04; Kyungsoo

Powers Are A Pain In The

04; Kyungsoo

 

"Shh, I'm spiritually connecting with my roots."

"Wow, I didn't know you took it so... literally."


a. Scaring the other members

 

Kyungsoo thinks his power is rather useful. 

 

It may not be as cool-sounding as Luhan's telekinesis or Tao's time control, and it may not be as spectacular as Chanyeol's fire or Baekhyun's light, but it has its benefits after all. He fondly remembers that he did use it to save Kris' from Bollywood scouts not too long ago. He was pleased to find that Kris listened to him more afterwards, and also didn't order him around as much. 

 

The most satisfactory part is how easily the other members are scared of his power. It gives him a great sense of authority and superiority, and also an advantage when bargaining for things. 

 

"But hyung, I want to shower first!" Sehun whined. They had just returned from a schedule which had dragged on unforeseeably, and it was well past midnight when EXO dragged their tired feet and half-closed eyes through the door. Naturally, there had been a big fight for the two toilets in their dorm. The alert ones like Kris and Baekhyun occupied the toilets first, sprinting at almost superhuman speeds to get to the cubicles. The rest of the members could only wait, grumbling, for their turn. But the scuffle for the toilets hadn't ended yet. When Kris exited the toilet all fresh and clean, Jongdae rushed in. And Baekhyun had barely stepped outside before Jongin went tumbling in, yelling out a muffled "Sorry, hyung!" before closing the door.

 

It was a dog-eat-dog world.

 

Kyungsoo had just managed to beat Sehun to the toilet, when the latter had turned to him and said that. Kyungsoo was, needless to say, pissed.

 

"Go away, maknae. You can go shower with Zitao."

 

Sehun made a face. He was reminded of that Happy Camp episode, where Zitao was flamed for dragging s to shower together with him. Sehun didn't really enjoy showering with anyone except Luhan, but not like Luhan ever showered with anyone anyway. He took a nervous glance at Zitao, who was boredly flipping through channels on the television, and gulped. 

 

"But I don't wanna. He never shares the shampoo! And he stands under the shower for so long I freeze to death waiting."

 

"Then shut up and wait patiently for your turn," huffed Kyungsoo before he slammed the toilet door shut. A gust of wind blew it back open and Sehun was staring at him with his hands on his hips. 

 

"What do you want, Sehun?" Kyungsoo asked exasperatedly.

 

"I don't want to be last, hyung," Sehun pouted. Kyungsoo glanced towards the living room and found Yixing lying on the couch, probably asleep. Zitao had stopped flipping through random channels and had settled for a random dating programme. He swiveled his eyes back to the maknae who was making a pitiful face at him.

 

"Serves you right." The cold-hearted Kyungsoo was unmoved by Sehun's display of aegyo.

 

"Hyung!"

 

Kyungsoo had had enough. He lifted a foot threateningly. Sehun widened his eyes. 

 

"No, you wouldn't dare, you wouldn't," he whispered. Kyungsoo lowered his foot half a centimetre. "How do you know?"

 

"You can't, that's..."

 

Another half a centimetre.

 

"You think too little of me, Sehun." Kyungsoo smirked.

 

"I... Fine! I'll go wait!" He wheeled around and stormed back into the living room, completely missing the delighted grin on Kyungsoo's face. 

 

b. Gardener-in-the-making/Fengshui advisor

 

Kyungoo likes to think that he has a green thumb. He buys a variety of flowers, shrubs and bonsai to be grown in the dorm. The other members avoid going into his room as much as possible, because they are guaranteed to either get lost in the forest or trip over a stray potted plant and incur extensive injuries. None which sound particularly pleasant. But when his forest threatens to encroach onto other territory, the members feel they have to make a stand.

 

"Kyungsoo, what's that plant in my room? Since when did I have a plant in my room?" Junmyeon confronted him. 

 

"Mmhmm," Kyungsoo hummed in agreement. "That's cool."

 

"Don't try to avoid the topic," the leader insisted. "You put it in there, didn't you?"

 

"It improves the fengshui, hyung." 

 

"I don't care, I want it gone from my room immediately."

 

"But it's nice!" Kyungsoo rebutted.

 

"I don't like it," Junmyeon argued, hitting his head with his palm. "Remove it, or I'll throw it away."

 

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. "What did you say?"

 

"I'll throw it away."

 

"You wouldn't dare." Kyungsoo growled menacingly. To him, his potted plants were close to the most important thing in the world. He jumped up a little and Junmyeon's expression darkened immediately when he saw the tiny crack on the floor. 

 

"No no no, fine I won't throw it away, just please, don't use your powers." He knew that with every little pressure Kyungsoo exerted on the floor, it would crack. He didn't want what happened at Music Bank a few months ago to repeat itself. (Apparently, Kyungsoo cracked the stage and the company had to shell out a few million won to get it fixed. They weren't too pleased.)

