Saying I Love You

A Collection of Love Stories

[Junsu + Riin] Saying I Love You

 

“Yoochun,” the older man stopped from following the crew towards the Emergency Room. He held onto his arm, hesitated “Don’t you think we should get her? Junsu barely get to hang on.”

 

Frowning to the question, Yoochun sighed “Given their complicated relationship, she’ll only give him more troubles.” Crossing his arms against his chest, he said “Furthermore, we’re in LA not Seoul. How do we get her here? In fact, I bet she must be busy with her album recording. Forget about that.”

 

-

 

“Jaejoong, Yoochun,” their Japanese manager whirled around to see the two singers, “where have you two been? You disappeared when I turned around. The doctor will be coming out soon.” From his voice, they know he was worried. Ever since the lawsuit surfaced, they barely get to see a smile on his face.

 

“Doctor, how is he? I’m his manager,” the man in his mid-forty rushed up to the doctor who was removing his mask.

 

Yoochun walked up to the tensed man, holding on his left arm “Yasura-san, calm down.”

 

The doctor took a breath before explaining the weak singer’s condition to his label-mate. “Mr. Kim, his condition had been stabilized for now. His fever was rather high, about 46C but it would reduce soon as I had given him a shot. Due to fatigue, his fever worsened.” The doctor clasped his hands placing at his back, he queried “How long have him not been sleeping?”

 

The three looked at one another; Jaejoong cleared his throat “For four days on end.”

 

“I understand that you guys are hard workers, but by not sleeping won’t help much and it just will but your health in danger,” he said. “Besides, I heard him nonstop mumbling ‘Riin’ I guess he wants to see this person badly. At this moment, all he need is some sleep. He’ll be able to discharge within two days.”

 

“Alright,” Yasura bowed his head. “We know what ought to do.”

 

“We seriously need to bring her to LA,” Jaejoong insisted as the doctor’s words have convinced him more.

 

Yoochun heaved a heavy sigh, “I guess so.”

 

-

 

“Riin…Riin…”

 

The petite girl gently wiped off the beads of sweat on his forehead. All of the sudden, he grabbed hold on her wrist before shouting out her name. Halting her from continuing what she was doing before, his eyes widened. Wondering if he was dreaming or the picture before him was only a hallucination he created in his mind which had been haunting him without a stop.

 

“Riin, are you really Riin, am I dreaming?” his weak voice almost melted Riin’s heart

 

She chuckled to his silliness, slightly shaking her head as an answer “No, you’re not. Riin has come to LA just for her stupid friend who doesn’t sleep for the sake of recording. Kim Junsu, you have to get well soon.”

 

Reluctant to release her hand as the fear of losing contact with the pretty lady before him gave him courage in doing so. “How do you get here? What about your work in Korea?” Junsu asked in a low voice.

 

Tilting her head, she could sense someone was watching them from a distant. “Thanks to your two hyungs, I have to throw off all my work and come all the way from Korea to LA for the very first time.” She purposely raised her voice so that the two men hiding behind the door could hear her. “And did I tell you about it, my first experience here totally ruined by you. The very first place I visited was hospital.”

 

He reached his free hand over to her cheek and caressed it gently, smile plastered on his “It’s been a long time since I last seen this cute face of yours. Riin, I missed you a lot.”

 

“Yah Kim Junsu…” her face was blushing.

 

He tightened his held on her, “Riin, I’m only a friend of yours,” he was staring intently into Riin’s hazel eyes, persisting for an answer. “So why do you even care coming here to visit me? You once said, we’re only friend and nothing more than that.”

 

Riin forced out a smile contemplating what should be said “You’re something more than friend, a close good friend of mine; someone who helped me in my debut days.” looking away from his constant staring, she stuttered “how can I not come to visit you…it’s just not right.”

 

“Only that…”

 

“Yah!! How long are you two going to peek over there?” Riin loosened Junsu’s hand whilst pointing at the two seniors. “Jaejoong oppa, Yoochun oppa…”

 

“Ohh…” Jaejoong rubbed on the back of his head. “About that, we’re worried that we would interrupt you so, thought of giving you guys some time.”

Avoid having any eye contact with Junsu, Riin looked around the room uneasily, “I think I should leave already.”

 

“You’re leaving so fast?” Junsu held on her hand.

 

Surprised by Junsu’s abrupt action, Yoochun said “Time for visitors are coming to an end, Riin will be coming again tomorrow, right.” He widened his eyes at Riin as if trying to threaten her in some way.

 

“Yoochun, you should accompany Riin back to our hotel first. You can stay in Junsu’s room for now since he’ll be stuck here another night.” Jaejoong helped Riin in loosening Junsu’s held on her.

 

-

 

On the way driving back to the hotel, the journey was very quiet. Neither Yoochun nor Riin had spoken a word. Coming to a stop at the traffic light, the older man initiated to break the Ice Princess.

 

“Riin-ah, how long are you going to keep distancing from that idiot boy?” he turned to see the girl who was once very innocent. But now, all he could see was only a matured woman had became very cold resulted by the hurt caused by his good friend, Junsu. “You know that he really do love you, don’t you?”

 

Taking a very deep breath with her eyes closed, she knew she wouldn’t be able to escape from this topic. After all, this was his main intention of sending her back. Turning over to the man beside her, “The light has turned green.”

 

Yoochun grinned as he shook his head, “You’ve became very much wittier.” Driving into the underground parking lot, he turned off the vehicle. Locking the main buttons of the car doors, he turned to Riin “but it’s not easy to get rid of me, Jang Riin. What happened between the two of you? From when on it has become this complicated?”

 

“Nothing has ever happen between the both of us,” she said as a matter of fact.

 

“I still remember those days; you both were so compatible to one another. All of us thought you’ll definitely end up with that duck- but why…”

 

“Because the existent of Taeyeon has changed everything,” Riin cut him off. “With Taeyeon appearing in his life, it made him realized who the right one is.”

 

Yoochun disagreed “That’s what you’re thinking, how sure are you that’s his thought?”

 

“I don’t know,” tears were forming in her eyes as she lowered her head. “All I know is that, being his friend is all I can do. From the starting till now, I’m only his friend and nothing more. I don’t want any changes…”

 

“Pabo…” he gently pulled her into his arms. “You still love him and he loves you…so why can’t you two be together?”

 

“It’s different, he has never say anything to me…I’m only his friend all this while, that’s what he had always said.”

 

-Flashback-

 

“Yah Jang Riin, you’re still practicing?” Junsu asked as he dashed into the practice room without a knock.

 

Turning around to see her senior, she didn’t have the time to bow to him; he had dragged him out from the room. Hitting on his arm, Riin whined “Junsu oppa, one of my songs in the new single require me to dance. If I don’t practice more, I might be in trouble. What is that so urgent you need to drag me along?”

 

“Riin ah,” he held on her shoulders. “You promised that you help right…”

 

“Help what?” Riin was oblivious to what he was talking about.

 

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, “About Taeyeon, your roommate. You said you would help me get her number, didn’t you?”

 

Upon hearing that, the smile on Riin’s face faded. “Taeyeonnie, her number…” she nodded her head with a forceful smile on face, “Okay…”

 

“Gotcha…” he snapped his fingers. “I’ll wait for your text, thanks Riin…” he wrapped his arms around her, loosely. He never knows her heart was wrenching at that moment, tears were threatening to flow out from her eyes. “You’re my best friend…”

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“Junsu ah, having Riin here really helps you a lot,” Jaejoong smiled while looking at the digital fever thermometer. “You’re recovering fast, you know…”

 

He chuckled, “She has changed a lot, so much different from the Riin I first known.” Playing with his fingers, he asked “Jaejoong hyung, Riin…do she still loves me, what do you think?”

 

“I don’t know,” Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders as he seated beside his bed. “But from what I see, she cares about you. When I called her the day before yesterday when you’re still sleeping like a pig, the moment she gets to know about your condition, she sounded worried.” Crossing his leg on the left, he continued “Recently, SM has just announced the summer concert. Not having her name in the poster, it sure hurt her deeply and that her album recording, she might be more exhausted than you do. But she could still come to see you during this hard time, that proves it all, aren’t it?”

 

“You think,” Junsu shook his head.

 

“What comes around goes around,” Jaejoong sneered, “All this while, she had been by your side but you’ve not notice her, you are evil enough used her in getting Taeyeon…you should be punished.”

 

“Ahh…” Junsu shouted in despair. “It’s almost impossible for me to be with her again, right?”

 

“Woah, who the hell is that shrieking at this hour,” Yoochun grinned.

 

“How’s Riin?” Junsu asked.

 

Shaking his head, he has his hands in his pockets, “She was hurt badly by a man named Kim Junsu. It might be challenging for you to win her heart again.”

 

“Since when did I hurt her? How am I supposed to know that she like me when she has not say a single word to me,” he shouted frustratingly like a four years old kid.

 

Yoochun shook his head, “And have you ever tell her that the person who had occupied your heart was her, Jang Riin?”

 

Jaejoong lowered his head before walking up to the sick man. Placing his hand on his shoulder, the older man said “It’s not too late to say ‘I love you’, moron.”

 

“Hush…” Junsu was agitated.

 

-

 

“You’re late, Jang Riin,” Junsu got up from the bed.

 

Looking down on her watch, Riin frowned “You should have gone back by yourself. If it’s not Jaejoong and Yoochun sunbae insist me to come, I would have gone back to Korea.” she turned around making her way towards the exit.

 

“Hey,” Junsu walked up to her, “I’ve settled the payment. I’ll bring you to a place,” he slid his hand into hers.

 

“Junsu,” she startled. Looking down to their joined hands, she didn’t know what should be said. “Why are you?”

 

“Come with me,” he smiled, “I’ll give you a great experience and that your first time coming to LA will not be a nightmare of yours.”

 

-Staples Center-

 

Scanning through around the concert venue where the SM family will be holding their concert this September, Riin wasn’t sure the reason behind Junsu bringing her here.

 

“Why did you bring me here?” Riin asked.

 

Closing in their huge distant, he smiled “I’m giving you a chance to practice. You’ll be performing here soon, aren’t you?”

 

Lowering her head, she sighed “This isn’t your main motive.”

 

Holding on both her hands, he looked into her eyes, “Riin ah, I have something to confess, something which I had buried in my heart for almost five years.” His hands on hers gradually tightened, “A fact which I’d been denying and dare not to admit, that’s what I’d wanted all this while.”

 

Trying hard in withdrawing her hands from his, she twisted her hand and avoids having to face him. “Stop this, there’s nothing much for you to confess. What is there for you to confess to a friend?” tears entering her eyes, the feeling she had always had in the past came back again. “Don’t do this to me, Junsu. I had enough…” her lips were quivering.

 

“Listen to me,” Junsu felt his heart was clenching. “I was a moron for not noticing it.”

 

“The one you love is Taeyeon, not me,” she sobbed.

 

Shaking his head no, he reluctantly released her hands as she was wincing in pain. Pulling her into his warm embrace, he whispered into her ear. “Riin ah, I thought you didn’t like me at that time. Since day one meeting you, there’s not a day you’ve treat me like how you are to others. Especially Hankyung hyung, you were always sweet to him.” resting his chin on her shoulder, he continued “You had always avoided me. Once the recording ended, you would ignore me as if I’m invisible. These little moves of yours, do you know it drives me crazy. I thought the one you like was Hankyung and not me.”

 

Bringing her arms up to his back, she mumbled “Then why did you use me in approaching Taeyeon?”

 

“Because I was using her to erase you from my mind, but it was difficult for us to be together. The feeling I have for her was different, she was like a sister to me.” holding onto her shoulders, he looked down in searching for Riin’s eyes “I’ve always tried to close in our gap, but when I take one step closer to you, you would have three steps back. So tell me, how am I supposed to confess to you when you’ve already made your move in avoiding me?”

 

Tears never stop making its way down her cheeks, bringing up her hands, she gently hit against his chest. “Kim Junsu, you’re the most horrible person on earth. How will I know what’s your feeling when you’ve not say anything to me. A person like me, I’ve no confidence that you would like me. Is it that hard for you to tell me the truth? Every time you see me, you would call me ‘chingu’ so tell me do I still have any hope when you’re saying that, you moron.” She never stops punching on her chest.

 

“Riin, I’m dying,” he grabbed hold on her small hands. Interlocking with her hands, he rested his forehead against hers. “Frankly, saying I love you was really a difficult thing to tell you. I’m brave before everyone but when I meet your eyes, I’ve no courage at all.” Hugging on her small waist, he placed his lips on Riin’s. “I love you; only love you, Jang Riin.”

 

“Kim Junsu, you’re so evil.”

 

He chuckled, “Look who is talking, who was the one who started avoiding, ignoring me?”

 

Bringing up her hands to his face, she tenderly kissed on his soft lips. “You should have told me earlier…” she sobbed.

 

“Pabo, stop crying.” He tightened his arms around her, “Sorry for being late but I love you, Riin…”

 

A smile crept on her face as she closed her eyes enjoying the moment of being embraced by the man she had loved for five years.

 

 

The End

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//Saying I Love You//

 

100709

 

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Feel free to stop by here and read more stories from celestineblue ^-^ (mainly on suyin and SM artists)

Stories of Love