The Kidnap

Deadboy

 

It was dark, and Yukwon wasn’t entirely sure he was awake. His body felt numb, almost unimaginably cold, and he wasn’t sure whether his eyes were open or not.
 
Sounds floated into his consciousness from somewhere around him, but his brain was too fuzzy, his head to heavy, and thinking seemed an impossible task to do, so he just didn’t. Yukwon didn’t know if he was dreaming and hearing the small noises in his head, or whether they were actually emitting from wherever he was.
 
That was a good point. Where was he?
 
That thought brought everything into clear focus when he realised he couldn’t remember, and he gasped in pain as he suddenly became aware of his limbs.
 
This was too much. Something was obstructing his legs and wrists, and his arms were twisted painfully behind his back, jarring his shoulder blades. His neck felt weak, unable to support the head that suddenly seemed too heavy, and he couldn’t pinpoint the exact location where his skull felt like it was cracked, but it definitely was.
 
His whole body ached, his skin stinging in places too numerous to count. Every limb felt like it had been torn from the joint before being pushed roughly back into place, and that wasn’t even the worst part. There was a horrifying feeling of liquid trickling down his chest, and from the cluster of pain around his collar bones and upper chest, it wasn’t exactly difficult to tell just what it was.
 
Yukwon forced his swollen eyelids open despite the searing pain, and blinked back the tears that had formed from the agony his body was in. Suddenly, he realised he was face-to-face with a video camera.
 
That’s when he remembered what had happened.
 
 
He was flicking through the notepad of plans him and Minhyuk had formulated, crossed out and half-finished, when a subtle noise caught his ear.
He immediately held his breath, senses honing in on that one small sound. Suddenly, it happened again, and this time Yukwon was pretty sure it was  footsteps.
 
Minhyuk wouldn’t be home yet- he’d barely left- so Yukwon’s brain immediately jumped to the next scenario.
 
An intruder.
 
The footsteps grew in volume, and no matter how much Yukwon wished that they’d just stop and he’d put the occurrence down to a trick of his paranoid imagination, they just kept on coming.
 
Now, he wasn’t stupid, he knew what to do in this situation, but his views conflicted. Two different solutions presented themselves, but they were drastically contradicting.
 
Number one- protect his own life.
 
Number two- protect Minhyuk’s.
 
He made a spur of the moment decision, desperately hoped it was the right one, and slowly lifted his gun from the side table.
 
When the black-masked man appeared in the doorway, the safety catch was clicked off and the gun pointed directly at his leather-clothed chest. Upon seeing the hitman, the intruder took a step forward, hand reaching to the holster on his belt.
 
"Well what do we have here?" The man's voice was scratchy and piercing, and Yukwon did everything he could to refrain from flinching at his tone. Remaining silent, the killer stood his ground as the intruder took out his own gun, aiming it at Yukwon like this was some sort of face-off.
 
One more step forward. The muffled thump of heavy boots on carpet. Yukwon's heart was in his throat.
 
"I had it from a reliable source that one B-Bomb lived in this flat." The man stated, half-threatening, half-curious. Briefly, Yukwon scanned the room.
 
No signs of possession; he could proceed with his plan.
 
"B-Bomb? What a ridiculous name. No one called that has EVER lived here." The hitman's voice was regulated and steady, oozing indifference and confidence like he'd been trained to do. The intruder cocked his head, expression hidden behind the plain black mask covering all but his eyes.
 
"Is that so?" The intruder looked around the room accusingly, but seemed to falter when nothing alerted him to Minhyuk's presence. Then, he turned his accusatory glare towards Yukwon.
 
"Who are YOU? And who do you work for?"
 
Because, understandably, not everyone fearlessly aims a gun at an unexpected intruder. Yukwon decided to grace him with an answer.
 
"Yukwon, and I work for no one. I'm not into this gang any more." This was where the lie began. His answers had to hint at wealth- this flat, in his tale, was his.
 
The masked man then followed the next obvious point of action, which was to gesture towards Yukwon's gun in a silent question.
 
"What, this?" Yukwon twitched the cold metal in his palm, and the intruder nodded. "Got it when I worked the drug trade a few years back. I told ya though, I'm not into the gang any more."
 
