Rights

Impossible Expectations [Hiatus]

 

“Miles!” one of the housemaid’s hollered in order to catch my attention in the shower; as I shampooed my pale blond hair.

“I’ll be out in a minute!” I shout back, continuing my task.

Once I stepped out, I found my clothes for the day placed down, ready for me to wear. Blow drying my hair, I stepped out my room, closing the door. As I hopped down the stairs I caught my brother stuffing down pancakes like some kind of mad animal.

“Yoochun” I growled taking my plate away from him.

“Quit being an animal, eat your own food” I finished swallowing down the pancakes, not having enough time to chew.

“I finished mine, besides you’re a girl…girls don’t eat as much; spare me some” he chuckled holding his palms out.

‘Well then, I guess I’m not a girl” I smirked eating them slowly in front of him.

“Now, Now…quit fussing and finish you’re breakfast” My father recited putting the news papers away. “It’s the first day of school, don’ want you guys being late” he kissed my forehead and fist pumped yoochun’s fist before walking out the door.

On our walk to school, we passed by the ‘Kim’s’, they were known for never leaving their mansion unless it was an emergency. Their children were homeschooled, and groceries were brought in for them. It held me curious as to why they wouldn’t leave their house. That’s the weird thing about the Kim’s.

I took a quick glance at the opened window, and caught a boy about Yoochun’s age, gazing at the sun. He caught me looking and immediately shut the window. I thought he looked beautiful.

From the quick glance I caught, he had grey eyes, and dark black hair, with paler skin than I had. It was quite a shock.

“Yoochun!” I coed.

“I saw the boy, the Kim’s son; he’s a beauty!”

Yoochun looked up at the window and saw nothing.

“You’re hallucinating, Miles; the Kim’s would never let their boy open the window” he casually answered chewing on granola bar. This boy, just never knew when to stop eating.

“I was not. I saw him, and tonight; I will make him come out” I vowed, waving Yoochun off and entering my first day of High school Classroom.

Another thing I hated was the fact that EVERYONE, knew who I was. Even the new comers, there had been absolutely NO way I’d be able to make ‘new’ friends. I was known as Park Myungsoo’s daughter/ Yoochun’s sister. Park Myungsoo, the town’s best doctor and lawyer when you needed him. Yoochun was the town’s favorite boy, who was not only loved by the ladies, but also adored by the men, for his helpful work.

Me? Who was i? Just Miles Park. No, not even Miles park. I was either Park Myungsoo’s daughter or Yoochun’s sister. Yes, that’s right. You know what that means? I was the highlight of the first day of school. Yippeee, teachers sure know who to pick on, today.

Like I said, I was looking out the window adoring the autumns wind, picking up leaves which changed colours on the grassy ground. When, Miss Sohn called out to me.

She had on the board written in big letters ‘RIGHTS’

I looked up at her and she pointed at me “Miss Park, What Is Rights?”

She expected me to know the answer, everyone did. And to their luck, I did. “Rights, Is what protects us from each other and the government” I recited, memories flowing back from my father’s adventures.

Every Sunday, after church…he would let us in on all his adventures as a child. I remember him explaining to Yoochun, what ‘Rights’ were. Miss Sohn, nodded at my answer and continued on with the lesson.

Other students snickered at me, and some growled.

Shrugging I turned back to the window observing the out door surprises.

Walking back home from school, Yoochun explained his day, and how he was proud that this was his final year in High School. You guessed it, he was 3 years older than me, surprising…but seriously even I acted more mature.

“Recently, I’ve been feeling so hungry…even when I ate an entire meal fit for a horse” he explained to me. I just listened, it seemed like the right thing to do at the moment.

“At night, I feel a change in me, Miles. A weird change, my chest gets all fury and itchy” his voice shivered, when a gust of wind flew by.

“Fury and itchy? You’re going through puberty” I giggled as a joke. But, he did not laugh, nor move. He turned his head after a while, and said something I never expected any to ever say.

“I think I’m werewolf, Miles” he said in a low voice.

My eyes widened, and my voice got stuck in my throat.