 

Kyungsoo smiled brightly. "Remember, it's good for fengshui," he said before leaving Junmyeon's room. 

 

c. Getting on people's nerves

 

Kyungsoo really loves his potted plants. No one really cares about what he does with them, but Jongdae has to do a double take when he pushed open the door to his room and found him caressing a mound of soil lovingly. 

 

"Um... Kyungsoo, what are you doing?" he asked cautiously.

 

"Can't you see?" Kyungsoo replied, with eyes closed. "I'm spiritually connecting with my roots."

 

"Er. Are you sure, Kyungsoo?"

 

"Yeah, you better keep quiet or you'll be disturbing our conversation."

 

"What the—" Jongdae sputtered. 

 

"Shh... They're speaking to me."

 

"I can't even hear anything!"

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows in concentration. "They're saying that you're too noisy and they don't feel like talking anymore."

 

"Oi!"

 

"People like you won't hear them no matter how hard you listen."

 

"Hey!" Jongdae cried, now indignant.

 

"Shhhh!" 

 

"Fine! I'm off." Jongdae declared. He spun around and left the room, slamming the door in his wake. 

 

"Shhh!" came Kyungsoo's distinctive voice from behind the door. Jongdae groaned.

 

d. Spying on the other members (specifically, Jongin)

 

Kyungsoo was perplexed. Jongin had been missing, and not for just a while either. In fact, Kyungsoo didn't remember seeing him at all after lunch. His suspicions were further confirmed when Yixing began to ask the same question too.

 

"Where's Jongin? I haven't seen him anywhere," Yixing asked, popping his head in the kitchen where Kyungsoo was currently steaming a pot of noodles. 

 

Kyungsoo shrugged noncommittally. "I don't know. I'm not attached to him at the hip, you know." He couldn't be expected to know his whereabouts all the time, despite being his boyfriend. 

 

Yixing chewed his bottom lip thoughtfully. "That's strange... I thought you were with him."

 

"I thought he was with you! Probably practicing dance moves or something."

 

Yixing shook his head. "Practice ended over an hour ago. He isn't with me."

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows. Where could Jongin be then? It wasn't like him to be missing for long periods of time.

 

"Did he go teleporting again?" 

 

"Yeah, maybe Duizhang got lost again," Yixing snickered. Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh heartedly. He would never let Kris forget it for the rest of his life. That episode had ingrained itself deeply into the memories of all the members. It happened that Kris had gave 50 bucks to Jongin, but the fact that Jongin suddenly became richer overnight. After some investigation, the others found out what happened to Kris and never let him live it down, choosing to every chance they got. 

 

"Can you use your powers to check? I'm kind of worried," said Yixing.

 

Kyungsoo turned the knob, lowering the flame on the stove. He closed his eyes and lay on the floor, concentrating all his willpower on Jongin. After a few moments, he opened his eyes, utterly speechless.

 

"He's... in Incheon."

 

"What? Why?" 

 

"I have no idea," shrugged Kyungsoo. But he found out soon enough, when Jongin returned later on.

 

"Hey hyung," Jongin started, siding up to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was startled. Was Jongin being... shy? 

 

"I just wanted to buy a little something for you," Jongin continued, handing him a takeaway packet. "I know I haven't been the best boyfriend lately, and I'm really sorry about that, but I just wanted to make it up to you." 

 

"So that's why you were in Incheon all day?" Kyungsoo gingerly opened the packet, and started when he saw ddukbokki, still steaming hot in his hands. Beads of water had condensed on the lid.

 

"That's my favourite ddukbokki! I... I didn't even think you'd remember the stall..." Kyungsoo felt touched. They had been to Incheon over half a year ago, and they only chanced upon the roadside stall by accident. It didn't even have a signboard, and Kyungsoo couldn't imagine to what lengths Jongin must've gone to search for it.

 

"Yeah I, I had a hard time finding it. It took much longer than I expected. I'm sorry to have made you worry, hyung."

 

Kyungsoo jumped and hugged him tight. "Don't be, Jongin. Thank you so much, you're an amazing boyfriend."

 

"Thank you, too," Jongin smiled, before leaning in. Their lips had barely brushed when a badly timed interruption in the form of a cough separated them.

 

"Uhh I'd love to let you guys carry on, but there's a crack on the floor?" Minseok stated, pointing at the floor, which was cracked like the shell of an egg. 

 

Kyungsoo groaned. "Dammit, not again!" 


A/N: 

oH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY.

I realised this wasn't so much a "what I get into with this power" but rather a "what I get out of with this power". Uhh cause Kyungsoo's power is really hard to write about like so these were the only things I could come up with. I'm getting out of it. SO SORRY ABOUT THE HIATUS I was thinking of updating once I finished Into Your World but then it became longer than I expected so I. Yeah I'm sorry.

Speaking of which, which member would you want me to write next?