The tension in the air was almost tangible as the man took time to ponder this answer. Finally, he took another slow pace forward and raised his other hand to the gun, steadying it.
 
"Unlucky for you, then. Gang is what you're gonna get."
 
Yukwon tensed, braced himself. He was ready for this. He knew that even if he feigned no connection, they would kill him anyway because he still knew too much about their precious gang. Slowly, he lowered his own gun.
 
Saving Minhyuk's life was drastically different to saving his own, but at least in this one their story had a proper ending. At least in this one, Minhyuk had a chance of being free, even if that meant losing Yukwon in the process.
 
He tensed his shoulders and waited for the shot.
 
One
 
 He closed his eyes briefly as the safety catch was flicked off.
 
Two.
 
In his minds eye, he envisioned the half-forgotten faces of his parents, the worried expression of his best friend at their last encounter, and every single moment he'd spent with Minhyuk.
 
Three.
 
He saw tanned, smooth skin behind his eyelids, smouldering eyes and hair so soft and dark. Yukwon was a hitman- he knew dying wasn't pretty, but maybe envisioning something glorious as you died would ease the pain a bit.
 
Go.
 
He heard the click of the trigger as it was pulled back, and blindly took what he hoped was a defiant step forwards.
 
Oh well, he wouldn't really be leaving anything behind, anyway.
 
The shot was fired.
 
There was a crash over the explosion of the gunpowder, and Yukwon heard the mirror next to him break at a deafeningly loud volume. His eyes shot open to find the man pocketing the gun, having fired just to Yukwon's right, and another daunting intruder rushed into the room.
 
Nothing made sense, and Yukwon's only thought at this moment was to escape.
 
He darted forwards, but his hand-to-hand combat skills were hardly up to Black Dragon standard. One powerful right-hook to his jaw threw him off balance, pain shooting through the nerves of his face as he desperately tried to punch the assailant in return. His fists landed uselessly on thick leather as the first intruder jumped back in defence, before using his large hands to shove Yukwon backwards.
 
The back of his knees hit the bed and he staggered back, falling gracelessly onto the mattress. Instantly, the two men were onto him.
 
Yukwon kicked and scratched like a feral cat as one of them tried to grab his hands. He arched his back, trying with all his might to get up from the defenceless lying position he was in, but the second intruder pinned him there.
 
A hand covered his mouth, which was a big mistake on their part, as Yukwon carelessly bit into it as hard as he could.
 
"!" The man screamed, eyes wide, and Yukwon watched as he frowned at the puncture wounds and wiped the blood off casually on the mattress
 
However, the hitman had completely forgotten to pay attention to the other gang member, and a hard blow to the head with the of a handgun nearly rendered him unconscious.
 
His eyes hazed over as pain bloomed in his skull, threatening to overwhelm his senses, and he kicked weakly one more time before the blow landed again and he was engulfed in a slow, fuzzy, painful darkness.
 
 
Wincing at the memory, Yukwon decided to put any further thinking to the side for the moment, until he'd properly assessed the extent of the physical damage.
 
Movement was severely restricted, but a quick flex of his fingers and toes assured him that nothing was broken in those areas. A slight shift of his shoulder blades sent shooting pains sparking down his spine, focusing on places he could't even remember being hit.
 
They must have been hard at work while he was out for the count.
 
One small glance down confirmed that a large gash adorned his right collarbone, newly-drawn blood still weeping from the cut. More small grazes were littered over his abdomen, and Yukwon couldn't even think of how they might have been caused.
 
That's when he noticed that the small noises in the room had stopped, and he quickly returned his eyes to the video camera staring him in the face just as a voice boomed through the room.
 
"You're a ing liar."
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
I'M SO SORRY GUYS. It's been FAR too long since I last updated T_T I don't even have an excuse- I'm just stupid and lazy :(
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, though. It's kind of a 'one-of-two', so expect the next chapter to be a DIRECT continuation from this one- no massive time gap in between :D
 
I've been lagging in replying to people too >.< I seriously am really sorry, guys.
 
Anyway, PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING AND SUBBING AND I PROMISE I WILL REPLY AT SOME POINT!
 
(BTW, who else loved the awesome week of NU'EST and B.A.P comebacks, and Teen Top's MV release? It was insane :'D)
 
Love you all forever <3