by now.

---

After cleaning yourselves up and changing clothes, both of you return to the party. You changed into something more ordinary than the striped dress you were wearing before, but your skinny jeans and your sky blue pullover seemed to hug your figure even more. This caught Dongwoo's friends' attention, and they "pestered" you with compliments.

"You look pretty hot..."

"You should've worn that first, damn."

Dongwoo put his hand on your shoulder. "This is my friend. She's a woman now, and she deserves respect."

His friend walks up to him and whispers in his ear, "If you won't take her out, I will." 

Dongwoo shook his head. "Hands off."

After a few minutes, Dongwoo's friends started to clear out and get back to the party. Everyone was so occupied in dancing and gossiping that no one noticed you two slip out of the house, heading for Dongwoo's car.

---

"Where would you like to go, ahjumma?"

"Should we go clubbing, ahjussi?" you teased.

He scratched his head nervously with one hand while steering with the other. "If we're out too late, they'll worry. Then they'll question us."

"Since when were you so responsible?"

"Since today."

You chuckled. "Hey, can you open the sunroof?"

"Press the button."

You pressed the button and looked up in astonishment. The whole skyline was before you.

"Anyway, today was nice. I can't wait until tomorrow."

"Yeah, my second day of being 20..." you sighed dreamily.

"It's not that..."