And Then There Were Three

Hoping For Holiday Happiness

[Epilogue]

And Then There Were Three

 

 

 

“What?!” Three girls practically shouted in unison, all staring at the couples with eyes that looked like they were ready to pop out of their eye sockets. Each of them were leaned across the table wondering if they had heard their six friends correctly. There was no way they were expecting that much news from their friends in such a short amount of time! It had only been a few weeks since they've last seen each other! The minute the couples' faces turned a shade of pink, every assumption was immediately confirmed. Their friends were indeed going out with each other.

 

All of this was still trying to sink into everyone's heads. Sunny relaxed and leaned back in her chair, her eyes glancing from one couple to another and then back again. Hyoyeon's jaw had dropped ever since the news was said and she still hadn't picked it up off the table. Then there was Sooyoung. Her back was resting against her seat with both arms folded across her chest. Her eyes were shifting around like crazy, trying to imagine how all of this had happened. She was unusually quiet for such a talkative person. The others could only wonder what crazy thoughts were banging around in her head. One thing was common about each of them though. They were too dumbfounded to say anything.

 

Silence.

 

The little one sat up straight, taking a deep breath to ease her mind. “So let me get this straight. Well, not straight. Er...you know what I mean.” Sunny shook her head to try and rid the conversation of her set back. Once she had settled down, her eyes focused on the first couple. Her first two fingers pointed at the Taeny couple. One finger paired with one body. “You two are together?” Both girls glanced at each other with flushed cheeks and then looked to Sunny and nodded. They were too shy to say anything as well. The shortest girl's fingers then swiveled to the Yulsic couple. “You two?” Yuri's cheeks filled with a deep pink as she nodded shyly. Jessica on the other hand just looked down in embarrassment.

 

When no answer came out, everyone's eyes had landed on the girl that neither confirmed nor denied the news. “Err. Is that a yes?” Sooyoung questioned. Her head tilted to one side to try and get a good look of the Ice Princess's face. It was hard for the giant to determine an answer though because Jessica was emotionless and cold. Even a marble statue would have had more of an expression than her.

 

All eyes were on the blushing Sica as they waited for an official answer. She didn't move, she didn't say a word, and it looked like she wasn't even breathing! There was a short moment of silence when suddenly, “SEOBANG!” Everyone jumped at Jessica's sudden outburst, even her own lover. “Make them stop staring!” She then completely flushed red as she quickly turned to bury her face in the crook of Yuri's neck. The tan girl giggled at her cute love and wrapped her arms around the embarrassed Sica.

 

Well, that's a yes.”

Yup.”

Definite yes.”

 

Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Sunny all stated one right after the other...in that order. Their assumptions of the Yulsic couple was undoubtedly true. They were a couple as well, especially after figuring out what Jessica had just called her girlfriend. There's no way they weren't a couple.

 

Hearing the obvious confirmation from the three single ladies made the Ice Princess even more embarrassed. “Yah! Shut up!” Jessica peaked from Yuri's embrace to give her friends a merong. The embarrassingly defensive nature of the latter only made Yuri giggle at her girlfriend. To both comfort and tame her riled up lover, the Black Pearl Jessica's head gently, guiding her back onto her shoulder.

 

Sunny leaned back and then looked at the Yoonhyun couple. The interruption of an angered Sica made her lose her train of thought. She had to do a simple run through of the couples in her head again. “Then that leaves the maknaes.” Sunny finally spoke out loud. All eyes rested on the youngest ones of the group. With everyone's attention on them, both Yoona and Seohyun couldn't help their cheeks from turning a gentle shade of pink. “Are you two really together?”

 

The maknaes glanced at each other lovingly then looked back to Sunny with smiles on their faces. “Neh.” Yoona answered for the both of them. Her arm s around the younger girl's body as she gently pulled her closer. “She's my Seobaby.” The nickname that only the two of them knew, until now, made their flustered cheeks turn darker.

 

Seeing how loving the maknaes were was undeniably cute. It even gave the other girls butterflies as they all recited a feeling filled, “Aww!” while the newest lovebirds pecked each other on the lips. A sudden gentle, but noticeable, scoff made everyone's attention jolt to a certain giant who was leaned back in her seat with folded arms. Her bottom lip was jutted out while her eyebrows were crashed together. With an expression like that, it was hard for anybody to read.

