Bed Check

722

Faint knocking on the door: Once, Twice, Thrice. Jessica was too engrossed in the book that she hadn’t noticed. She directed a glance to her roommate who signalled that she wasn’t dressed to go out.

The urgency deferred her from complaining, so she quickly stood up-book and stuffed animal in hand-and headed to the door. To her surprise, it was that girl.

Damn. She looked so cute in her oversized shirt and rimmed spectacles. It was a miracle Jessica hadn’t stuttered.

“Um, Can you tell me who’s not currently in the room?”

“Choi.”

“Um, who? Sooyoung.”

“Right.” The girl gave her a questioning gaze.

“And Tiffany.”

“Hwang?”

“Yes.”

“So, there’s three of you?”

“Four.”

“Uhmm. So Jung’s in too?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Okay” Jessica quickly, but carefully shut the door. She didn’t even get to see her leave.

Seeing her up close was too overwhelming for her. Jessica bit her lips to supress her urge to spazz.

She returned to her seat quietly. Irksome. She could no longer go back to reading her book. The growing fondness for that nameless girl in her head was bothering her.

She read the words, paused, continued to read, paused, read, paused, then she just shut the book. The girl was constantly making appearances in her head. Distracting. Thinking of a remedy to the situation only made her more confused than she already was. She couldn’t come up with a solution.

Curse that girl for appearing at her doorstep. What if she’s the one who’ll constantly check the rooms? Jessica told herself she wasn’t gonna answer the door again. But she badly wanted to.

Frustrating as it was. Another dilemma came to her. She didn’t know her name. Crap. This bed check’s more trouble than it should be.

She hadn’t really liked the girl. Just a tad bit of admiration. She was stunningly pretty, in a simple manner. She had milky white skin, long black hair, bright round eyes and that nice vibe that she couldn’t quite deny yet.

Jessica tried reading again. Her attempts were fruitless. Stupid bed check.

----

A/N: It'll take me while to finish Save Me guys. I'm sorry