The Escape

Deadboy

 

 

This was where both boys’ instincts kicked in.
 
Armed with only Yukwon’s gun and the knife Minhyuk had confiscated from the killer, the two kept to the small side streets and alleyways as they made their passage through the city.
 
The organisation had eyes everywhere. Zico was in charge of an entire division of footsoldiers and spies, stationed at various high-risk points in the city. Yukwon was constantly on the lookout for vaguely familiar faces that he may have seen in passing at organisation meetings, but was finding it more difficult than he should have. He’d never bothered taking the time to look before, never cared who the other members of the organisation were. Yukwon was more of a ‘search and destroy’ kind of guy, who asked no questions and expected no answers.
 
This was proving to be a serious disadvantage.
 
“How quickly does your ‘Zico’ usually take action?” Minhyuk whispered to him when they stopped to catch their breath. The killer shrugged.
 
“He doesn’t kill straight away, but he tends to watch his victims first. He finds out things about them that could be used to make their death that much more horrible. Zico could be anywhere by now.” Yukwon grimaced, pushing himself off the alleyway wall and pulling his phone out of his pocket. He studied the device, before shutting it off.
 
“Why do people use these?” He sighed, “They’re basically tracking devices.”
 
The phone made a satisfying crash as it collided with the wall opposite.
 
Yukwon turned to Minhyuk to see him studying his own phone, but with a more thoughtful gaze. The killer tilted his head in question as Minhyuk looked up at him.
 
“Maybe they can be useful.” He shrugged. Yukwon watched him warily.
 
“How?”
 
Minhyuk pressed a few buttons on his phone, before making his way to the entrance of the alley. “Watch and learn.”
 
The killer observed as the black-haired man walked casually into the street. He stood there, glancing at his phone as if indecisive for a moment, before a woman carrying a shopping bag obstructed Yukwon’s view of Minhyuk for a second. When she had passed, Minhyuk calmly strolled back into the alley, hands empty.
 
He really was clever. Yukwon berated himself for not thinking of doing that sooner. Connect the device to the internet, then plant it on some unsuspecting person. Anyone with a tracker on the phone would be lead in completely the wrong direction, until the civilian discovered that they were now in possession of a random device and turned it off.
 
It was only temporary, but it would do for now.
 
“Smart.” He smiled as Minhyuk reached him, and the gorgeous man smirked.
 
“Thank you.”
 
Then, they were on the move again, keeping mostly silent. Minhyuk lead their little expedition, though he never told Yukwon just where they were headed to. The two just kept walking, and walking, and sometimes running when passing particularly dangerous spots, and walking more. The wind was biting and cold as it whipped through the streets, causing Yukwon’s eyes to water and obscuring his view. They kept to the furthest side of the pavements, almost pressed up against the shops.
 
Every now and again, they ducked into doorways to reassess their situation. They knew they were being over cautious, yes, but Minhyuk's life was on the line. It was always better to be safe, than dead.
 
Suddenly, they arrived outside a large, shiny building at the other side of town. At least, Yukwon thought they’d arrived, as Minhyuk’s pace slowed as he reached the entrance. Surprisingly, though, the black-haired man continued walking all the way to the far side of the building. He paused as he reached a wrought-iron gate, and turned back to grin at Yukwon. The killer glanced behind them, scanning the street for unwanted followers, before Minhyuk pulled him forward by the hand and darted through the gate.
 
They kept as quiet as they could, clambering up the metal stairs of the fire escape. Minhyuk’s grip was strong, his hand warm and comforting in Yukwon’s, and when they reached the desired floor neither had the intention of letting go.
 
“In here.” Minhyuk hissed as he swiftly unlocked a set of sliding doors, leading Yukwon through them.
 
The killer stopped as he entered the room, staring about himself in awe. They were in an apartment, but one that contrasted directly with Yukwon’s own. While his was old and dirty, cluttered with junk that he couldn’t be bothered to remove, this apartment was large and spacious, with thick carpets and modern furniture. Every surface was sparkling clean, not a speck of dust or grime about the place. Yukwon turned to Minhyuk to find the taller man watching him with what could almost be called affection.
 
"You like it?" Minhyuk smirked. Yukwon returned back to gazing in rapture.
 
"It's huge." He stated the obvious, but that thought was still processing through his brain. It really was ginormous, all wide open spaces and half-walls. Minhyuk let out a light laugh.
 
