Memories and Chickens.

Be Ma Girl?

 

‘Andwae. I will never do it. Never. Ever. Ever....Like....Ever.’ Chanhee said for the thousandth time that day.

‘Awww Channie-ah waeyo?’

‘Jonghwan hyung you know I don’t like it and you can’t force me.’

‘But what about all the things Byunghyunie has done for you. It’s not like he’s asking you to jump off a bridge.’

‘I have never asked him to do something he hated. Plus his reason for asking me to do it is sooo superficial. He just wants to look cool. And this is final, I’m going now. Bye hyung.’ Chanhee said walking away from Jonghwan.

Jonghwan stood there a little down, he had badgered Chanhee all through Math and now he had practically chased him home but the other boy hadn’t shown any signs of giving in. A figure came up behind Jonghwan and placed a hand on his shoulder.

‘It’s okay hyung, you tried now it’s down to our trump cards. Thanks for doing this. Do you think it seems superficial.’ asked the figure.

‘Nope, it may seem like that a little now. Let’s go home, okay.’ answered Jonghwan

 

Chanhee was nearly home when his phone began ringing.

‘Yoboseyo....ah hyung....sure you can come over. Yep, see you in half an hour. Ok, annyeong~’ Chanhee spoke into the phone, pressing the end call button he realised he was in front of his door, fishing out his keys, he let himself in and after shouting a greeting to his parents, went upstairs to his room and took a shower. He then lay on his bed, listening to his music and humming along, he wasn’t sure when but soon he fell asleep.

Chanhee vaguely felt the bed dip beside him as someone sat there, he definitely felt the warm hand his hair and subconsciously pressed himself into the hand, emitting a purr-like noise. The deep laughter that followed brought him to his senses a little more and curious, he sat up to see the owner of the hand but he had a pretty good idea who it was already.

‘Hyung’ he mumbled groggily, sitting up rubbing his eyes sleepily. He looked out the window and saw that the sky had grown dark. ‘Why’d you come so late?’

‘Aigoo~ Kyeopta. I’m sorry dongsaeng. I had a few problems to fix, I had to go buy banana milk because we ran out and Taemin looked like he had lost his soul. Then resident-diva-Key was trashing our house because of Jonghyun having supposedly flirted with someone. Also there’s a new fried chicken shop down your road and it was my job as Chicken Ambassador to check its quality.’

‘I’s okay, Onew hyung, anyway why’d you come here anyway?’ Chanhee asked his hyung who had now gotten up and was pacing the room.

‘Oh, nothing. You know. Just wanted to see my dongsaeng, I missed you, you know.’ Onew replied walking towards Chanhee’s bookshelf

‘Hyung, your college is just opposite mine. And yesterday we went to grab lunch together.’ Chanhee said, he was going to continue but Onew had somehow managed to walk into his bookshelf and capsize it causing all Chanhee’s books and then the storage boxes on top of the bookshelf and finally the bookshelf itself to fall onto Onew.

‘OMO hyung, are you okay?!’ Chanhee shouted worriedly rushing to Onew’s side. He could hear Onew groan underneath. ‘Wait, I’ll get you out!!’ Chanhee said whilst trying to lift the wooden, bookshelf off Onew. His arms were skinny but they did have some lean muscles and soon he lifted the shelf, enough for Onew to wriggle out from underneath, and then dropped it back down.

‘Hyung!! HYUNG!! Please say something!!’ Chanhee yelled at Onew hands cupping his face.

‘Calm down Channie, I would say something if you let me. Eh he he, sorry about this mess.’ Onew said sheepishly smiling at Chanhee, motioning to the mess of books and papers that lay around them. As expected, Onew didn’t seem to have hurt himself or be in pain. They are right when they say idiots don’t feel pain, Chanhee thought to himself and chuckled.

‘Its okay hyung. I expect something like this to happen when I invite you around. Molhaedo Onew Sangtae~ (Whatever he does, its Onew condition.)’ Chanhee said, singing the last part. He thought about the last time Onew came over when Chanhee was sick and insisted on making Chanhee soup and ended up burning half of Chanhee’s kitchen meaning him and his family had to live in a hotel for a week, Chanhee’s mum had been happy, she had wanted a new kitchen for a long time, the same couldn’t be said for Chanhee’s dad.  Chanhee got up and stuck his hand out which Onew grabbed onto, pulling Onew to his feet.

‘Urm let’s get this mess sorted. Let’s straighten the bookshelf first.’ Onew said and single-handedly lifted the book shelf back into its correct position. Chanhee glared enviously at Onew’s flexing muscles and his show of strength. It wasn’t that Chanhee was weak, it was just that he wasn’t as strong as he wanted to be. Onew noticed the way Chanhee was glaring wistfully albeit cutely at him and knew what Chanhee was thinking.

‘Ahah don’t worry dongsaeng, you’re still growing.’ Onew said, ruffling Chanhee’s hair. ‘Do you want to know my secret?’ he whispered, leaning in closer to Chanhee. Chanhee was instantly furiously nodding, he would do anything to get stronger or manlier.

