Victoria

Assassin's Love

 

 

I opened the door to take a peek. There was nothing in sight. Slowly, I tiptoed my way to the bathroom. After coming to a conclusion, I decided to test my luck and try escaping using the window in the bathroom. My chances of fleeing were slim but what have I got to lose? Yes. Almost to the bathroom. Just. A few. Feet. Awa-

“Where are you going?” I turned my head to the direction of the voice. It was… Xiumin? No, no, it’s Luhan. Xiumin’s the one with the squishy cheeks.

“Oh, uh, I was just going to the bathroom, haha.” Someone should really remind me not to become an actress when I grow up because I would be such a disgrace to all actresses. He gave me a long look of intimidation as if seeing if I would break down. Luckily, I stood completely still.

“…well, hurry up.” I faked a smile before bowing down slightly and quickly entering the bathroom.

I leaned against the door frame and pressed my hand over my chest, “Whoo, that was a close call.”

I looked around the bathroom and up at the window, “Now, where should I start?”

I stepped on top of the toilet seat, barely able to reach the bottom of the window.

“Why couldn’t God bless me with height?” I took another step onto a bigger platform behind the toilet seat. My hands reached the window. Yes! Luckily there was a depression in the wall and then a window which made it easier for me as I jumped and sat, a whole process which took about 5 minutes due to my lack of being able to jump. Please have no locks, please have no locks, please have no- YES! I squealed in joy as I successfully opened the window. I took a peek out and was filled with joy as I took in the beautiful view of nature.

There was a sudden knocking on the door, “What’s taking forever in there?”

Crap. Luhan was still there the whole time?

“Uhhh, the food yesterday was…really gross so my stomach is still hurting.”

I heard a soft chuckle from behind the door. Keep laughing, we’ll see who gets the last laugh after I escape.

It got quiet again, so I hurriedly snuck out the window. I took a victorious look back. Later, ers. I was surprised that it was so easy to escape. I guess they just didn’t suspect I would escape so easily. I can tell it just rained due to the muddy dirt beneath my bare feet. But who cares, I started running in any direction that would get me as far away from the place as fast as possible. Don’t look back, keep running. You’re free. You’re finally free.

My happiness was short-lived however when in the midst of my running, Luhan stepped out from who-knows-where and scared the living soul out of me.

“What?! How did you- But I-”

“Surprised to see me?”

I was infuriated. This wasn’t a part of the plan. I attempted to run past him, but he grabbed me around the waist.

“You’re in a lot of trouble, missy.”

 

 

“To tell Lay, or not to tell Lay.” Luhan was talking to himself.

“Ugh, Luhan. Shut up.” Krystal grew annoyed at him. “____, I thought I told you.”

“I’m… I’m sorry, it’s just-” I couldn’t even come up with a good enough excuse. It was true that I didn’t really care for the people here since I hardly knew them, but I kind of felt bad for doing this especially to Krystal. She was still the nicest one to me.

“But really, how did you know I escaped?”

“Ever heard of surveillance?” Luhan said.

“Surveillance? You guys have surveillance?”

“It’s the 21st century, smart one.” Of course, how was I so dumb not to know?

“WAIT A MINUTE, DOES THAT MEAN YOU SAW EVERYTHING IN THE BATHR-”

“No, silly.” Krystal interrupted, “Surveillance from outside.”

“Ohhh.” I felt a bit stupid for thinking that.

“But anyways, Luhan. Let’s give her one more chance and not tell Lay.”

“Why should we? She broke out once, she’ll do it again.”

“She won’t.”

“Not after Lay’s done with her, she won’t.”

“After Lay’s done with whom?” A voice disrupted us.

“Victoria…” Luhan and Krystal both said at the same time.

 

 

Krystal’s eyes widened. She gave Luhan a stare as if telling him not to spit a thing out, “N-nothing, unnie. What are you doing here? Are you already back from your mission?”

Victoria knew she couldn’t get info out from Krystal who usually beats around the bush so she turned to Luhan, “Luhan, tell me.”

For a while, I thought I was out of the conversation until Victoria or whoever the girl was eyed me up and down.

“I see you guys finally captured the daughter of Kwon Jungmin.” She averted her attention back to Luhan, “So. Tell me.”

It didn’t take long for Luhan to explain my escape to Victoria as she listened attentively, not even blinking.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Go tell Lay.”

Luhan looked uncertain as he glanced keenly at Krystal. Without another word, he went on his way to find Lay.

“W-wait! You can’t!”

All three of us turned our attention to Krystal.

“If you tell Lay then he’s going to yell at me.”

“Exactly why would he yell at you?” Victoria questioned.

“B-Because I was supposed to be looking after her while she was escaping and you know Lay, he’s gonna give me hell too because I wasn’t doing my job.”

Luhan caught Krystal’s lie and helped, “Uh, yeah. Krystal was in charge of watching ____.”

Victoria pondered for a moment but abruptly came to a conclusion. She turned her attention to me.

“Looks like you’re off the hook this time. And if you guys don’t mind, I’d like a word with the girl.” She said, her eyes not leaving mine.

 

“Why are you even helping her out?”

“I don’t know, I just feel like I have to.”

“Krystal, this isn’t like you.”

“It’s like we have this invisible bond. She’s the first person I’ve come to like in a long time; I want to be friends with her.”

“Well you have Exo.”

“But you guys are guys.”

Luhan chuckled as he messed up Krystal’s hair, “You owe me one.” Luhan looked at Krystal, not sure if he wanted to say the next sentence yet he did anyway, “But do remember not to get too close to her. You do know she’s not sticking around for long.”

Krystal’s expression went from bright to solemn as she recalled their assignment.

 

“How long have you been here?”

“Uh, 3 or 4 days. I’m guessing?”

Victoria scoffed dramatically, “It hasn’t even been a week and you’ve already attempted at running away? Lay would be pissed as hell if he knew you did that. It’s practically in insult to Exo.”

I cringed a bit at her cussing, “What?”

“Listen. I’m just gonna go right out and say it: I don’t like you.”

“But, you don’t even know m-”

“The others may have treated you well, I don’t know and I don’t care, but I have a low tolerance for spoiled brats and especially stuck-up girls so I suggest you not get on my nerves while you’re still…alive.”

Spoiled? Stuck-up? Excuse you, but my mother raised me with manners! “Who are you, anyways?”

Victoria broke out into a cunning smile.

 

“I’m Lay’s sister.”

 

 

Author's Note:

Dun, dun, dun, dunnnnn~

Didn't see that coming, did ya?

No. No, you didn't.