The Dark Rain

The Coffee Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The rain poured. Loud as it was as it hit the cold bulky ground. Jiyeon was in her usual spot by the window-side of the café. She sat by the customer’s seat, watching the water splashed to the ground. Using her index finger, she traced the raindrop on the glass window.

The place was empty. It seemed like a ghost town. Tiffany pouted at Jiyeon’s unusual gloomy behavior. She made a ‘tch’ sound and bit her lower lip. “Something’s bothering her.” In her consciousness, she could not take seeing her friend like this anymore. To lessen her worries, she approached the disconsolate girl.

Her eye shifted by the seat beside Jiyeon and there, she sat. Jiyeon didn’t even notice Tiffany’s proximity to her. The rain and her thoughts both kept her busy locked up in her own world. Slowly, Tiffany motioned her hand near Jiyeon’s back, almost touching it. She seized and thought of practical words she should say before attempting to comfort her.

After gathering enough thoughts and the right advices, or perhaps helpful words, Tiffany patted her co-worker’s back. “Jiyeon.”, in a low voice almost a whisper, she called.

“Mm?” Jiyeon raised both her brows waiting for Tiffany to continue.

“What seems to be the problem?”

She heaved a sigh before turning to her friend. “Nothing. Nothing really.”, with a smile, she said.

In a few moments, the bell rang – signifying a customer has entered! The two girls turned their attention to the door. As they saw the figure, Tiffany stood and welcomed him with her trademark eye smile. “Welcome Sir!” Jiyeon, on the other hand, was in a strong state of shock. Seeing Jiyeon still sitting around, Tiffany elbowed her and mouthed ‘stand up’. It was one of the rules in their job. They should welcome the customers with a big warm smile.

The guy approache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter