Best Friend's Boyfriend_Part 2

A Collection of Love Stories

[Junsu + Riin] Best Friend's Boyfriend

 

“I love you…”

 

Riin brought up her head upon hearing the same phrase that used to be the magical words she loved. “Mama, Inhwan loves you…” the little boy chanted while jumping on the bed.

 

“Enough Inhwan,” Riin said rather strictly, “You’ll break off the bed if you’re to continue jumping like that.”

 

The boy pouted his lips before sitting down on the bed quietly. “Poor little boy, don’t you think you’re a little too harsh to this adorable boy here.” A smile crept onto Inhwan’s face upon seeing his guardian angel. “Jaejoong Appa…” his arms stretched out ready to be carried by him.

 

“Thanks to you, my son had gone into this state. You’ll spoil him completely one day.” Riin crossed her arms before her chest.

 

Jaejoong chuckled, “A little dotting won’t harm him. I’ve found you a place for you two to stay in this meantime.” Looking at the boy in his arms, a smile formed on his face, “You’re going to meet omma in lunch time, aren’t you? Actually you have no need to meet her every month. She’ll nag you with those never ending nonsense.”

 

“Before leaving, I’d promised to free a day to accompany her. I can’t be breaking my promise.” Riin smiled. “I’m counting on you to look after Inhwan. Text me the place and I’ll be there once Mrs. Kim leave.”

 

“I can fetch you…” Jaejoong said, nonchalantly. She shook her head, “I’ll be fine by myself.”

 

-

 

“Jaejoong Appa, are we leaving already?” Inhwan asked the second Jaejoong buttoned the last button of his shirt.

 

“Not now, give me about 30 minutes time, okay?”

 

“You wanted to see me?”

 

“Junsu Ahjusshi…” Inhwan was excited to see Junsu.

 

“Sunny, you may come in…” Jaejoong called. “Sunny Ahjumma…” Inhwan pointed at her.

 

“How can you call such a pretty lady ahjumma, call me noona,” Sunny gently pinched on his cheek. “I’ll be back in 30 minutes time, take care of him.” Jaejoong said.

 

-

 

“I’m going to be straightforward to you,” Jaejoong placed the cup of tea down before looking up to the man seated before him.

 

Junsu was curious to what Jaejoong will be telling him. “Who are you?”

 

“I’m Inhwan’s stepfather, Riin’s ex-husband,” a simple yet hurting answer. Junsu was astonished upon hearing the answer to his question.

 

Rested his clasped hands on the table, Jaejoong said “Before moving on with what I’m going to tell you, I would like to know, your decision, your future will it be occupied by the woman name Taeyeon or it would be Riin and Inhwan? I’m interested in that.”

 

Needed no time, Junsu instantly answered “My decision is still the same. Five years ago, I didn’t know Riin would leave and I’m clueless that she was pregnant. I was about to propose her that night but I guess I was too late. She was gone when I arrived.”

 

“If you really do love Riin, why are you with Taeyeon now?”

 

“I’m sure Riin had mentioned to you about the letter she gave me before stepping out from my life, I’m not telling you the whole story,” Junsu looked straight at the man opposite him. “Tell me, how did the two of you get married?”

 

Having his elbow rested on the chair armrest while touching on his chin, he said “Five years ago, Riin was offered with a job by an American advertising company. Her workbase will be in America. Riin turned down the offer and joined my company in Japan.” Crossing his leg, he continued “In that time, my family was urging me to establish a family and I have no choice but to find a wife before being force to agree to an arranged marriage. Perhaps, we’re fated. For some odd reasons, she trusts me a lot. During that time, I needed a wife and all she desired of was only a man who could give Inhwan a birth cert.” turning over to Junsu, he said “The most important thing was, my family name is Kim.”

 

“That is the reason why…” Junsu stammered, “She agrees to marry you?”

 

Jaejoong nodded, “We had a pact which lasted for three years and divorced in the following year.” Getting up from his seat, Jaejoong was about to leave.

 

“Kim Jaejoong,” Junsu called, halting him from exiting the hospital canteen. “Why did you tell me these?”

 

Tilting his head over his shoulder, he said “I hope you and Riin could start afresh. Both Inhwan and Riin needs you.”

 

-

 

Coming out from the mini kitchen, Riin placed the glass of water on the coffee table. “Seriously, we don’t need to stay in such a huge hotel suite. There’s a mini kitchen and even Jacuzzi in each of the toilet…”

 

Taking a sip of the water, he shrugged “Don’t you feel comfortable?” Riin nodded her head; a smile crept onto her face. “That’s what I need,” Jaejoong leaned against the couch. A moment of silence occurred. “Riin-ah…I’ll be leaving at the end of this week.”

 

“Leaving, so fast?” her brow arched up, “Going back to Japan?” Riin asked.

 

He shook his head, “No. England, I’m going to England. Appa wants to expand his business to Europe and I think I should help him in this.”

 

“But…” Riin rubbed on her arm, “Why all of the sudden?”

 

“He has been planning this for quite some time ago and these,” he handed two boarding pass to her, “for you and Inhwan…”

 

“You want me to come with you?”