"I feel it's a bit too big for one man, sometimes." Minhyuk sighed dramatically, before dropping himself down onto the leather sofa. Yukwon balked at him.
 
"This is your apartment?"
 
"I thought that was a given." Minhyuk grinned, glancing back at the killer with an eyebrow raised.
 
Yukwon was in shock. He's known Minhyuk was rich, but somehow he didn't quite expect the other man's living space to be quite this luxurious. Snapping out of his daze, he shrugged and wandered over to sit next to Minhyuk.
 
When he realised something.
 
"We're technically on the run, and you've lead us back to your apartment." He stated, realising the absurdity. That goddamn cocky smirk drifted onto Minhyuk's face again, and Yukwon realised that he'd almost missed it. The black-haired man chuckled as if his reasoning was obvious.
 
"What you don't realise is that no one- not even my own father- realises I live here. I have to have some life away from that suffocating establishment he calls a 'gang'."
 
In the pit of his stomach, Yukwon felt a strange sense of pride in the face that he was the first person Minhyuk had allowed inside this flat.
 
"And you're confident no one will find you here?" Yukwon checked, and relaxed when the other boy nodded firmly.
 
The killer slumped into the couch next to Minhyuk, flinging an arm over his eyes.
 
"When did this become my life?" He groaned. A few days ago, he was firmly in the knowledge that this man was going to die, and he'd just receive the money and go on with his life. Now, he was attempting to prevent said man, whom he realised he liked too much to kill, from the wrath of the Underboss.
 
Soft fingertips brushed over his arm, pulling it gently away from his eyes. He came literally face-to-face with a grinning Minhyuk.
 
“You can’t complain, though. It’s exciting.”
 
Minhyuk’s hands slid to his shoulders, and the killer smiled faintly. The black-haired man carefully kneeled either side of Yukwon’s thighs, and the killer allowed his hands to secure themselves on Minhyuk’s hips.
 
“How are you so calm? Your life is on the line here” Yukwon asked, tilting his head upwards to look the other man in the eye. Minhyuk slid one hand down to Yukwon’s chest.
 
“My life has been on the line for months.”
 
“But it’s not me, this time. It’s someone even more dangerous.” The killer smoothed the material of Minhyuk’s shirt between his fingers as the other man leant forward into his personal space.
 
Warm breath hitting Yukwon’s cheeks, Minhyuk replied with a smile, “I’m not scared.”
 
Yukwon chuckled, “That’s because you’re an idiot who doesn’t see death as a bad thing.”
 
“It is a bad thing,” Minhyuk protested, tilting his head to the side, “I just have confidence in my ability to stay alive.”
 
“Cocky bastard.” The killer smiled, a tenderness beneath the words, and the black-haired boy smirked before pressing his lips to Yukwon’s.
 
Yukwon kissed back hesitantly, basking in the feeling of soft, sweet lips on his and a body so comfortably pressed against him.
 
Suddenly, Minhyuk froze his actions. Worry flashed through the killer’s brain as Minhyuk pulled away, eyes wide. Wordlessly, the black-haired man got up and padded over to the glass-fronted doors the two had entered through minutes before. Yukwon spotted a frown grace his features as he looked out over the street.
 
Curious, Yukwon came up behind him, interested at what had caused such a sudden mood change in Minhyuk.
 
What he saw was around 10 men, dressed in all black, storming down the street below. They looked angry, the hard lines and frowns could be seen even from the distance the two were at. Not really understanding, the killer turned to Minhyuk with a raised eyebrow. The black-haired man was still wide eyed, and he swallowed visibly. Yukwon started to panic- never before had he seen Minhyuk this unsettled.
 
“They’ve found out about you. Black Dragon.” Minhyuk’s voice was hoarse as he finally spoke, as if all the moisture had left his mouth. Yukwon’s jaw dropped open. Minhyuk grabbed the killers hand urgently, continuing.
 
 “They’re coming to kill you.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Sorry it took so long! I had serious writers block on this chapter- that's why there's not much action or anything in it ><
I know what the next big thing in the storyline will be, it's just building up to that that's the hard part :'D I hope you enjoyed this, anyway :D
 
Again, I'll reply to EVERYONE who subs/comments. I had a lot of fun doing that for the last chapter :D

Also, apologies if this seems unedited. I'm just really trying to get it updated before I go crazy :P If you spot any typos/spelling mistakes/grammar issues, don't hesitate to tell me :D

So yeah, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

(I just had a bit of trouble with my internet, so sorry if this chapter posts twice or something.)