Save Me (1st part)

722

The bell rang. This marks the first day of our junior year. I just wish to finish school unscathed. I sit at the farthest corner seat from the professor’s table. I don’t want to be the sacrificial offering during recitation. I bet our professor has bad eyes.

As the class settles into the room, a young guy arrives. He places his books on the professor’s table and faces us. “Hi. I’m Professor Park and I’ll be handling Introduction to Anthropology this term.” He gave us a bright smile. Oops, I guess he won’t be having bad eyes then.

As he calls the roll, I doze into a comfortable sleep. That is until I feel a sharp poking on my back. I abruptly sit up to see the class looking at me expectantly. Then the professor asks, “Excuse me, are you Jessica Jung?”

I reply with a curt “yes” and glare at my classmate. It turns out to be Tiffany.  Typical Tiffany, always the teacher’s pet. I am about to return to my nap when I feel something amiss. Wait a minute, why is our professor making googly eyes at me. Uh-oh, crap, damn,… even if I use all the swear words in the English Dictionary, it wouldn’t suffice in expressing my shock and annoyance. Googly eyes is never a good indication. If it was the start, what is to come is gonna be worse.

As the class ended, I ran towards the exit. “Jessica, ah Ms. Jung..” Our professor called out. But I wasn’t going to let that stop me. Amidst the jostling crowd, I reached out for the arm nearest mine and snuggled into it. As I got out the room, I then hastily swung our arms together and entered the nearest free classroom.

I closed the door to be faced with Im Yoona’s befuddled expression. “Okay, please explain what you just did?” She pointed her finger out the door and gesticulated uselessly.

This is the problem with creatures of the lower kind. They always fail to understand. They never seem to catch on. Hello, it was plain and simple: Mr. Park was in love with me. I wasn’t going to tell her that. She was going to be more confused than she already was.

“Here’s the thing. I just caught Mr. Nice Guy Park making googly eyes at me and I just needed to show him that I was taken. I grabbed the arm nearest mine which happened to be yours. I apologize for invading your personal space or offending you in any manner.”

Yoona seemed to have gotten the gist of it. “So?” she asked.

“So what?”

“So is this a long time thing or am I free to go?” Wow, she caught on quite quickly, I’m impressed.

“I guess until he gives up bothering me.”

“What’s the deal then?”

“We act like a couple in his class-i.e. you sit beside me, hold my hand and those kinds of things.” She nodded in comprehension.

“And what do I get in return?” She smirked. Ooh, she looks kind of y with that smirk-no, Jessica focus. This was a logical methodical mission to get Mr. Park to back off.

“Well, what do you want?” She suddenly moved closer, almost cornering me-yikes!

“I guess a meal every time we have to do this will suffice.” That won’t cost me much.

“Okay, deal.” We shook hands on it.

“Okay, I’m leaving first.”

“This isn’t your first time is it?”

“First time?”

“Getting asked to pretend to be someone’s girlfriend.”

“Considering how I look, you’d think it wasn’t the first time. But it is.”

I look at her in amusement. “I’m leaving.” She declares.

“Wait, he might still be there. We can’t leave separately.”

I then held her hand and pulled her out. I expected her to resist but she was rather compliant.

We reached the gate and were about to part ways. However, I caught sight of professor what’s-his-name and instead pulled Yoona into my car.

“What are you doing? Jessica, I know this is all an act but I do need to do my homework and get home.”

“Shh” I placed a finger on my lips.

She looked at me in annoyance.

“Can I just drive you home?”

“Why are you so paranoid? Prof. Park is good looking and I believe he’s got abs.”

I looked at her flabbergasted. “I’m not that fond of guys.”

“Oh. Okay, let’s go home.” We then moved to the front seats and sped toward her house. It was a few blocks away from school so after 5 minutes I dropped her off.

She waved goodbye and I drove home. Before I got off the car, I sent her a text message Remember the deal. I’ll send you a text when I need you. See you on Monday. Weirdly enough, I felt like we were having an illegal transaction. I sent the message anyway. She replied with an Okay.

----

A/N: I know this is two days overdue. I was supposed to post it yesterday but the power died.

Curse me for missing Yoonsic day. :(( huhu

I'm supposed to post an update for Electric Shock, but I'm still working on it. Comments? I'll try to finish the continuation of this soon.

Thanks guys