Best Friend's Boyfriend_Part 1

A Collection of Love Stories

[Junsu + Riin] Best Friend's Boyfriend

 

“Mama…can I join them for a soccer match?” the little boy asked in a low voice. His eyes were staring down on floor; dare not to have any eye contact with his mother.

 

Looking into the fawn eyes of her beloved son, she knows very well that she can never say no to him. Forcing out a convincing smile, she asked “Are you sure you can play with them? They may not want any people to interfere them.” the truth is, she doesn’t want him to have any connection with any sports. She knows that given his condition, soccer would be the last game she would wish seeing him play.

 

Lowering his head, his lips pouted “Mama, you don’t allow me play with them, aren’t you?” playing with his little fingers, he murmured “Dr. OK said before that outdoor activities will not harm me instead it help a little.”

 

Turning her head over her shoulder to the group of boys around her son’s age; they seem to be waiting for him to join them. “Okay, but you have to promise mama. If you feel tired or anywhere not feeling well, you have to tell mama and stop playing.”

 

“Promise, Inhwan promise will be a good boy and will stop once I come to my limit,” he reached out his pinky with a wide smile donned on his face.

 

Having a seat on the stoned bench in the garden, her eyes never leave her son. He was playing happily along the kids. She has no choice but to admit that, she’s never seen him laugh so joyfully and smile so sincerely, for a long time.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Taecyeon-shi,” she grabbed hold on the doctor’s arm. “What do you mean by that? Didn’t you say the donor has agreed long ago? The transplant operation will be held next week, how could he break his promise.”

 

Holding on her wrist with his free hand, he tried to calm her down. “Ms. Jang, you need to calm down or I won’t be able to explain to you.” His professional tone of voice somehow gets to convinced her, a little. “Ms. Jang…the donor found out that his relative is facing the same problem as Inhwan do. That’s why he refused to have his liver transplant to Inhwan.”

 

“What about Inhwan then? Is his relative dying soon?” she held on the collar of his dress shirt, tears never stop pouring out her eyes. “Inhwan is only five…he’s running out of time. He’d waited for three years and now you’re telling me he needs to wait longer…” her knees met the concrete floor.

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“Riin…” she turned around at the sound of a familiar man. He took the seat beside her, looking worried and she knew what he would ask next. “I told you not to believe in that Ok Taecyeon. Everyone is calling him Dr. OK but everything he does is not okay at all.” He crossed his hand before his well built chest, “It’s so obvious that omma had done something again.”

 

Riin shook her head, “No, it’s not Mrs. Kim. The previous time might be her but I’m positive is not her this time.”

 

Holding on her petite shoulders, he looked into her eyes “Riin, let me help you. Inhwan can wait no more…I’ve contacted Siwon, he might…”

 

“No,” Riin cut him off. “Jaejoong-ah…you’ve helped me a lot. It’s time to let me settle this by myself. Even if Dr. Choi is willing to help, he’s not a magician. He can’t get me a liver which match Inhwan.” She turned away from him. “Why didn’t you tell Mrs. Kim about Inhwan before this? You should have told her that he’s not your son.”

 

Taking in a deep breath, Jaejoong closed his eyes, feeling the cold breeze brushed through his porcelain face. “Because I thought this would be my final way to have you come back to me and I was hoping you would return someday.”

 

“It don’t make any sense,” Riin shook her head with a plain smile crept on her face. “I guess I really owe you a lot…if you aren’t the owner of this hospital, the both of us might have been kicked out long ago.” she tried sounded funny but he knew very well she was pretending

 

“Riin-ah…” he paused for a long time not until Riin turned to him with a questioning look. He sighed, he wasn’t sure if he should ask the question in his mind. “Have you ever thought about approaching Inhwan’s father?”  He lowered his head upon mentioning the person which Riin never want to meet ever again.

 

-

 

“Oppa…are you done yet? Just when are you going to come, everyone is waiting for you.” The man sighed as he picked up his blazer from the bed and made his way out from the room. “Taeyeon-ah, I don’t think I’ll make it. There’s something came up and the office need me urgently.”

 

He could hear a sound of frustration from the opposite line. “Kim Junsu, the company will not collapse down without you for an hour. I just need you to try out the tuxedo and…”

 

“And I promise I’ll make it up to you another time,” Junsu interrupted before Riin could finish her line. “We’ll get the outfit and photo shooting done on the next session, okay? I’m in a rush, bye.” He ended the call and it had been the third time in a row he had missed their wedding photo shooting.

