Uncertainty with Love

The Coffee Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyeon arrived at school with her eyes puffy and reddish. Drawing conclusions from her outer appearance, she cried herself to sleep last night. It was almost 2am when she actually fell into a deep slumber, still having those agonies ranting over her thoughts.

Kai searched the room as he entered. He was of the same class as Jiyeon, and was worried sick of the girl because she wouldn’t answer his calls nor reply to his messages. “Geez. Where is she?” he scratched his head, ruffling his hair. A sudden noise from the door came as someone made his way in.  It was Jiyeon making the grand entrance with her zombie-like appearance. Kai automatically turned to the door, as if it sought attention.

He saw the depression in her and this put him to worry. “Jiyeon!” He ran to catch her as she almost fainted. His response was fast that he was able to catch her in his warm comforting arms and chest. Jiyeon shook her head to wake her up. She stood still and apologised to Kai for troubling him. “It’s okay”, he replied.

Gentleman he is, he escorted Jiyeon to her seat. “Be careful.” He held her arms and helped her sit. By the front seat available from Jiyeon’s, he sat and turned to his back to see her. “You look sick. Anything that bothering you?”

She closed her eyes and shook to deny it. Kai knew there was something up. From her gloomy appearance, it can be predicted. He also knew many things about her, she could not just simply lie to him and make him believe it is true. But to not make matters worse, he thought of not pointing out that she just gave him a fib. He wanted to assure her that he can be trusted and that he was willing to listen. “You can tell me what it is. I am your friend after all.” He grabbed her hands and looked at her eyes. This gave her a strong feeling of comfort and genuine protection.

The class bell rung. Before turning his attention to the teacher, he substantiated her that she has a guardian. That guardian, who was keen of protecting her; that guardian who will unconditionally take care of her; that guardian was no other than him.“I will accompany you home later.” He smiled at her, then turned his attention to the board actively listening to the teacher’s discussion.

She smiled as Kai’s back faced her. The memories of Myungsoo came back again, making her lose her smile. As the teacher continued discussing about the History of Korea, she continued drifting and drifting away from the realms of the world. Her mind was full of uncertainty. Who does she really like? To whom was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter