Don't Disobey

Assassin's Love

247 Best Lay (Zhang Yixing/my adorable unicorn) images | Yixing ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The breezy night turned into a crisp morning as I awaken to my unfamiliar surroundings. Surroundings which reminded me I am no longer home and safe. My right hand travelled to my neck, grasping for my mother’s necklace that I no longer had. I could run and run and run, but I can’t turn my back on the only thing that reminded me of my mother’s love. I’d need that necklace back before I could pursue any plans about my escape from this hell. My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at the door. I heard some keys jingle, then in came Krystal with a plate of breakfast.
“Good morning!”
She was as cheerful as ever. She set the plate of breakfast and a glass of water down on a table a short distance from the bed. The aroma suddenly reminded me how hungry I’ve been since this whole ordeal. Still, I wanted to resist. I still wanted to be angry and hate the people who kidnapped me. I wonder what Miyoung is thinking, what my friends are thinking, if they miss me, if they’ve called me.
“Aren’t you hungry?” Krystal’s eyes grew wide as she wondered innocently. I paused for a moment.
“Why are you being nice to me?”
It was a valid question. I don’t know these people nor do I care for them. They are criminals, kidnappers, delinquents. Krystal looked at me with a half-guilted sorrow in her eyes.
“I know you’re in a bad place right now. I just- if there’s a way to ease your situation, I’d like to try and make it better instead of adding on to the hostility.”
I sat for a couple of seconds, ingesting her words.
“I can’t be here. I must go back home, you don’t understand. I am not the person you’re looking for.”
“Oh, also be careful when you lie to EXO, especially Lay. He looks soft on the outside but that guy really has no patience. You’re the daughter of a super powerful rich CEO so don’t play dumb, ___.”
I looked up at Krystal, still in search of words to say.
“Let me explain EXO to you. EXO are a tight-knit brotherhood. What makes them so strong is their loyalty to one another. They are dangerous, intimidating, and won’t stop until they get what they’ve set their eyes on. I’m warning you, running away like you have been, I’m surprised at all that Lay hasn’t set some form of punishment.”

Before Krystal could continue, the door opened again.
“Speak of the devil,” Krystal chimed. Standing in the doorway was Lay in a pale white wifebeater. His hair was disheveled and you could easily tell he had just finished working out. Seeing him like that made me flush a bit. I realized I was still in the tshirt he had given me from the day prior. Embarrassed I scooped a blanket over my legs to keep my skin from showing.
“I’m gonna check on the rest of the boys,” Krystal stated as she hurried out the door, leaving me in the awkward air that filled the room.


“You should eat your food, your system’s been deprived considering what you’ve been through.”
I looked the other way. Who is he to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do.
“Well I guess of course if you don’t want your necklace back then you can go ahead and disobey me.”
I looked back at him, annoyed. He knew my weakness and he knew how to use it against me. I took a look around the room in search of the clothes I had stripped off myself yesterday, no where to be seen.
“My clothes…”

“They were taken to be washed while you slept.”
“Well, can you give me some privacy while I eat?”
Lay scoffed, “No one’s looking at you, princess, I promise. There’s nothing to see.”
I sat in the tshirt, feeling conscious of my body. Feeling determined to get my necklace back, I stood up to go eat the breakfast Krystal brought in for me. While striding toward the food, my vision became hazy. Uh oh, I feel myself starting to black out from getting up too quickly. I fall forward, but a hand catches me in time. I had bumped into the table where my breakfast laid, the water tipped and poured itself on me, soaking the tshirt against my bare skin. As I regained myself, I realize Lay is still gripping onto me, one hand on my arm and the other around my waist.
“Get off me.”
“This is why you need to eat.”
I feel the tightness of my shirt on my body and looked down to realize the water had soaked the front and sides of the tshirt, showcasing the curves of my body. Embarrassed, I yanked away from Lay’s grasp and clumsily started falling backwards. Lay reached for me yet again, this time both of us fall into the bed. Lay looked me in the eyes, his eyes unaltered.
“I think I made you feel like you could do or say what you want but let me clarify. You will do as I say and if I see that you disobey my orders, I will punish you in whatever ways I see fit. So you’re going to eat your food or so help me.”
My eyes couldn’t leave the cold ones staring back into my soul. His words sent chills down my spine and for a moment, I lost my breath. Lay took one look up and down my soaked shirt and walked away.

 

The long day finally turned to night. My only way of knowing was Krystal coming in with a plate of dinner and some new clothes for me. Lay’s cold words still ring in my memories. Despite my desire to run away, they’ve kept a good watch on me now. No windows in my room, and my door was practically locked 24/7.
“What time is it now?” I asked curiously.
“It’s about 10 PM,” Krystal responded, “Sorry I brought dinner in so late. Ran into some issues today.”
Despite my stomach’s pleas for food all I could think about was escaping. My sorrow was deeper than my need to eat and I paid no mind to the freshly made dinner. My eyes made their way to the keychain in the pocket of Krystal’s jeans. If I could just figure out a way to get it quick enough, I might have a chance. I changed into the clothes Krystal had prepared for me.
“I brought a dress for tonight. We can go on a walk together!” The dress was midi length and buttoned up from the front, short sleeves and a ribbed material that hugged my body tightly.
“Hurry and eat so we can get out of here!” Krystal continued as she plopped down on my bed, “Oof! I’m pretty tired myself!”
I looked at Krystal, “I’m sorry..”
“What are you sorry for?” Krystal asked with a confused gaze.
I quickly reached for the key in her pocket and without a second glance ran for the door. I closed it behind me and locked it in whichever way it would go. I could hear pounding on the other side.
“____, you don’t want to do this! Please let me out! Lay won’t be happy!” Her muffled sounds couldn’t stop me.

This time I can’t just run away. This time I’d have to be strategic to get out of here. First, my necklace. I tip toed around the large building in hopes of finding where it may be hidden. I suddenly walk upon a large room. There on a table my necklace laid conspicuously. I walked in and realized this room must be Lay’s. A bookshelf rested against the wall opposite of his bed. The table where my necklace laid was in a separate room branched off the room his bed was in, curtains hugged the frame of the room to create a closed-off environment.
I reached for my necklace, filled with joy and relief. Before I could sneak away, I see a shadow walking towards the room. It must be Lay. I hid behind one of the curtains in hopes that Lay doesn’t see me.

“Please, just let my daughter go. I’ll give you all the money you need!”

Lay scoffed, “You think this is all about the money don’t ya”? There was a slight pause. He’s talking to my dad. In that moment I wish I could jump out and scream for it. But I knew better, and that that wouldn’t get me anywhere.

“What do you mean? What have I ever done to you?” I can hear my dad pleading.

“1997. There was a secret case to infiltrate the Kwon Company of Korea. Two agents were killed by your order. Those two agents left behind a child. That child.. Is me.” I was in shock.

“S-so… what are you planning to do with my daughter?” I can hear dad’s desperate voice. There was another pause.

“You took away my happiness. Now I’m taking yours.”

The call disconnected and I am left shocked. A look of disgust and betrayal overcomes me. They meant to kill me all along. Is that why Krystal was so nice to me? Mixed emotions flow through my mind. I moved back and accidentally bump into a vase. It wobbles as I try to keep it still from falling but to no avail, the vase smashes against the floor into pieces. Lay shoots a look in my direction and I freeze in fear. He walks slowly towards me in an intimidating demeanor, but something looks off. As he advances closer, I start to smell the stench of liquor. He’s drunk.

 
“You really chose the wrong night to around, stubborn princess.”