 

Still, the seemingly unaccepted scoff struck an unsettling nerve with the couples. As much as they didn't want to believe it, there wasn't exactly an explanation coming out. “Soo?” Taeyeon called out rather worriedly. The latter simply turned her head to look at the group's eldest member. “Are you not okay with...us?”

 

The tall girl's eyebrows pulled together even tighter in confusion. What could she have meant by that? An eyebrow rose as her head tilted to one side. “Us?” A finger wagged between herself and Taeyeon. As far as she knew there was no problem between the two of them. Then again, with a sudden bombshell of her friends dating, Sooyoung wouldn't be surprised if there were more things coming her way.

 

Spotting the hand gesture only made the kid leader of the group shake her head. Us. Taeyeon then waved a hand to herself and Tiffany, the Yulsic couple, then finally the Yoonhyun couple. Sure she could have flat out asked the question of whether or not the other girl was homophobic, but the little one decided not to jump to conclusions just yet.

 

Sooyoung's eyebrows raised slightly as formed into the shape of an O. Now everything made sense. However, after taking a moment to look at the situation, the giant realized how bad it would be if she didn't explain herself ASAP. The last thing she wanted was for the group to label her as the 'homophobic' friend! Especially when more than half of them are in same- relationships! “I'm completely fine with all of...this.” Her hands waved to the 3 couples as if she were casting a magic spell on them. Sooyoung wasn't exactly sure on how to phrase her words. Not to mention that she didn't want neighboring tables to eavesdrop on their conversation. Having a random group of people in and shoot down the happy couples' relationship was something she was sure none of them would want to happen.

 

Hearing what Sooyoung had to say only made the Black Pearl scrunch her eyebrows in confusion. Yeah she said that she was okay with their dating, but that didn't explain anything about that somewhat disapproving noise that seemed to have slipped. “If you're okay with everything, why'd you do that?” Yuri questioned with a slight tilt of her head.

 

The tallest of the group pursed her lips in thought. “Uhm...” She had to think for a moment on why this whole topic started. Too many things were already bouncing around in her head in the first place. It wasn't easy to pinpoint what was the main subject was after the couples' confession.

 

Silence filled the table as everyone waited for Sooyoung to eventually explain herself. However, one pink cheeked girl found it best to get her revenge for being so embarrassed in public. Pushing away from her Seobang, the Ice Princess looked over to Sooyoung and let out a scoff, her imitation being very similar to the original. It only made the rest of the group smirk and the quiet giant build a cold sweat across her forehead.

 

In the end Sooyoung knew that she had to at least say something about her actions. Otherwise everyone would label her as 'homophobic' which was something she really wasn't. Sooyoung just hoped that it wasn't too late to give them an explanation. “Well, I-”

 

“Seems like you're against them.” Hyoyeon interrupted. Apparently it was already too late for reasoning. Noticing the shocked expression of the girl she interrupted only made the Dancing Queen smirk. Her eyebrows rose in a challenging manner. Mentally Hyoyeon figured that now would be a good time to tease the younger girl.

 

When the accusation was finally said and done, Sooyoung looked at the choding in disbelief. The only thought in her head now was whether or not the others were thinking the same thing! “It's not that!” Her head shook negatively to try and get rid of the homophobic label ready to stamp on her head. She had to set things straight now! “It's just that-”

 

“Just that?” Hyoyeon chimed in again with a gentle chuckle. Seeing the frustrated face of the latter only made the long haired blonde want to tease Sooyoung even more. She was having way too much fun now to let it end.

 

However, all the interrupting had to stop as a loud, “Let me finish!” ripped from the younger girl's throat. She wanted her time to finally clear things up! Just as she was about to say her truthful reason, the giant spotted Hyoyeon getting ready to interrupt her again. That only made Sooyoung reach over, ready to choke the Dancing Queen just to keep her quiet for once.

 

Sunny, in the middle of the two as always, shrank in her seat as the duo were flailing their arms around. All the little one wanted was to not get injured in the cross-fire since a majority of the time this happened she would end up getting smacked. Sunny jutted out her bottom lip and stared at the others with the look of helplessness. Why do I always have to be stuck in the middle? “Help.” She mouthed out to her friends the minute she made eye contact with a few of them.

 

Being the 'manager' of the 9 friends, and seeing Sunny's quiet plea for assistance, Tiffany cleared loudly in an attempt to maintain order. The violent pair instantly froze the minute they heard the red flag warning and turned to look at Manager Hwang with apologetic smiles. Fany's attention was set clearly on the tallest girl at the table. “You were saying?”

 

Eventually the girls settled down as they realized they had gotten the attention of other people in the eatery. “Right.” Sooyoung stated in a calmer voice. “As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted.” The tall one gave Hyoyeon a quick merong before giving the rest of the group her attention again. “I'm happy for you, all of you. It's just that...” She sighed and paused for a moment. The others rolled their eyes, instantly concluding that she only paused for some dramatic effect. It wouldn't be the first time after all. “The maknaes are gonna get married before I do! I wanna be in love too you know!” Sooyoung finally cried out the truth. Again the shikshin sighed, placing her head on the edge of the table, just barely missing the tray of empty, yet dirty, plates.

 

Hearing what the giant finally had to say made everyone huff out a chuckle. So the scoff was really for a more innocent reason. The little love sick giant wanted to find a lover. Then again, Sooyoung did confess that a couple of times a while back.

 

“You know,” Yuri stated, making the love seeking girl raise her head. “there's two other people left. Take your pick!” The older girl said with a chuckle. She used one of her hands to point at Sunny and Hyoyeon jokingly. Her other arm was still wrapped around Jessica, but even the Ice Princess shifted to see what was going to happen next.

 

Sooyoung's eyebrows raised at the suggestion and turned her head to look at the two bachelorettes with a sinister smile. Her eyes first landed on Sunny who stared back at her with pursed lips and wide eyes. Could it be that she was who the giant wanted more? Sooyoung opened ready to speak only to say, “Move out of the way shortie!” Without warning, the youngest of the trio pushed the little one against the table and stared dreamily into Hyoyeon's eyes. “So! Do you come here often?”

 

The table erupted in laughter at the display of the 3 single ladies. All of the couples embraced one another as the entertainment went on. They could always count on the trio to make a scene whether it be comedic, embarrassing, or just because they were speaking too loudly on a topic. It was always the love and hate pair with the innocent one trapped in the middle.

 

Sooyoung's sudden action caused Hyoyeon to lean back in her seat to part from the giant. “Don't even try any of that after you just tried to strangle me!” Her lips twisted into a form of disgust. How in the world could she ever picture herself in a relationship with a violent monster?! More than half of their relationship would be of them trying to kill each other!

 

A hand swatted the air to get rid of the rejecting words. “It was my aggressive love towards you! C'mon! Let's just give it a try!” Sooyoung reached her hands out to the latter with much affection. Her target was Hyoyeon and she was going to get the girl whether she liked it or not!

 

“No thanks!” The Dancing Queen stated with a hand like a stop sign. However, seeing the other girl still advance towards her caused Hyoyeon to slap away Sooyoung's grabby hands. The last thing she wanted was to get caught in one of her unbreakable grips.

 

Meanwhile. Pinned against the table with the scene going on behind her, all Sunny could do was flail her arms around. “Yah! Get off of me!” She demanded as fiercely as she could, only to end up looking the cutest she could be. Sunny tried to push away from the table but Sooyoung was completely sprawled along the tiny girl's back. All she really wanted was for her melons to have some room to breathe!

 

Suddenly Sooyoung reached out and grabbed Hyoyeon's jacket collar. “A kiss will change your mind!” The love seeking lady started to bring her friend closer to her. Her eyes closed while her lips puckered up for a smooch that seemed more vomit inducing than sweet.

 

The Dancing Queen tried her very best to pry Sooyoung's hands open, but to no avail. “Aniyo! Aniyo!” She pleaded, but nothing was working as her friend's unbreakable grip was bringing their faces even closer together. She had to say something now! It had to be something so shocking that it would even make time stop for a second. “I'm taken!” Hyoyeon blurted out just before the kissy lips made contact with her face. Everyone at the table stopped and stared at her with shocked expressions. Even Sooyoung froze just inches away from her.