 

Gulping down the glass of iced water, his eyes were plastered with the silver framed photo which was placed by the side of his 47inched Plasma TV. Picking it up, his eyes never leave the familiar person he had missed all these years. He remembers very well, it was taken six years ago when the three of them went skiing in Nagoya. Junsu blamed himself for not realizing earlier. He should have notice Riin’s feeling for him during the time when he had saved her from the snow storm. The both were locked in an old wooden house for a night. And perhaps at that very moment, he didn’t have the courage to admit that he do have feeling for his girlfriend’s best friend. They would not have turned out the way they do if Taeyeon was not Riin’s friend.

 

Memories of the past I

 

“Do you mind if I join you?”

 

She halted her move in kicking on the football again as she heard a typical coarse voice of a man. Turning around to meet with the owner of that voice, she wasn’t sure if she should leave or stay.

 

“Hi…” he greeted. Feeling awkward by the sudden intrude, she was about to leave before he broken the short period of silence time. “Are you a freshman?” he asked while tossing the ball up in the air, care freely. “I’ve not seen you around. I major in advertising, what about you?”

 

Looking away uneasily, the girl hesitated “For certain reasons, I’ve stopped for a semester. Same as you…” her voice trailed off as she somehow felt embarrassed to the reasons.

 

“You don’t have to tell me the exact reasons,” he noticed her uneasiness. “I was just asking. Apparently, you’re my senior…shall I address you by, sunbae?” he made a shot from a great distance off the goalpost and it went in amazingly.

 

A smile crept onto her face, “You’re awesome…that’s a great goal.”

 

The man flashed a friendly smile as he stretched out his hand, “Hi, I’m Kim Junsu. Nice to meet you,”

 

“Jang Riin,” she returned a courteous handshake. “Nice to meet you,” she smiled.

 

“Do you think in future, we can spend some time here?” he asked before passing his football to Riin. She stared on the ball dumbfounded. “I guess so…”

 

“Yah….Jang Riin!!!”

 

“Taeyeon…” Riin whirled around to see her best friend.

 

“Jang Riin, since when did you become a soccer freak?” Taeyeon’s hands on her hips.

 

“Kim Taeyeon…” Junsu smiled. “It’s been a long time since we last met.”

 

“Junsu-shi…” he lowered his head; a smile on his face. “Well, I’ll see you again.”

 

“Ya…” Taeyeon nodded her head, shyly. “Do you know him?” Riin was curious with Taeyeon’s sudden change of behavior.

 

Taeyeon nodded her head again, “She was the guy that I’d always mentioned to you all this while. My high school secret lover…”

 

End

 

Making his way up to the exit of his apartment, he was startled by the familiar figure stood before her when he opened the door. At that very minute, he hoped he had given her a better first impression after not meeting for the past five years. He had wished that he has the right in pulling her into his arms so that she could feel how badly he had missed her.

 

“Riin…”

 

Forcing out a smile, Riin opened to say her very first word to the man she used to love so much after six years. And all she could say was only a “Hi…” rubbing on her left arm, she continued “Junsu…it’s been a long time, I…”

 

“Jang Riin,” it took him almost a minute to react like what he thought in his mind. Pulling her into his arms, he buried his face by her neck. “Where have you been, why did you leave all of the sudden.”

 

Dare not to bring her pair of hands up to return his hug, Riin pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. The pair of familiar eyes she always see, a pair of eyes which Inhwan has gotten from him. She didn’t know what ought to be said.

 

‘Junsu, you knew very well…you knew the answer very well, aren’t you’

 

“Actually, there’s something I need you to help me,” the words were trembling out from her lips. She daren’t to look into his eyes as she continued, “I’m really sorry to appear in your life again and I don’t mean to bring you any trouble when you and Taeyeon are getting married soon.”

 

‘Riin…you know very well that I never want you to disappear from my life. You knew it better than anyone do…and you know my heart has never change, it is still with you…’

 

Junsu wished he had told her what he thought all this while.

 

“Junsu, I may have made a lot of mistakes and I know I have no right to ask anything from you,” her calm face soon was washed away by her tears. “Please forgive me, I know I shouldn’t have bring him to this world…but please give him a chance to stay longer.”

 

He saw the fragile figure before him, “Riin…” Junsu was confused. Seeing her was about to fall, he enveloped her in his warm embrace. “Riin, what happened? You can tell me. I’ll try my best and do whatever I can to help you, but please don’t leave again.”

