Shopping in the snow

Orphans Under the Mistletoe

You woke up the next morning to the same warm feeling you did the day before and instinctively you huddled closer to the source. Your alarm just had to interrupt your moment in perfect warmth and comfort, you heard someone’s fist collide with your clock, *who? What? Huh* was all that you could process so soon after waking and you looked up to see a handsome boy lying beside you. *Ok Allison, keep your cool!* you thought as you tried to sound confident, “Yoseob, why are you lying in my bed?” he looked down at you and smiled, it pleased him to see you looking so comfortable in his arms and answered in an aegyo filled voice “I couldn’t sleep last night, I couldn’t figure out what the difference was between last night and the night before was and then I remembered that you were hugging me. So I came down here and fell asleep hugging you, besides, you said I could have hugs whenever I wanted. You promised!” he said cheekily. You were too far gone to feel the burn on your cheeks and so you stuttered “You got out if bed, in the middle of the night…just to h-hug m-me?” With one swift movement he lifted you up in his arms and looked down at you before saying “Why? Don’t you like my hugs?” with mock hurt plastered all over his face. Your heart melted with his face so close to yours “N-No, that’s not it” your voice quivered, “I’d just appreciate it if you kept the hugs for while I’m awake, that’s all” and you looked away.

He smirked “Really, you think so do you? Well a certain someone I know never fails to snuggle into my arms whenever I hug her, whether she’s awake or asleep” you couldn’t stand it *Why the hell does he have this effect on me??* you inwardly squirmed *Dammit!* you thought. “Put me down!” you demanded, putting your most serious face on and trying your best to stare him down (while still held in his arms) He snickered, “Not a chance princess” you blushed, unsuccessfully hiding your small gulp. Eventually you gave up on the futile attempts of escape and you let him carry you down to the kitchen, you were surprised at how gently he put you on the chair and he even started a conversation. “You hungry?” he asked, “Yeah I am, why?” you were about to go and start making your breakfast when he stopped you, “Go get changed then” “Huh, why?” you asked, rather confused. “Because we can grab breakfast while we’re shopping” he said with a smile, how could you say no to that?

You hopped of your chair to walk back upstairs when you had an idea, “Hey Yoseob, I’m still really tired and you owe me for hugging me the whole night…so can you give me a piggy back ride back up pleeeeaaase?” you used your deadly weapon; your aegyo. He was on the verge of rejecting your request when he looked up at the adorable expression on your face, eyes wide and slightly pouting. “O-Ok, um f-fine” you giggled at his cute, flustered state and skipped over to him. He bent his knees and held his arms out ready to catch you, you jumped nimbly onto his back and you held your hands together with them draped over his shoulders and lightly brushing his bare stomach (you were starting to like the fact that he slept without a shirt on) He carried you easily up the stairs and back to the room you shared, you grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom. By the time you got back, Yoseob had finished as well and he seemed to have this gift for making whatever he wore; look awesome!

You were sporting a pair of dark blue denim skinny jeans, some worn out navy converse that matched and a simple white tank top. The outfit was simple but it complimented your curves nicely and you caught Yoseob staring. Yoseob was wearing baggy jeans, a big grey hoodie and white skate shoes and despite being casual, he looked good…really good. He picked up your shopping list from your bedside table “Ok, let’s go!” he said and grabbed your hand. Within minutes you were dragged from the orphanage and being pulled down the street in the direction of the shops, when he finally slowed down you pulled your hand away causing a whimper from the older at the loss. “Allison!” he pouted, “My hand’s cold now” he mumbled looking down at you with his chocolate brown eyes, “Ugh, fine!” you sighed and took his hand in yours again (also feeling glad to have the warmth of your hand in his again) He started swinging your arms back and forth between you, you could hear people whispering things like “Aww, so cute” and “What an adorable couple” your face went as red as Rudolph’s famous nose and you tried to tug your hand from his while saying “He’s not my-” “I’m not what?” Yoseob cut you off. You were too embarrassed, you didn’t want to say it “You’re not my…boyfriend” you whispered the last word and he chuckled “Really? Well they don’t know that” He tugged you closer and put his hand around your waist, your breath hitched “You idiot let go!” you squirmed away from his reach and stalked into the café you had stopped at.