 

“Jinja?” Tiffany finally managed to question. For a second the group's silence broke, only to return shortly after. Everyone was too much in awe to say anything. They wanted the confessor to say even more about her newly revealed relationship.

 

Hyoyeon blushed admittedly at the silence. She cleared shyly and nodded. “Neh.” With that, the love seeking fool let go of her friend's jacket and leaned back in her seat, freeing more than one person. Little Sunny checked over her shoulder to see that Sooyoung was finally at peace before leaning her back against the chair happily. In a matter of seconds her mind sped through the conversation at hand. In an instant her head snapped towards Hyoyeon's direction as she waited for more news to come out.

 

Still no one said anything for a moment. It wasn't until Seohyun clapped happily in her seat did the others finally ease up. “Unnie!” She cheered with a bright smile on her face. “I'm so happy for you! So who's the lucky guy?” Her hands clasped together in excitement.

 

The latter's lips pursed as she was contemplating if she should tell. Then again, Hyoyeon figured that if the others dropped such a big bombshell today, why would hers be any more different? It was technically the same thing. Everyone else confessed to being in a relationship and so did she. What was there for her to worry about? Hyoyeon cleared ready to answer when,

 

“Hyonie~” A voice called out. Everyone sat up straight to see a beaming girl walk over and plop her in the usually empty seat next to Hyoyeon. “You really need to give better directions when telling people to meet you somewhere. Especially me silly.” The mysterious girl smiled happily towards the Dancing Queen. Suddenly her smile faded when she realized just how silent the table had gotten. All eyes were eerily on her. “M-Mianhae. Did I interrupt something important?” The girl glanced at everyone at the table then over to Hyoyeon.

 

The mystery girl and Hyoyeon made eye contact for a quick moment before the Dancing Queen hung her head shyly. “Everyone, this is Nicole...” She looked up to see the unreadable expressions of the eight other girls. Hyoyeon intertwined her fingers with the new girl under the table. “She's...my girlfriend.” Her voice shook nervously. As proof to the others of their dating, Hyoyeon lifted up their locked hands and gave the back of Nicole's hand a sweet kiss. Blush rose to the dancing maniac's cheeks at her public display of affection.

 

In fact, both of their cheeks turned a shade of pink from the confession. “Y-You didn't tell them?” Nicole nervously whispered at a volume loud enough for the others to hear her. She just couldn't keep her voice low at a time like this.

 

“Not until now.” Hyoyeon said with a guilty chuckle. Her hands squeezed her girlfriend's hand embarrassingly as her lips pursed tightly. Words just couldn't come out of anymore. She was too embarrassed to explain herself of the sudden relationship. Not once had she ever confessed to the group that she had a crush on anyone because she never knew if the group accepted homouality.

 

Though no one asked how they got together, let alone speak a single word, the girl named Nicole could see the question they all urged an answer for. “Hyonie and I have been hip hop dance partners for a about 2 years now. We competed together as a duo at the dance competition over the holidays. Whenever we had any free time we'd go on little dates and then finally my Hyonie asked the question.” The latter's cheeks flushed a deeper shade of pink only making her look down shyly. Seeing the change in facial color, Nicole giggled and kissed Hyoyeon's cheek. She couldn't help but whisper, “You're cute when you blush.”

 

Again the group emitted an “Aww!” as everyone smiled. Well, all except one love seeking fool who huffed and leaned back in her seat with folded arms...again. Nicole looked over at the seemingly frustrated Sooyoung and was ready to question if she had homophobia in her veins, but luckily her lover was there to explain and prevent the awkward question from escaping.

 

The skyscraper looked down at Sunny who was happily sipping her usual drink. The little one was just glad a giant wasn't using her as a pillow anymore. Her front cushions could finally breathe. “Yah.” Sooyoung called out to get the girl to look at her. “Are you in some sort of secret relationship too?”