 

“Save him, please save Inhwan for me,” she cried. “You’re his only hope…”

 

Despite the confusion Riin had given him, he held her quivering body in his arms securely. He wasn’t sure who Inhwan is but by the mention of his name, he could feel a strong connection with this boy with the name of Inhwan.

 

-

 

Stepping out from the elevator, Junsu followed behind Riin who is pacing up to the children’s ward. Stopping before the door of the ward which labeled by the name of ‘Kim Inhwan’. Millions of questions gushed through his mind, he wasn’t sure if his guess was true. Entering the ward, Junsu could see a rather pale and weak little boy laid on the bed.

 

“Mama…you’re back…” the boys smiled as he reached out his arms for his mother. “Jaejoong Appa came just now. He was looking for you, seems rather urgent.” He said with his pouty lips.

 

Encircling his son with her warm hands, Riin chuckled “I’ll talk to him later. How is my boy, feeling better?” she brushed off the fringe that covered the boy’s forehead to the back.

 

“Very much better, I felt more energetic after the soccer game,” Inhwan smiled. “Who is that man? Mama’s friend?”

 

Almost forgotten about the existence of the man behind her, Riin tilted her head over her shoulder. “Inhwan, this is Junsu Ahjusshi…say hello…”

 

“Hi Junsu Ahjusshi…” he waved his little hand.

 

“Hi Inhwan…” he ran his hand through the boy’s head.

 

-

 

“Riin,” he went after her; grasping on her wrist, “Look at me, tell me the truth…”

 

“I know I’m selfish,” her eyes were filled with tears, “but please save him, you’re his only hope. I’ve no other way to save him…”

 

His hold on her getting firmer, “When you leave, you were pregnant, right…weren’t you?”

 

“Have you ever heard of ‘Biliary Atresia’…he was only a few weeks old when he was diagnosed with this disease…” her petite body was quivering in fear and it somehow hurt him badly to see her in such state. “He needs a liver transplant in order to survive. I’m useless for my liver doesn’t match him and last week, the donor refuse to…I have no other options, Junsu. Please save him, I beg you…” she collapsed down on floor as Junsu’s grip on her loosened the moment his uncertainties were confirmed.

 

“Inhwan…Kim Inhwan, he’s my son…” Junsu wasn’t sure if he should be angry with himself. He was frustrated and felt guilty for not being able to be by their side during the hard time they have gone through. He regretted.

 

 

Memories of the past II

 

“Taeyeon you can’t leave,” Riin held tightly on Taeyeon’s wrist. “You can’t be leaving Junsu…he means it…”

 

“About breaking off our relationship?” Taeyeon chuckled. “He won’t, he was just threatening me. Riin, you understand me better than anyone else…this will be my only chance to fulfill my dream.”

 

“But how can you leave him for that d*mn musical offer? It’s not like you’re becoming the lead actress and that…you’re going to get engaged with Junsu…” Riin held on her forehead. “Don’t you remember what you said; you wanted to be with him forever and…”

 

“Riin,” the older girl tried to calm her friend down. “Listen to me, I and Junsu are not engaged. This musical is very important for me. I have a chance to play the leading role so I’m not going to slip off from this golden opportunity.”

 

“So whwat about Junsu…” Riin pointed out.

 

Closing her eyes frustratingly, she heaved a sigh “We have been dating for less than a year, I know he loves me but I won’t forsake this opportunity for him. He would wait for me if he really do love me.” biting on her lower lip, she forced out a smile “And if he is to like someone else, I won’t blame him, he has right in doing so.”

 

“But…” Taeyeon cut her off as she placed her index finger on her lips, “Riin, without me by your side, you have to take good care of yourself. If your father is to cane you again, you need to run away from home.”

 

“I will…” a tear dropped down on the floor as Riin nodded her head. “Taeyeon, I’m sorry for saying that. I was selfish…”

 

“No…I know you don’t mean it, you were worried about me. I’ll be back once the musical ends. The tour will finished within a year.” Taeyeon smiled, “Take good care of yourself, my buddy…”

 

End

 

“Siwon, how was the tests?” Riin asked, she was squeezing with her own hands in fear. Placing his hand atop hers, Junsu flashed a convincing smile. “It will be fine, don’t be too nervous.”

 

“It’s good news,” Siwon placed the file down on the desk. “From the test Mr. Kim had done on blood and tissue type, it shows it is compatible with Inhwan’s. We can move forward to the next test, will you be free today?”