 

Having his eyes glued on the glass of tea, he avoided having any eye contact with her. “I don’t mind being a replacement. All I want you to know is that, I’m right here waiting for you and you won’t be alone in this journey of your life.”

 

“Jaejoong…”

 

“However before making a decision,” he got up from the couch and made his way towards the doorway. “I would like to have you meet him and settle things off…”

 

“Junsu?” Riin was surprised to see Junsu stood at the threshold to her suite.

 

“Take your time,” Jaejoong patted on the younger man’s shoulder before stepping out from the suite.

 

-

 

“Give me a chance to explain myself,” Junsu said while reaching his hand out for Riin’s. “I never regret for falling in love with you. When I decided to start off a relationship with you, I know I’m serious and so does you.” Tightening his held on her, he continued “Five years ago, that very night when you have opted to leave my world, I was planning on proposing to you. Our relationship was stable, that’s what I thought. Nevertheless, your sudden disappearance made me confused.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“The moment I found the letter and when I realized Taeyeon came back to Korea, I somehow understood the reason why you choose to leave.” Jerking one of his knees down on the carpeted floor, he held on both her hands. “You didn’t want to hurt her, I suppose. But do you know, five years; after five years and I still can’t get you off my mind. I still love you…” he pulled her into his arms. “Never leave me again, I beg you.”

 

Bringing up her arms to his back, she closed her eyes, “Junsu-ah, you’re getting married with Taeyeon soon. Let the past be a memory of us.”

 

“I’ve told her that we’ll cancel the wedding. I’m not marrying her,” Junsu released the woman in his arms. Taking out a jewelry box from his blazer, he showed her the sparkling diamond ring in it. “I bought this ring five years ago; finally, I have the chance of putting it on your finger.”

 

“Don’t do this…” her lips were quivering, tears threatening to fall out from her hazel eyes.

 

“Give me a chance, give both of us a chance, give Inhwan a chance of having a father…” holding on her hand, he tenderly put the ring on her marriage finger. “It’s time for me to fulfill my responsibilities of being a husband, a father and a lover of yours. Allow me to love you again,” he murmured. Closing in their gap, within a second, Riin could feel his warm lips pressed against hers.

 

-

 

“How was it?” Jaejoong asked, he sounded calm.

 

Turning on the loudspeaker of her mobile phone, Riin answered “I’m not sure if I should do this. It’s just not right…”

 

“Follow your heart…”

 

“Riin…”

 

“I’ll call you again,” Riin ended the call as she heard Junsu’s voice from the living room. “What is it?” he placed her hand on his arm, tilting her head, curiously.

 

“We should choose an appropriate time to tell Inhwan about us and his father,” he encircled his arms around her waist whilst resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

She nodded.

 

-

 

On the following day, Riin and Junsu were thinking that they should tell Inhwan about the truth in the morning. Nevertheless, a call from Junsu’s office informing about an urgent meeting had ruined their plan. With no other options left, they agreed to tell the boy at night instead. In the afternoon, upon receiving a text message from an unknown number, Riin was astounded.

 

Memories of the past V

 

“Riin, tell me why did you betrayed me,” Taeyeon held tightly onto Riin’s wrist. “I told you to keep an eye on him but instead, you snatched him away from me. How cruel can you be?”

 

“It’s not like that, Taeyeon. I-”

 

“Shut up,” the older girl shouted. “Don’t deny it, it’s so obvious your stole your best friend’s boyfriend. Riin, don’t you feel ashamed? I’m your friend, your best friend which had helped you so much.”

 

“Taeyeon I’m sorry, but Junsu and I…we really do love one another.”

 

“Jang Riin,” Taeyeon was fumed in anger, before Riin could react in time, Taeyeon had slapped on her face. “How could you do this to me…leave, leave both me and Junsu. I don’t want to see you anymore.”

 

End

 

“You’re late…” Taeyeon looked up to her friend, a person she used to call her best friend.

 

Taking a seat opposite her, Riin ordered a coffee. “It’d been a very long time since we last met. How are you?”

 

“I would be perfectly fine if you’ve not come back to Korea,” Taeyeon folded her arms as she eyed, threateningly at Riin. “I’m going to finish this off once and for all. Leave us alone, Junsu and I are getting married soon, why can’t you just leave. Do you think by using that son of yours could keep him with you. He’s dying soon.”

 

“Taeyeon, please watch your words.” By now, both Riin and Taeyeon had attracted attention from other customers in the coffee shop. “You may say all the bad things about me, but never involve my son. He’s innocent.”

 

“Innocent?” Taeyeon hissed. “Whatever you’re doing, God is watching. What goes around comes around, no wonder the donor refuse to give his liver to him, that’s because you as the mother has done a lot of sinful things.”

 

“How do you know about this,” Riin slightly raised her voice, “Was you the one who bribed the donor? Did you ask him to turn down the transplant operation?”

 

“So what if I did, I want the both of you to leave Korea and never appear in our life again. Didn’t you live a peaceful life in Japan, why do you still come back?”

 

“Taeyeon, do you know, if you’ve not done that, I wouldn’t have approach Junsu. And he wouldn’t know that he has a son. It was you who ruined your wedding.” Riin said as a matter of fact.

