Chapter Three

I Give My First Love To You

Amber’s POV

After the awkward goodbye Suzy and I had last night I had been in a bad mood. Jason and I stayed out pretty late last night racing with each other. Drifting was one of the things that calmed me down and made me forget about my worries.

When I got home that night I went to talk to Aiden about what Jason told me back in the practice room.

“So earlier today, Jason told me that the Ok Brother’s dad wants all of us to race against each other on Saturday.” I told him.

“Oh really? Why?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and told him I didn’t know. “Hmm, well we better prepare for Saturday then.”

I wondered the same thing the whole day. Why all of us? Mr. Ok was known around Korea as one of the best drifters and he taught his sons everything they needed to know. But he wasn’t the only one that was well known. Uncle Jin was also one of the best drifters of his time. But he hasn’t raced in years. He taught Aiden everything about drifting and Aiden taught me. Of course when my parents died, he took us in and for our sakes stopped racing.

________________________________________

When I arrived at Suzy’s house, I got out of my car and walked to her front door. I rang the doorbell and waited for an answer. I was greeted by Mrs. Bae.

“Good morning Amber, Suzy’s still getting ready. She’s in her room.” She let me in the house and before I could even utter a ‘good morning’ back at her she was running through to the living room. She was always rushing ever since I was little all I remember about her was that she was always busy.

I made my upstairs to Suzy’s room. Jason’s car wasn’t in the front so I’m guessing he already went to go pick up Ji-Eun. As I neared Suzy’s room, I started feeling nervous. I wasn’t sure how to act at the moment since she left me in an awkward state last night. Her door was shut closed. I stood in front of her door for a moment before taking a deep breath. I raised my hand to knock.

“Suzy?” I waited a few moments. The whole time I was holding my breath.

“Come in!” I heard her yell from the other side. I smiled at the sound of her voice. I opened her door and walked in. What I saw made my heart jump a beat. Her button up shirt was open. She was wearing nothing underneath but a bra. I quickly turned around and closed her door.

“Sorry.” I quickly said. “I didn’t know… I’m sorry.” I heard her quietly laugh behind me. “I didn’t know.” I repeated myself.

“Amb, it’s okay.” She finally said. Then I felt her come up behind me and hug me. I could feel her whole front pressed up behind me. I felt my heart start to beat faster. Every time Suzy and I get close my heart starts beating faster then it starts hurting but this was pain I actually liked. My heart kept beating faster and faster. I brought my right hand up to my chest and squeezed my front. It was painful but I loved Suzy’s closeness.

Then I felt her let go of me. I felt her turn my body around. I had my head down, my eyes were shut tight and my hand was still gripping my shirt.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. She took my face in her hands and slowly pulled my face up. I opened my eyes and saw that she still hadn’t buttoned up her shirt. My heartbeat was going crazy. I quickly shut my eyes again.

“Nothing. It’s not a heart attack.” I assured her. “It just hurts. It’s your shirt…” I opened my eyes and stared at her. She was starting to button her shirt up.

“I’m never going to show you my body.” She said sternly. I watched her with disbelief. “The excitement might kill you.”

“No! It was just… that… that I wasn’t expecting that so suddenly.” I stuttered. I wanted to see more of her.

“Nope. Never again.” She stuck her tongue out at me. I laughed at her silliness. I walked up to her and grabbed her waist slowly pulling her towards me. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I felt her hands start to play with my hair. I loved when she did that.

“I love you.” I told her before I leaned my head towards her and kissed her.

“I love you too.” She said when we pulled apart.

________________________________________

Kirin Art High School – Lunch Period

“Man, I forgot my medicine at home...” Amber whispered as he searched for his medicine in his backpack. Suzy looked over at her boyfriend with a worried expression.

“Do you need it right now?” asked Suzy. The only times Amber took medicine was when his chest felt tight or uncomfortable. She watched as her boyfriend rubbed at his chest.

“Huh? Oh no I was just looking for it.” He lied. Truthfully though, his chest was killing him at the moment. “I’m gonna head to the nurse real quick.” As he stood up to leave so did Suzy.

“I’ll go with you.” she said. Amber shook his head no.

“I’ll be back in a few. I’ll be fine.” He told her. He gave a kiss on the cheek before walking away. She sat back down and watched her boyfriend walk away.

________________________________________

When Amber walked into the infirmary he was greeted with the school nurse.

“Mr. Liu, can I help you with something?” asked the nurse.

“I left my medicine at home and my chest is feeling a little tight right now.” he said while rubbing aching chest. The nurse told him to sit on one of the beds in the room and wait for her to get his medicine. As he sat down the door reopened. He turned thinking it was the nurse only to be wrong.

“Oh hey Krystal!” he greeted. She smiled as she spotted him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I was going to drop off this note from my doctor for the nurse to read.” she said as she waved around the enveloped note. “What about you?”

“Chest pains. Forgot my medicine at home.” he explained with a shrug. At this Krystal nodded her head in understanding. “So how’re you liking it back so far?”

“Well, it definitely hasn’t changed much.” At this they both laughed. Krystal walked over to where he was seated. Amber scooted over and made room for her to sit. “So I see you and Suzy have finally started dating.”

“Yeah.” Amber said rubbing the back of his head shyly. Krystal gave out a nervous laugh.

“It’s so weird how much you two have grown.” She stated. “I remember when we were kids, Suzy and I would always argue over you.” She took hold of his left hand in hers and squeezed.

“Ha oh yeah.” Amber looked down at their hands before letting go and standing up. Before anything else was said the nurse came back with Amber’s medicine.

“Here you are Mr. Liu.” She said handing him the tablets with a water bottle. Amber took it and bowed at the older woman. “Ah, Ms. Jung, may I help you?”

“Oh no, just came to drop this off.” Krystal handed her the envelope. She looked over at Amber as he drank his medicine and said, “I’ll see you later Amb.” before walking out the door.

________________________________________

During his last period Amber sat alone again at the bleachers watching everybody else, well Suzy. However, he was interrupted by a voice calling him. He looked and saw Krystal walking up to where he sat. He gave her a smile and waved back.

“Are you feeling better?” she asked and sat herself next to him.

“Yeah, a lot better.” He told her.

________________________________________

“All right kids, good job today!” yelled Mr. Park the P.E. teacher before he blew his whistle to dismiss everybody.

“Hey Suzy,” Ji-Eun said tapping the other girls shoulder. “Look.” She pointed towards the bleachers where Amber and Krystal were standing. Suzy turned towards where Ji-Eun pointed and frowned.

________________________________________

“It’s weird to think of you as a drift racer.” Krystal gave out a giggle. During the hour long period they talked about Amber and Aiden’s secret drifting life. Amber felt that he could trust her seeing as she was an old friend.

“We should go out together sometime with Aiden and catch up some more.” Krystal said after hearing the teacher dismiss the class.

“Yeah, definitely!” Amber said standing up with Krystal. “Tell you what, how about Saturday. Aiden and I have a race then and it’ll be a great time for you and Aiden to catch up too.” At this Krystal agreed. They both walked down the bleachers.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said before pulling her into a hug. Krystal took this by surprise but hugged him back.

“Bye Amb.” she said before walking away.

________________________________________

Suzy felt a little jealous at the two’s close contact. Even though Amber was her boyfriend and she trusted him she couldn’t help but feel jealous.

________________________________________

More Krystal and Amber moments in this chapter. Thank you for reading :)