 

Little Sunny Bunny stopped drinking long enough to shake her head innocently. With a final gulp, the shortest one at the table lifted her head to finally answer a, “Nope. I'm single.” Hearing the news made Sooyoung grin rather cynically until it finally sank into the shorter girl's head. If both of them were single and Sooyoung was a love sick fool with only Sunny as her final choice then...“Aniyo!” The little one cried out as she tried to escape the table, but it was too late. The giant had already wrapped her long arms around the little one. “Aniyo! Aniyo! Aniyo!” Her arms flailed around but she was no match against the tall one.

 

“Omo! It's David and Goliath!” Yoona joked while pointing at the pair. The table burst into laughter again as Sooyoung pressed her cheek against the top of Sunny's head. It was only a matter of time until either Sunny stopped resisting or Sooyoung stopped looking for love.

 

Time had passed and the little one's efforts with trying to push away eventually stopped. There was no use! Her tiny frame against a massive giant was an unfair battle for her. All she could do now was sit there as Sooyoung nuzzled her face against the top of her head. She had to try anything now. If actions couldn't stop her then maybe words could. “Yah! Why don't you try going out with that Brad Pitt guy?! Didn't you say that you love him?!”

 

Another scoff escaped from the giant. “Don't be delusional! He's with that one girl! Like he would dump her for a nobody like me!” Sooyoung hugged her captive tightly, having the little one cringe at all the contact. Nobody bothered to help break the death grip though. This was just Sooyoung's usual contact with anybody, especially if she was in a hugging mood. Her grip would be practically impossible to break and the only one that would make her let go was herself. “Besides! If he found out that I called him Bread Pitt by accident then he'll never want to date me!” Again there was laughter at the girl's remarks. Even Sunny pursed her lips tightly in an attempt to not laugh out loud. She wanted to seem as helpless as she could so that someone would get the giant away from her. Unfortunately for her, every knight in shining armor seemed to be already taken. Her only savior was the very person she was trying to run away from! “From now on, you're my Sunny Bunny who's sweet as honey!” Sooyoung cheered in a sing song tune.

 

Sunny's eyes suddenly widened at what her captor had just said. “Honey?! Bread?! Oh no! She's hungry again! Quick! Someone give her food or she'll eat me!” She began to squirm around once more in hopes to get away from the hungry beast. Still it was no use. The grip around her small body was just too strong to break out of.

 

With her captive's accusation, Sooyoung began to nip at Sunny playfully. Her lips grazed the little one's cheek and jaw line endlessly despite how much tossing and turning was being done in her arms. She had a grip that no one would be able to interfere with.

 

All the nipping and squeezing caused the little one to squirm in a state of panic. “Help! Someone save me!” Sunny could easily feel Sooyoung's arms tighten around her petite frame. Just a little tighter and she wouldn't be able to move! “Save me! Please! This girl thinks I'm hon-”

 

 

 

 

 

Shock and silence...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heh. Your lips really do taste like honey.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello for the final time for this Holiday fan fic you awesome readers! Here is the epilogue chapter to the story and no I will not be adding anything extra! I did leave that as a giant cliff hanger so that YOU can make up the rest of the story if you'd like. xD This story is now OFFICIALLY COMPLETELY OVER! Whoo! I really hope you awesome readers liked this fan fic!

 

Like I said in the last A/N I just want to apologize for taking forever with this fan fic. I really didn't expect to take more than a year to finish this off! My original plan was to have this done before the New Years of 2013 and that I would be updating once a week until it was done with! Obviously that never happened and it consequently stretched to a time span of more than a year. BUT! I did come back to finish the story. I'm not like one of those authors who starts and never finishes. Now that this fan fic is done with I will definitely be working more on my current stories.

 

Because of such a delay with updating, I have learned a valuable lesson from this. From now on I will not start a chapter story until ALL of it is typed up and ready for polishing. Why do I say that? So that something like this [and what's been going on with TGW and UR] will never happen again. I honestly scold myself when I read comments about how I don't update enough and I'm truely sorry for keeping you readers waiting. So now I'm going to change my uploading times so that it would be consistent and no one would be waiting for months just for a story update! Aigoo!

 

Anyways, I hope that all of you readers [those from the beginning and those who just found this story] enjoyed this story. I hope you stick around to read my other fan fics because no way will I be done with writing anytime soon. So until the next chapter of the next fan fic, See ya!

 

-Jeo

 

PS: I just realized this was 9 chapters long. xD