Three

I know (Sequel of Only One)

I was just stretching out my body, waiting for my turn to do the test in P.E class. Glad that I had this class at first today because it would be boring if we get out at the afternoon to do sports. I tied my hair in a simple bunch then the wind just blew my bangs made me had the urge to removed that from my vision.

 

I narrowed my eyes to adjust the morning sun light and yawned when suddenly Kai spoke something while sitting on the bench, “There’s another class going out for P.E at this time too?”, his eyes directed to the other field.

 

There I saw Baekhyun with his classmates walking to the filed with the other P.E teacher leading. We met eyes for a second and I just looked away immidiately. I was just pissed by his attitude yesterday. Because I didn’t like it when he used a sarcasm towards me and I knew he knew it. It reminded me about some old times when we were fighting but made up after that. This time I’m so done with him.

 

I sat next to Kai so he could covered my body from Baekhyun sight. The feels came again, I tried to get myself busy by tying my shoes.

 

I heard a chuckle from Chanyeol who was already sat next to Kai, “Baekhyun seems so sleepy”

 

Kai just smiled in agreement and then he shout to Baekhyun, “Hey early bird!”

 

The man turned his head to see his two friends were laughing over his sleepy face. He looked at them with narrow eyes, “Early prince, isn’t it?!” he shouted and made the two laughed even harder.

 

Pfft early prince. Ugly prince, instead. More suitable.

 

“Omona~ He’s staring at you, Nana”, Kai said as he fixed his shoes and I just scoffed while looking away.

 

“I heard you two yesterday, it seemed like the problem grew bigger am I right? What happened?”, Chanyeol said as he leaned forward so Kai wasn’t blocking his view anymore.

 

Why he had to bring it up again? I was so sick of him. “I don’t want to talk about it”, I said brief and stood afterwards. I felt like someone was shooting his glare towards me on the other field but I didn’t care.

 

Untill it was my turn to do the jumping test, I get my self ready on the carpet. If I couldn’t land perfectly it would be awful. “Kim Nana, you ready?”, my teacher asked me. I just replied with a nod and rolled up my traning pants.

 

I was in an ambition for a long distance so I could get an A. But the bad effect was I injured my leg right after I landed on the sand.

 

“Crap!”, I said as I bended my body and hugged my leg tightly. It hurted so much and I was afraid that I couldn’t even stand up.

 

“Nana! Are you alright??”, Chanyeol was the first one who came towards me after that.

 

“It hurts..”, I said in pain. Chanyeol was trying to see my face when my teacher asked him to bring me to the school’s health unit.

 

“Can you stand up?”, a familiar voice asking me and that was Kai. I just shook my head as I felt the pain started to creep up and I winced in pain.

 

He squated, backing me. “Here, I’ll carry you”

 

Before I could say anything Chanyeol was helping me to get on Kai’s back.


After getting some ointment on my ankle, I could walk properly again even sometimes the pain would come again but I was better.

 

I was walking down the corridor with a bunch of books from the library with my semi-hobbled steps to my class. Chanyeol offered me his help but I said I was okay, and I didn’t want to bother him because the school was over and he seemed ready to get home.

 

I looked up and felt more relieved as I knew that I just needed to walk several steps more to reach my class. But suddenly a figure appeared right at the doorway and made me surprised. I could say who it was even before he turned to face me.

 

“Nana..?”, he seemed clueless and just looking at me. He might be acting cool to me lately but that just wasn’t really him. I knew Bekhyun too well, I guessed.

 

I ignored him and just walked to the door way but as I predicted, he grabbed my hand to stop me.

 

I frowned in a really tired expression, “What?”

 

He started to act cool again and I hated that. Or I have to admit that I missed his smile so bad.

 

“Can I have your time? I need to talk”

 

“Go on”, I said right after he finished his words.

 

“Just.. not right here, I mean-“

 

“Then I have no time,”, I started my first step to pass him, but he blocked my way. “Baek, get out of my way or else- hey what the hell!”

 

I shouted as I I gripped into his shirt tightly to kept on balance, my books were falling from my hand and messed on the floor. The accident occured so fast, he walked one step nearer to me and I stepped back but how unlucky I was, my ankle hurted just a split of second and it forced me to gripped on something so I didn’t fall.

 

There we stood with my hands gripped into baekhyuns’ untidy shirt uniform and his hand on my waist. He just couldn’t hide his true self, I mean, He was just Baekhyun with all his concern and care showed on his reflex earlier.

 

“A-are you okay??”, he asked and panic showed clearly on his face.

 

We looked straight into each others’ eyes and I could say nothing. Because the feeling was just so overwhelmed and I just wanted to hold him forever like this. I missed him so much, I missed Byun Baekhyun.

 

I felt tears were emerging through my eyes when his scent filled up the air around me and his warmth transfered on my body.

 

“N-nana?”, he stuttered in confusion.

 

His voice waken me up from my thought and with the remaining strenght I shoved him away. I tried to control my breath as I wiped the tears which kept falling through my eyes.

 

I started  to collect my books on the floor like a mad. My breath was uncontrol and my hand were shaky. I saw him squated in front of me to help me with the books. But I grabbed back when he took one of them, “Go away!”, I yelled to him.

 

He startled and I could feel he was watching me all the time. As soon as I finished collecting the books I stood up and ran away from him. I ignored the voice calling my name behind and just kept running nowhere.