09; Yixing

Powers Are A Pain In The

09; Yixing

 

"Heal me, I'm heartbroken."

"Sorry, I'm not prepared to deal with overly personal matters."


a. First aid kit

 

Every prepared household must have three things—a fridge, a good internet connection and a first aid kit. In EXO's dorm, they have all except the last, but they have something that's a thousand times better—Zhang Yixing.

 

"Yixing-hyung! I'm sick!" A pouty whine came from the room opposite Yixing's. 

 

Yixing was watching a drama on his laptop while munching on crackers. He most certainly did not want to get interrupted because of some petty sickness that Sehun had. Even though he was the maknae, Yixing would not tolerate it. The drama was more important—oh my god, did he just confess to her? Yixing internally squealed. 

 

“Hyung," Sehun whined again, dragging out the syllable for longer than necessary. Yixing raised an eyebrow. It was rare that the maknae did aegyo to anyone of his own accord; he was so stoic and uninterested about everything.

 

"Just a moment, Sehun-ah," Yixing told him. He could not skip that kiss scene! And after watching Kim Soohyun and Jeon Jihyun make out for one minute, Yixing sighed contently and paused the video. He frowned at the mess on the table—he was most certainly a messy eater, and needed to work on his mastication skills.

 

Yixing made his way over to Sehun's room, and was surprised to find the younger becoming a lump in the sheets, not moving at all. He pulled down the blankets and was faced with a gaunt and pale Sehun, looking really sick.

 

"If I didn't know any better, I would've thought you were an actor from Twilight," Yixing joked to lighten up the mood. Sehun laughed humourlessly.

 

"Very funny, hyung," he said drily. Yixing sat down by the bed and placed a hand on Sehun's forehead.

 

"Wow, it's really hot," Yixing commented.

 

"I feel terrible, hyung. I have a splitting headache too." Sehun looked pasty, with dark eyebags underneath his eyes. 

 

"What happened?" Yixing asked, voice laced with concern.

 

"I was out in the rain without an umbrella yesterday," Sehun said, as miserable as can be. Yixing clucked disapprovingly.

 

"I remember Kris telling you to bring one. Why didn't you?" He chided. Sehun mumbled something along the lines of "sorry" and "lazy" and "never gonna do it again". 

 

"Alright, you better keep that promise." Yixing placed both hands on Sehun's forehead, and focused his thoughts on Sehun. A white light emanated from his palms and Sehun's face regained that healthy glow again.

 

"I feel much better now. Thanks hyung," Sehun said gratefully, as soon as Yixing removed his hands.

 

"Happy to help," Yixing gave a small smile. "Just... don't get sick again. If I miss my drama, you'll get it from me," he added before leaving.

 

b. Acne remover

 

Morning came along and the members were woken by an ear-splitting scream coming from Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun was standing in front of the mirror, eyes wide open in horror as he turned left and right scrutinising every inch of his face. 

 


"Is... is this a dream? This must be a dream, right?" Baekhyun while touching the various patches of acne on his usually flawless face. "This can't be it... I use moisturiser everyday,,," He said in a small voice, almost as if he was reassuring himself.

 

Luhan, Chanyeol and Jongdae came into the room, probably because of the scream. After hearing Baekhyun's whines, Luhan yawned, disinterest apparent in the way he rolled his eyes.

 

"Hyung! How could you!" Baekhyun complained. "My perfect skin is ruined and you just stand there without a word? How am I supposed to face my fans later?" While saying all this, Baekhyun was fervently applying some kind of anti-acne serum onto his face.

 

"What are you rubbing on your skin? What if you make it worse?" A voice, coming from the door, caught everyone's attention. Heads turned to find Jongdae leaning casually on the door frame while nonchalantly munching on a piece of bread.

 

"Like you know anything about skin care at all. Look how oily your face is all the time!" Baekhyun bit back. pouting.

 

Jongdae chuckled. "Now that insult was uncalled for."

 

"It's okay, Baek! I will still love you no matter what," Chanyeol solemnly declared. Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol staring at him with a cheesy grin on his face, and couldn't help but smile at his dumb expression. 

 

"But I'm ugly," Baekhyun sighed, still checking the mirror obsessively as if the acne was going to disappear any minute. He was disappointed when after ten minutes, the acne was still no less visible than before.

 

"Tell manager-hyung I'm quitting. I'm going to be a hermit and stay here, hiding from the light of day, not venturing into the outside world ever again," Baekhyun announced melodramatically. "I will have to wait for my acne to disappear. In the meantime, tell the fans I have gastric flu, and not to worry too much about me."

 

The members in the room collectively rolled their eyes. 

 

"Manager-hyung's never gonna allow it, don't worry," Luhan said sarcastically. "It's just a few patches—make-up can do wonders, you know."

 

"You don't understand," Baekhyun shook his head fervently. "It's about how I carry myself. How can I be y in front of the camera looking like this?" He gestured to his face, the blotchy red spots making him look oddly like a teenager going through puberty.

 

"What's all the big deal about?" Yixing came in, still half-asleep. His eyes were half-closed, and one almost couldn't tell if he was actually awake or just sleepwalking.

 

"My life is ruined. Yixing-hyung, this is a disastrous catastrophe. I have to fend for myself now that the others have decided to leave me to my own devices. I'm at my wit's end." 