 

“It was you…you stolen him from me five years ago, stop putting the blame on me, Jang Riin.” Taeyeon was about to raised her hand, intending to slap the younger girl.

 

Riin get to react in time, she held on her wrist. “You’ve not changed. Five years ago when you leave Junsu, he had told you about it. If you leave, he’ll break up with you. The both of us did not start a relationship right after you leave and in fact, we lose contact for almost a year. It was the following year that we officially become a pair.”

 

Taeyeon did not say anything, she didn’t know what ought to be said.

 

“Junsu waited for you the whole year, but you’ve not even given him a call or send him a letter or an email. You were the one who pushed him away.” Lowering her head, she tried hard in restraining her tears. “No matter how deep is my love for him, I tried my best in holding it back. I never let him know about my feeling for him; it was you who pushed him to me time and again. It takes time for a feeling to be developed. If you hadn’t forced me to accompany during the times when you aren’t free, nothing would happen between us.”

 

“Riin…please, let him go. If you still treat me as a friend, please leave him…” Taeyeon sobbed. “You have Inhwan, you have a nice and rich man waiting for you. But I have nothing left but only Junsu, I failed in my career. I can’t bear losing him.”

 

-

 

“Inhwan-ah…there’s something Omma and I want to tell you,” Junsu smiled. “Inhwannie, my Inhwan…do you know, I’m your-”

 

“He’s your Junsu Ahjushi…” Riin interrupted. “Inhwan-ah, Sunny noona is looking for you. It seems that she needs you to help her on something…”

 

Looking at his mother awkwardly, then turned to Junsu, “You guys are weird…I’ll help Sunny noona.”

 

“Riin…” he held on her arm, “Didn’t we agreed to tell him today, what’s wrong, what’s the matter?”

 

Heaving a sigh, Riin rubbed on the nape of her neck, “Junsu-ah, I don’t think today is the right day. Let’s talk about this tomorrow.” She gently pushed him towards the exit.

 

“Did Taeyeon approach you today?” Riin stopped instantly upon hearing her friend’s name. “I’m right, am I?”

 

“No. I’ve not seen her,” she opened the door and pushed Junsu out from the suite. “All I’m asking for is some time. Give me some time to think about us again…” she shut the door closed.

 

“Riin-ah...” Junsu uttered as he leaned his forehead against the door.

 

Holding onto the ring Junsu gave her, the tears locked in her eyes gradually poured out without her realizing. “Junsu…I’m sorry…I owe her too much.”

 

-Incheon Airport-

 

“Jang Riin, what are you doing here?”

 

“Jaejoong Appa…” Inhwan ran up to Jaejoong upon seeing him. Walking up to them, Riin smiled “You promised to bring him to see Big Ben, didn’t you?”

 

“I don’t understand,” he frowned.

 

Closing in their distance, Riin whispered into his ear, “Are you still waiting here? Still willing to offer me a pact again?”

 

He rolled his eyes, “Don’t fool me, Jang Riin,” he said in his gritted teeth.

 

“Taeyeon is right, I’m selfish. I don’t care about your feeling at all…”

 

“Appa, why did you make Omma cry?” Inhwan pouted. Holding onto Riin’s hand, he looked down to her, “I told you that I don’t mind being a replacement, so you’re not selfish. I believe you’ll fall for me someday and all you need is time. Between you and Junsu, I’m unsure of what had happened, but remember, you still have me with you.”

 

A tear escaped her eye, “Thanks Jaejoong…”

 

“Jang Riin…” they both whirled around upon hearing a familiar voice.

 

Lowering her head guiltily, she turned to Jaejoong, “Bring Inhwan to the departure area first, I’ll be coming once everything is done.” Making her way towards the man she had ever love so deeply, she wasn’t sure if she could really harden her heart against him.

 

“What do you mean by this?” he showed her the letter and the ring. “Are you leaving me again?”

 

“Sometimes, I can never disagree with Taeyeon. I really do owe her too much,” Riin forced out a smile, “Junsu-ah, we got together in a wrong time, didn’t we?”

 

“No, we didn’t,” Junsu raised his voice, he was furious.

 

Grabbing hold on her wrist, she said “You know we did. Timing is really important for a pair of lovers. I guess, we wouldn’t turn out this way if I’d met you before Taeyeon do.”

 

“Riin, you’re not giving me a chance?”

 

She shook her head, “I’ve no right in giving you any chance. Taeyeon needs you, we should stop hurting her.”

 

“So is that is for us…”

 

Placing both her hands on her cheeks, she tiptoed and kissed on his lips for the one last time. A kiss which she hoped it would last forever, she hoped time would stop at this moment so that this kiss would last for eternity.

 

“Goodbye Junsu.”

 

“Riin…I still love you…” he didn’t have the courage in saying out his deepest thought.

 

 

The End

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//Best Friend’s Boyfriend Part 2//

 

100530

 

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

visit my writing blog to read more stories

I will update my stories there faster as compared to AsianFanfics & Winglin...hope to see you there... ^^

Stories of Love