Chapter 4: Hoya

~ Infinite Scenarios ~

Hoya

You wake up to pit-a-pat sounds of rain colliding with your window. Following your everyday routine, you get out of your comfy bed at 5am to walk to your grandparents' house.

While your parents and younger brother are back in America living their lives, you decided to purse your studies in South Korea. You were bored of the educational system in the states and you're always up for a challenge, so here you are.

Your parents refused to move back to Korea with you since they wanted a better life for your brother, but you wanted your privacy, so they just said that you should see your grandparents once a week to make sure you were alright.

You rub your eyes before undressing and stepping into the shower. A sigh escapes you, and you wonder if it's really worth it. 

I was hoping for a totally different adventure when I got here. I didn't know I was this much of an overachiever. When did my definition of hard become easy?

After a good ten minutes or so, you wrap the towel around yourself and step out. When your eyes meet your reflection's in the mirror, you can't help but shake your head.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

You just hope and pray that something interesting is in store for you.

As you're brushing your teeth, your eyes shift to your phone vibrating. You catch it right before it falls into the sink.

"Hello?" you struggle to say through a mouthful of toothpaste.

"Are you awake now?"

"Yes, grandma. I'm still getting ready. I'll be there in a bit."

"Alright. Call when you get here." She hangs up first.

-------

You run outside in your pale blue raincoat with partially damp hair, just hoping that you won't catch a cold. You start walking northwest, the direction your grandparents' house is.

As usual, you walk past the cemetery that haunts your dreams every night. You dream that one day you'll be one of those spirits, no longer having to suffer, but to live in an eternal paradise.

Psh, I wish. It beats living my boring life.

You say a silent prayer as the last set of tombstones disappears from your view, and you continue walking towards your destination.

You pass by a cafe, smelling the sweet scent of coffee lingering in the air.

I should get grandma and grandpa some tea.

The barista looks up as you walk in, and the one other customer doesn't seem to mind your presence.

"Good morning, how may I help you today?"

"Can I get one iced coffee, and two green teas to go please?"

The barista smiles and nods her head.

You turn around, and can't help but notice that you're basically nose-to-nose with the other customer. You sense a mysterious look in his eyes. His purple hoodie seems to smell of iced coffee as well.

"Can I...help you?" you ask, a bit scared.

You can do nothing but watch as he exits the cafe and runs off in the other direction.

-----

I'm back, es.

I'm sorry I've been on such a long hiatus.

I was actually thinking of discontinuing this and other fics, but I want to keep doing this for fun.

If you're actually reading this, I'll continue this in the next Hoya chapter.