 

“Today?” Riin was surprised. “Wouldn’t it be too soon? We got the results today and we’re to move on to the next test. I don’t think you’ll be able to arrange it…there’re certain procedure you need to follow, isn’t it?”

 

Siwon leaned against his chair, “Jaejoong hyung had talked to me about it, I’ll handle everything and you need not to worry about those things.”

“I see…” Junsu could see a smile on her face. He wondered who the guy is with the name of Jaejoong. Inhwan had called him Jaejoong Appa, he was curious. He wanted to know the relationship between him and Riin.

 

-

 

“Junsu,” she was startled upon seeing him entering the ward. Making her way up to him, she asked, hesitatingly “Thought that you will be here in the evening, you’re early.”

 

Looking at the man seated beside Inhwan’s bed, Junsu just can’t get his eyes off him. “I thought of giving this to Inhwan…in fact I have nowhere to go, that’s why…”

 

“I shall make my move first,” the man stood up.

 

“Jaejoong Appa,” Inhwan held on his wrist. “Don’t break your promise; you’ll need to bring me to England’s Big Ben once I’ve recovered.”

 

“Ya…” Jaejoong ruffled Inhwan’s hair. “I’ll be waiting at the canteen,” he placed his arm around Riin’s waist before bowing to Junsu, mannerly.

 

“He’s a close friend of mine,” Riin broke off the silence as she saw Junsu’s eyes never leave Jaejoong even though he had left the room. “Inhwan…look who has come to see you…”

 

“Junsu Ahjusshi…” Inhwan got up from the bed as he stood on the bed while hands reaching out for Junsu. “I want piggyback…”

 

“Inhwan…” Riin slightly raised her voice.

 

Junsu shook his head; “It is okay.” he turned to Inhwan, “here a balloon for you…”

 

“Red balloon, how does Junsu Ahjusshi know that Inhwan likes red color balloon?” Inhwan held on the balloon happily. “Because Ahjusshi love red balloon when I was in your age…” Junsu picked him up and swung him over his back. “Where do you want to go, Inhwannie?”

 

“I want a ride around the whole ward,” Inhwan shouted, excitedly.

 

Looking at the scene before her, Riin felt her heart was tugging in pain. “Junsu, I’ll leave Inhwan to you then…call me if there’s anything you need.”

 

-

 

“Riin, aren’t you going to tell Inhwan about the truth?” it had been the tenth time Jaejoong had asked her the same question. “Inhwan has the right in knowing who his father is and Junsu-shi has right in fulfilling his responsibilities as Inhwan’s father.”

 

Stirring on the cup of coffee, she calmly said “I have no intention in becoming their third party. Junsu and Taeyeon are getting married soon; everything will come to an end once the operation ends successfully.”

 

“Have you ever listened to what Junsu-shi wants? Is this what he wanted?” Jaejoong rested his arms on the table. “Five years ago you left without telling him that you’re having his baby and five years later you bring his son back and will leave once finish using him, you’re being selfish.”

 

“I know I am, but I have no other options,” Riin raised her voice, she was frustrated.

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “You’re not going to tell him until the very end of time, that’s what you’re planning to do, isn’t it?”

 

Lowering her head, Jaejoong could sense the guiltiness which has erupted inside her; Riin was trying hard on not showing it. “If five years ago I’ve opted not to tell him, five years later, I won’t tell Inhwan about it as well.” Looking up to the person opposite her, she said “ Inhwan will not be able to accept the fact that this father of his will never be able to stay by his side forever.”

 

Tapping on her hand, Jaejoong whispered loud enough for her to listen “You know very well what his decision is. Whether it is five year ago or now, I’m sure he has kept steadfast with his decision.”

 

“Inhwan’s surgery is scheduled on the day after tomorrow, let’s talk about this later…”

 

-

 

“Inhwannie…” Junsu called. “Is Jaejoong Appa very close to you and mama?”

 

The little boy turned to Junsu, “Mama told me that Jaejoong Appa has helped us a lot. Without him, I might not even have a birth cert. Mama also said, Jaejoong Appa loves her a lot but she felt sorry and guilty for not being able to return his love.”

 

“Huh…” Junsu was confused and just when he was about to queries Inhwan, Riin came into the ward. “Oh Riin you’re back…”

 

“I’ve settled the registration for you,” Riin said, “The nurse will bring you to your ward soon…” she explained but receive no respond from him. “Junsu…” she waved her hand before his face.

