Uncertainty

You're not my girlfriend, or are you ?

Nothing beats the feeling of being back to your own body. Jessica kept on grinning like a mad woman in a mental hospital. 

So my uncertainty is a curse?  She questioned herself. Or was that dream just some weird illusions? Is it time I believe in superstition? 

So many questions popped inside her head that she didn’t notice she was alone in the room. The coldness of the room didn’t bother her even a little bit. She was way too delighted. 

She glanced outside the window, eye fierecing through the clear window framed glass, and spotted small white cotton-like dropping. Everywhere.        

She gasped. 

 

“It is snowing!” She covered ; it’s her favorite time of the year. 

 

At that sudden moment, she felt the chills. She finally realized that she was alone. She also just remembered to check on her sister since Jessica recalled seeing her sister was sleeping by Amber.

 

“Oh dear! At that time, i was in Krystal’s body, then Krys must have taken a huge fall. I hope she’s alright!” 

 

While Jessica was searching for her phone, the door opened.

 

“Unnie!!! You’re awake!” (you all must have thought it’s Yuri, right? :D)

Her only sister, Krystal, approached her eagerly with only one bandage on her nose. 

 

“Krystal! I’m glad you’re ok!” Exclaimed Jessica. 

“Not quite!” She spoke with shrieking voice from the overly happiness, “my nose is very painful. Nurse said I was bleeding non-stop” 

“Let me see!” Jessica cupped her sister’s face in order to check on her nose, “it is still so red, Krys. You should get back to the nurse!” 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. Just look at yourself. You’re so pale,” replied Krystal who is right now more concerned about Jessica. 

 

Jessica stood there, getting all teared up.  Words couldn’t escape as she was too grateful that her sister is so worried about her well-being. All her life, being an older sister is a huge responsibility that always tire her out. Even worse, she had never expected that her younger sister to be this caring. 

 

“Unnie? Are you okay? Why are you crying? Are hurt anywhere?” Krystal span her Unnie around to check on her again. 

“I’m ok,” Jessica wiped her tears, “I’m ok. I’m just happy you are worried so much about me, you know,” Jessica began to sob loudly. 

 

Krystal, seeing her sister cried in front of her, pull Jessica in for a hug. After all, it’s so easy because she’s taller than Jessica. Jessica cried even louder, feeling the comfort of the warm hug. 

 

“I’m sorry Yuri isn’t here for you. I think she’s busy because she only rushed out when I woke up,” said Krystal, “let me call her for you.”

“NO! Don’t call her!” Jessica exclaimed, pulling away from the hug. 

“Why not?! She’s supposed to be here taking care of you!” Replied Krystal, wondering about her older sister’s weird reaction.

 

Jessica, who didn’t want to let Krystal know about her break up yet, tried to change the question direction. 

 

“Well, what about Amber? You should be with her right now,” said Jessica. 

“She’s with the rest of band now,” Krystal answered quickly and realized that Jessica was only trying to put the spotlight on her, “Hey! Don’t change the question! Why don’t you want me to call Yuri!?” 

 

Jessica heaved a loud sigh before walking away from Krystal. She walked and stopped at the window where she can clearly see the falling snow. Sensing something is wrong, Krystal slowly walked and stopped by her sister, silently waiting for her unnie to utter her problems. 

 

“I…,” Jessica sighed, “I broke up with Yuri already.” 

“So?” Krystal asked, oblivious of Jessica’s tensed up emotions. 

“What do you mean ‘so’?” Jessica snapped and stared at her sister because that one word ‘so’ is really getting on her nerve. Why would her sister even ask that? 

“Why can’t she visit you? Or take care of you? I mean, it’s not new. She has always done that even when you guys were just band mates,” Krystal shrugged her shoulder. 

“Krys,” Jessica grabbed both Krystal’s shoulders, “I broke up with Yuri. I broke her heart. There is no ing reason why she should come take care of me! Would you go all the way to take care of a person who just hurt you so bad?” Spoke Jessica in one breathe, while looking straight at her sister without blinking her eyes at all. 

“Wow, unnie! From living with you since forever, all I’ve learnt is that you’re very selfish. So that’s like all of the reasons that Yuri should come and take care of you because you wanted her to do so. Have Yuri changed you this much?” Krystal asked in awe. 

 

Jessica stood there. Still. 

Reflected back into her past, she did change remarkably. 

 

She would wake Yuri up at 5 am in the morning because she wanted to have bubble tea, but didn’t want to wake up and get ready to buy it at 10 am. She would whine that because of the late concert, she couldn’t get up to buy it herself. However, she had never thought for once that Yuri was just as tired as her. 

Yet, Yuri would still get up at 8 to get ready and bought her bubble tea. 

And that is just one example out of other million examples that she had been very selfish to Yuri. 

 

“Maybe that’s true. Maybe the curse is now lifted because I am certain of my feeling and how I evolved.” 

 

Jessica mumbled those words out, and at the same time earning acknowledging nods from her younger sister. Krystal’s facial expression, which should have been sad for her sister, was lightened up so bright. With her huge smile, Jessica couldn’t help but asked. 

 

“Why are you so happy?” 

“I am happy for you. There’s nothing better than knowing yourself, unnie. You’re at another level. You’re a better person now!” 

 

Upon hearing that, Jessica smiled as well. 

 

“I suppose so,” she pulled Krystal in for another tight hug.

 

---------------------------------------

Just some Jung Sisters time :D 

I hope you all like it! Enjoy reading! 

Love, 

December12