Open Up

Impossible Expectations [Hiatus]

 

-Open Up-

“Is this some kind of joke?” I chuckled hitting his shoulder playfully.

“No, Miles…I’m serious here” he expressionlessly stated.

I took a gaze at him, observing his every move…looking into his eyes, I studied him thoroughly. Within minutes I knew he was NOT lying.

“Well, you said you’re chest was furry and itchy right? What if…it gets worse?” I began.

“That’s what I am afraid of Miles. I don’t know how serious this can get, have you been feeling weird during the night? I recall hearing you cough really badly at night”

“Yeah, I do…Although I doubt, I’m also a werewolf”

“That’s how it started for me”

“But, it started last year for you, why on earth would it start for me, Now?”

“Haven’t you ever heard, that girls become mature at a younger age than boys?”

“Hmm…I don’t know, let’s not come to conclusions now, we’ll examine each other tonight…and see what the problem is”

“Hah, you vowed to see off that Kim boy remember?”

“Oh shut it, and for you’re information, I will spot him, and I shall show you”

“Yes, Yes, my dear sister. What ever you say”

At dinner, one of the maids served us; and bowed before walking off. I could never remember the names that were given to me, considering there was practically a new maid every day; since some would do mistakes or seduce my father resulting to one word “fired.”

I never really understood why my father hadn’t re-married after my mother died. Perhaps, he took in Yoochun’s feelings? My mother had passed away after giving birth to me, Yoochun was the one who took it in badly, I didn’t know her enough to mourn over her death; I was well a new born.

People say she had some dog disease, since she died with fur growing out from her neck. Other say it was a tumor, some even said it was a beast attack. No one really knew what happened, but I was starting to think that Yoochun and my changes were coming from my Mother’s genes.

“You guys had a good day today?” My father asked chewing his spaghetti.

“Miss Sohn asked me questions, countless of times today” I sighed.

“Oh, yeah? Like what?”

“Well, thank goodness I knew the answers to them all. She asked me what Rights were; I remembered you explaining that to Yoochun one day”

“Oh you have quite the memory, since that was about 5 years ago” he chuckled patting my head.

“I think she’s rather gifted, considering I don’t even remember you telling me that” Yoochun commented.

“Oh Yoochun” my father shook his head, grinning.

After dinner he was out at the hospital again, apparently there was some kind of beast attack like what my mother had been through, and 10 people were sent to the hospital in need of medical attention.

“You think there’s other werewolf’s around this town” Yoochun asked looking up at the Kim’s house in the dark cold air. “Should be, mom left many relatives” I replied picking up a rock and throwing it at the boy’s window.

I hid behind a tree when he opened up his window.

Grinning I climbed up the vines which rolled around the house. Popping my head up “Hi there” I waved with one hand, looking at him face to face.

He gasped and shut the window, to my dismay he shut the window on my petite fingers “AAAAAHHHH!” I shout rather exaggerating since it didn’t hurt that bad.

He quickly opened it, and pushed me in.

“I’m sorry” he quietly mumbled.

“Oh it’s alright” I smiled.

“Please be quiet, my parents are about to leave”

“Why aren’t you allowed to be outside?”

“I don’t know, it’s a family thing”

“Oh…”

“Well, I’m Miles Park, I live right across the street from you”

“I know who you are”

“Right. Forgot. Everyone does” I sighed frowning.

“You have to go, please leave!” he panicked pushing me back out the window.

“Okay, but keep the window open, I’ll be here tomorrow” I smiled hugging him, which caught him by surprise.

“BYE!” I shout jumping out of his window, my feet hit the ground, as pain shot up my legs.

“I’m okay” I whispered to my brother, who looked at me like I was a complete idiot.