 

“Yes…I was thinking something…sorry…” he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. 

 

Memories of the past III

 

“You should be there…why didn’t you go to the airport this morning?” a tinge of anger could be hear through her voice. “Taeyeon was waiting for you, she thought you would at least say bye…”

 

“Stop lying,” Junsu cut her off as he held on her shoulders. “I was there and I saw her entered the departure area an hour before the flight time.”

 

“If you were there why didn’t you at least say goodbye? She won’t be back for a year; you won’t be seeing her a year…”

 

Junsu never let go of her, she could feel the pressure released from his firm held on her shoulders. “I waited the whole night the other day, why didn’t you come? Didn’t you say we ought to talk about us, settle things off?”

 

“I’m talking about you and Taeyeon,” Riin stuttered.

 

“I’m talking about us,” Junsu shouted.

 

“There’s nothing much for us to talk about…my best friend is your girlfriend!”

 

End

 

“Junsu…” Riin got up from her seat as she saw Junsu moved about on his bed. “You’re awake? How are you feeling, I’ll get the doctor…”

 

“No,” he grabbed hold on her wrist. “I’m fine, how is Inhwan?”

 

She smiled, “Siwon said the operation was a success but it takes time for his wound to recover.” Holding on his hand, she said “Thank you…thanks for saving Inhwan.”

 

He shook his head, “You do remember that he’s my son too, don’t you?”

 

Feeling uneasy with his statement, Riin said “I shouldn’t be bothering you when you should have more rest. I’ll make my move first.”

 

“Don’t” he held on her wrist again. “I’m fine with you staying by my side,” he gently pulled her hand and placed it against his chest before closing his eyes. “Just stay by my side will do,” he mumbled.

 

Memories of the past IV

 

“Let her go,” Riin’s mother had shouted again as she sees her husband was strangling Riin. She barely get to do anything, “I say let her go, you’re killing her bastard.”

 

“Omma…” Riin choked the moment the man released her.

 

“All I need is money, give me or I’ll kill you!” her father had pulled the woman up harshly.

 

Brushing off the pain she’s having as a result of his dad’s deed, she struggled in helping her mother. “Appa, I’ll give you the money. Please leave us alone…I only have this much.” She gave up.

 

“That’s all you have?” the man yelled. “I’m not in a mood to play this game with you. Give me what you have.” He had pulled her sling bag off her shoulder and rummaged through it in searching for her wallet. “Bit*h!” his hand landed on her face before making his way out from the apartment.

 

“Riin…”

 

She was startled the moment her eyes met the person she had been missing all this while. “Junsu, how did you get to find this place?”

 

“Come with me,” he held on her hand, firmly. “I’ll bring you and Mrs. Jang to a safe place.”

 

-

 

“Thank you for bringing us here, we’ll leave once I find a job and a better place. I shouldn’t be bringing you so much trouble.” Riin said.

 

“Jang Riin,” he forcefully turned her around so that he could have her facing him. “Listen, I’m not going to let you go. Your father is insane are you planning to return back to that place again? He would kill one of you someday.”

 

“That’s my problem; something you have no right in interfering,” she said with her gritted teeth.

 

“Stop being so stubborn, will you? My mum says nothing having you staying here. You can pay her rental fees if you want, so just don’t leave okay.” Junsu raised his voice.

 

“We’re just friends; you don’t have any need in helping me so much.”

 

“You’ve been avoiding, ignoring me for the whole d*mn year, is that how you treat a friend? Ever since that day, I barely get to contact you.” He brought his hands up to his hips, “If it wasn’t Zhoumi, I wouldn’t be able to find you.”

 

“Just stop being so good,” she lowered her head before resting her hands on his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeats.

 

“Riin, give me a chance. She said she’ll be back within a year, but she broke her promise.” Junsu looked down at Riin, “I’ve said we’re done if she leaves. Taeyeon didn’t even give me a call for the past one year…I’m no longer his boyfriend. It’s not a sin for you and me to get into a relationship.”

 

“She’s my best friend,” Riin sobbed, shaking her head no, “I can’t betray her.”

 

“Give me a chance to protect you,” Junsu placed his hand on her face, gently on her soft cheek, “Allow me to have this chance of having you, loving you. Riin-ah…I love you…” he pressed his lips on hers. His free hand held on her neck; gently the kiss was deepened as he felt the same feeling from Riin.

 

End

 

 

End of Part 1

To be continue

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//Best Friend’s Boyfriend Part 1//

 

100529