‘Its....’ Chanhee held his breath, waiting ‘...chicken’ Chanhee comically deflated. He should’ve known it was too good to be true, I mean Onew offering good advice, come on.

‘Hyung, don’t you think you should stop promoting chicken?’ Chanhee asked and began putting his books back

‘Huh? Why would I do such a thing? The world needs to know what an amazing thing chicken is and worship it.’ Onew retorted apparently shocked.

‘Well because if the world finds out about how amazing chicken is and then everyone starts eating it, then there’ll be none left for you. In history whenever something amazing and beautiful has been exposed to the world, humans have always ruined it.’

They both became still and there was silence for a moment and then Onew gasped.

‘Omo my Channie, I have underestimated wisdom!! You have the makings of an Ambassador of Chicken. You are absolutely right!! I must stop advertising chicken!! I must tell everyone its terrible and poisonous’ Onew was about to leave the room but after a look from Chanhee he remained in his place ‘After we tidy this up, of course.’

The two males went about tidying for about another half an hour and when they were done they both collapsed on the bed but Onew felt something under his foot and so bent over to investigate. He pulled up the book and saw it was a scrapbook with a picture of two little boys with their arms around each other. He nudged Chanhee and the boy turned to see what his hyung wanted but when he saw the book his eyes widened.

‘Oh this is my old scrapbook. I haven’t seen it in ages.’ Chanhee exclaimed

‘What’s in it?’ Onew asked though he knew already.

‘Well its one Byunghun and I made when we were younger, so it’s mostly just of us. Byunghun has an identical one.’ Chanhee said and took the book out of Onew’s hand, opening it up and flipping through the pages, Onew reading over his shoulder. On some pages there were photographs, on others there were drawings obviously done by a young child, some had leaflets to amusement parks and cinema tickets. On every page, next to these items, was a small piece of text signed by Chanhee.

Onew read some of them aloud:

‘Today I met Byunghun for the first time. He helped me from the bullies.’

‘Byunghun and I went to the park today. It was the best day of my life.’

‘I gave Byunghun a nickname today. BYEONGARI!!!! Aren’t I a genius? It’s because he has scrawny chicken legs and looks like a cute little chick. He didn’t really like it but he said because it’s me he’ll let it go, but no one else can call him it, just me.

‘Byeongari today told Mommy what I wanted to but couldn’t.’

‘Byeongari and I went to see our first movie together. IT WAS AWESOME.’

‘The bullies were calling me names again but Byeongari showed them.’

‘Byungie is leaving for America today. He told me he’d be back for me and he wouldn’t let anyone hurt me but my world feels like its broken.’

‘Its been 4 years but Byeongari is BACK. Oh he’s back~ He’s back~ He’s back~’

‘Today I gave Byungie a new and cooler name: *drumroll* L.JOE!!! Because he’s practically American now, heehee.

‘I got Byunghun to play me the piano today.’

‘L.Joe attended my school’s concert and played the piano while I sang.’

‘Last night I called L.Joe over because it was a thunderstorm and I was scared. He stayed with me the whole night.’

‘Tomorrow L.Joey is applying to transfer to my school because I said I was lonely. YAY!!’

‘Today I made L.Joe take me to see the new horror movie that had come out. It was really scary and afterwards I got L.Joe to have a sleepover so I wouldn’t be alone. I asked him to share the bed with me because I was really scared and he did even though he must have been uncomfortable because it’s such a small bed. Sorry Byungie~’

‘I jokingly asked L.Joe to dye his hair pink and guess what...HE DID!!! Lol, it suits him though. May be I’ll ask him to go blond next.

Onew finished reading but Chanhee continued flicking through.

‘Awww, Byunghun did a lot for you didn’t he? He’s so cute. Anyhoo I should be going now, its getting late. See you tomorrow okay?’ Onew announced getting up and stretching.

Chanhee distractedly mumbled a response and weakly waved good bye but Onew was already gone.

Onew stepped out into the cold and began to walk down the road when a figure stepped in front of him.

‘Did you do as I asked hyung?’

‘Yup. It was easy for someone as awesome as me.’ Onew replied

‘Why were you in there so long and so late?’ the other person said voice slightly venomous

‘Oh you this and that happened.’

‘What?!?’

‘Haha, don’t worry dongsaeng, nothing happened. Your plans on track so make sure you do it right. Shouldn’t you be in bed at this time? Anyhoo I’ve got to go, I need to call Luna, she's waiting for me heehee.’ Onew said walking past the person. ‘Ah the things I do for my dongsaengs. There must be buckets of chicken waiting for me in heaven. AH!! About that. Dongsaeng. Remember all that stuff I said about chicken, yeah well, forget it. Chicken is horrible, nasty even, it makes your hair fall out and gives you crabbes. So stay away from it, I’ve warned you.’ Onew called out to his dongsaeng who was busy looking up at the lit bedroom window of Chanhee’s room and smirking.

'Now for our final trump card.'

A/N: Chapter 2, this was meant to be a one shot but what can you, I wasn't meant to write this much but I got carried away. Anyhoo Onew's character was going to be Minwoo (100%) at first but then I was like, Onew Condition is needed so yeah.