 

Yixing furrowed his eyebrows, confused. To be honest, Sunday mornings weren't a good time for Yixing to infer Baekhyun's bombastic words. Jongdae explained everything to him in simpler terms.

 

"Baekhyun here has an acne outbreak," Jongdae said, ignoring Baekhyun's pleas of "this could potentially destroy my career!"

 

"I'm sorry to hear that, Baekhyun-ah," Yixing responded groggily.

 

The cogs in Jongdae's brain were turning, and presently he lit up. "I've got an idea!"

 

"Buy me SKII moisturiser?" Baekhyun suggested.

 

"No, idiot. Yixing!"

 

"Buy him Yixing?" Now it was Luhan's turn to get confused.

 

"Why am I even living together with you guys," Jongdae wailed exasperatedly and hit his forehead with his hand. "Yixing can heal Baekhyun!"

 

There was a pause of about three seconds, before Baekhyun started jumping up and down and yelling, "Kim Jongdae, you're a genius!" Yixing scratched his head.

 

"I don't know, I've never actually treated acne before," he confessed.

 

"Well, there's a first time for everything, isn't there?" Baekhyun said flippantly. "Quick, heal me!"

 

Yixing placed his hands on Baekhyun's cheeks, and closed his eyes. For a long time, nothing happened. The members almost thought Yixing had fallen asleep and Luhan was reaching over to prod him when, all of a sudden, a white light shone from Yixing's hands.

 

Moments later, Yixing opened his eyes and removed his hands—and to everyone's amazement, Baekhyun's skin was as soft as a baby's, without a trace of the acne that had plagued him. 

 

"I think I love you," Baekhyun said breathlessly as he checked himself out in the mirror. Yixing merely smiled, while Chanyeol huffed indignantly, muttering "I can create fireballs too."

 

c. Unicorn in disguise

 

It wasn't often that Yixing could go out shopping. But today, he had a rare (and precious) amount of free time, which he treasured. So being the good friend that he was, he called Tao out to go shopping with him.

 

Tao didn't even think twice before agreeing immediately. They were walking down the streets of Myeongdong, dressed casually and without makeup. Surprisingly, nobody recognised them (perhaps because of their disguise) and both Yixing and Tao treasured their privacy, which was hard to come by. 

 

"Can we go to the Gucci store later?" Tao asked in Chinese.

 

"No." Yixing denied his request immediately.

 

"Can't we just walk past?"

 

"No."

 

"But—"

 

"No."

 

Tao pouted, defeat and despair written on his features. "You're so mean."

 

Yixing shrugged, used to Tao's antics. But then he walked into something—or rather, something bumped into him, and a second later the sound of crying was heard.

 

Yixing looked down to see a little girl, about six or seven, howling in pain. Her knee was scraped on the concrete and blood was quickly flowing out of her wound, bright red in stark contrast with her pale white skin.

 

"Shh, I'm sorry, don't cry." Yixing helped her on her feet and started comforting her by holding her tight and rubbing her back.

 

"I'm bleeding," the girl sniffled, then cried even louder. Judging from the way passers-by were staring at them, Yixing figured it looked exceedingly like he was bullying her.

 

"I'm sorry," Yixing apologised, "I really am. But stop crying, okay?"

 

The girl just ignored him as she wailed, tears streaming down her face. Yixing looked at Tao helplessly, eyes silently pleading for help. The little girl cracked an eye open to see a scary-looking ninja assassin in front of her, and cried louder.

 

Tao bent down, and whispered something shocking in Yixing's ear. "Heal her." 

 

Yixing's eyes widened. "Here? Now?"

 

Tao nodded. "Unless you want the headlines tomorrow to be 'EXO's Lay bullies little girl'."

 

Yixing cursed inaudibly at his misfortune, but the next moment, he turned to look at the little girl with a gentle smile.

 

"I'll heal you, okay?"

 

The girl stopped sniffling, disbelief written across her features. "Really, oppa?" 

 

Yixing smiled wryly. "Watch."

 

He pulled the girl to the side of the road, and then placed his hands gently on both sides of her scraped knee. The girl's mouth opened in wonder as she witnessed both of his hands emitting a miraculous white light. She was about to cry out in amazement when the scary-looking man beside her shushed her. Out of fright, she immediately closed .

 

The little girl watched as the blood streaming out of her wound stopped, and gradually even the wound itself disappeared without a trace. Tears having stopped, she lifted up her head to meet the eyes of the dimpled man before her, and whispered, "How did you do that?"

 

Yixing furrowed his eyebrows, trying to think of a sensible explanation other than "I'm a member of a 12-member Kpop group all with superpowers."

 

After a moment of thought, he said instead, "I'm a unicorn."

 

"Really?" The girl asked immediately. She didn't catch Tao's obvious eyerolling.

 

"Yeah," Yixing answered. "You better get going, little girl. Goodbye."

 

"Bye," the girl replied, still a little dazed by what had happened, and headed away.

 

"Look at what you've done. Now the headlines will be 'EXO member revealed to be unicorn with magical healing powers'," Tao huffed, once the little girl was out of earshot.

 

Yixing shrugged. "Close enough."


A/N:

Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed this update! c: I won't be able to post for the next few weeks because of exams (6 exams tbh) so apologies in advance. Do tell me who you want to see in the next chapter as well :)

Thank you for all your lovely comments and upvotes and everything, they really make my day ^^

(Btw I typed this while half-asleep so if you see any mistakes please inform me!)