You looked around and soon you felt Yoseob pushing you over to a table for two, you both ordered hot chocolates (with marshmallows) and waffles. Yoseob finished all of his but there was one last mouthful on your plate that you were sure you couldn’t eat, you reached into your bag to find your wallet and when you looked up there was a fork with the waffle on it in front of your face. “Say ahh” you sent Yoseob a look and opened your mouth to say “Hell no-” when all of a sudden the waffle was in your mouth blocking the remainder of your sentence. You gave in and finished it, sending him an annoyed look after and he just laughed at you. Picking up your wallet you both went up to pay for your food, Yoseob turned to you after paying and then reached out to your face *what the hell is he doing??* you thought when you felt his warm fingers softly brush the side of your lips, you flinched, earning you a smirk “You had crumbs” he chuckled and you blushed furiously.

Shopping for the presents was easier than you thought and you had it all done in three hours, Yoseob knew his way around the area so finding the shops with the things on the list wasn’t hard. The presents were mainly little things that you knew the kids would appreciate, some were toys and others were more practical like clothes or things they could make. Either way they would love it, now all that was needed was the decorations and wrapping paper. You bought a variety of tinsel, baubles, ribbons, wrapping paper, a wreath and most importantly; a tree. The tree thankfully, was compacted into a box five feet tall and almost flat but not quite. On the box it said that you have to spread the fake limbs of the tree out manually and since you hadn’t had a Christmas in six years, you didn’t mind.

Laden with all your shopping you still had two hours before you had to be back at the orphanage, a shop owner kindly offered that you could leave your shopping in her store until you needed to come get it so that you didn’t have to carry it with you. You thanked her and left the shop, heading out into the freshly falling snow. Yoseob turned to you “Hey Allison?” you looked at the cute boy whose cheeks were rosy from the cold “Yeah Seobie?” He blushed heavily at his new nickname and shuffled his feel a little “Um, well we still have two hours and so I was wondering if you wanted to go out…on a date…with me” The last half of the sentence almost wasn’t audible, but you heard the words distinctly and you heart skipped a beat. Before he got the wrong idea you took his hand and pulled him out into the snow covered street, dragging him to a park close by and you said “Close your eyes” obediently he closed them but he seemed suspicious and he had every right to be…because soon after a snowball hit him in the stomach. His eyes shot open and immediately started throwing them back at you. The fight went on for ten minutes before you settled on a truce, you ended up making a snowman and Yoseob even bought a carrot for the nose.

Feeling hungry you left the park and headed off to get some food, holding hands the whole way. Over early dinner you talked about the most random things, but you couldn’t remember the last time you had so much fun and you were almost sad when you realised you had to go back to the orphanage soon. You made your way back to the store where you left the shopping and called a taxi, five minutes later you were back and you had a bit of difficulty sneaking all the shopping inside, but you managed. You carried all of it up to your room and went back downstairs to make dinner for the others, still grinning from all the fun you had that day. The twins volunteered to do the dishes for you that night so you thanked them and went up to your room, you went through the usual routine of getting changed in the bathroom and ended up wearing some cotton pants that were too long, with a t-shirt that showed a little of your stomach (you rarely wore PJ pants and tops that matched, that would require being organised) Yoseob disappeared to have a shower, leaving you to catch up on your book, let’s just say you almost regretted looking up when he walked in. He was wearing grey sweat pants and no shirt (of course) He yawned and rubbed his eyes cutely while drying his blonde hair with a towel. *God he looks hot!...Wait, what am I thinking!?!* you blushed and quickly turned back you your book, when he was satisfied that his hair was dry he abandoned the towel on his suitcase and crashed on your bed next to you. “Yoseob do you reckon you’re actually gonna start sleeping in your bed soon?” you asked, feigning being calm. He lifted his face off your pillow for a moment just to say “Nope” you sighed, you were sitting up and were about to stand up, “Fine, we’ll swap” you say and you start swinging your legs over the edge.

In an instant he was sat up as well and wrapped his familiar arms around your waist, pulling you back down wrapped tightly in a hug you doubted you could escape. “What the hell Yoseob, why can’t you sleep up there?” “I can” he answered, “But only when you’re there” you laughed and looked at his gorgeous face, but your laugh ceased when you saw he was serious. “Allison, you’re my first friend…ever. So please just stay like this, please?” You slowly nodded and found yourself hugging him back. He smiled “You’re like my teddy, you’re always there when I need a hug” you giggled, *Cute…* you thought as you both drifted off to sleep.