Chapter 1: Sunggyu

~ Infinite Scenarios ~

Sunggyu

On a cool summer night in 2008, you're sitting by the boardwalk on an empty beach with your friend. It's basically deserted besides the few people walking their dogs and the couples sitting by the water.

You glance behind you at the ferris wheel filled with screaming kids, then your eyes shift to the concession stands. That's when you hear your stomach growl.

"Mind doing me a favor?" You say to your friend.

"I'm not getting you food."

"Please?" You try to convince her by putting on your best puppy eyes.

She sighs as a sign of her surrender. You smile proudly.

After she gets up to look for something you'd like to eat, you're completely absorbed in the beauty of the stars above your head. You lie down, relax, and close your eyes. The sound of the waves calms you, and the smell of fresh pizza makes your senses tingle. You become a little too relaxed and nearly fall asleep when you hear a loud "oof!" close to where you are.

You shoot up at the sound of it and run to help someone who tripped.

"Be careful next time, mister," you scold the stranger playfully as you gently help him up.

He laughs nervously. "I was after someone..."

You two then sit down by the boardwalk, chatting up a storm. Even though you just met him, you realize he has no intention of harming you, so you end up not holding anything back. You find out you have a lot in common after all.

"You like Muse too?" he says a little too excitedly.

"They're one of my favorite bands. I couldn't survive without their music."

Your friend then comes back with a basket of French fries for you, devouring a box of pizza on her own. "Hey, I got your food. You owe me."

The stranger slowly gets up and says "I have to go, my sister's waiting for me." To which you nod.

"Can you call me when you're free?" he asks.

"Okay," you smile. As he walks off, you yell, "Wait, what's your name?"

He turns his head towards you one last time before leaving and you hear the faint sound of his voice saying "Sunggyu".

Your friend then sits down next to you and elbows you, playfully wiggling her eyebrows. "So who was that?" she asks.

"Sunggyu," you reply as you hug your knees to your chest.