Common ground?

She's Like a Prince

I chewed on my food slowly, furrowing my eyebrows. Sitting across from me was Kai, who kept giving me dirty looks. Did I do something to him? Honestly, I don't get it. 

"So, Amber..What did you like to do in your spare time back in America?" Mrs.Kim asked politely. "Oh, I really like to dance so I spent a lot of my time doing that with my friends, I still dance here just because I like it." I said casually. 

"Really? You dance? Our Jongin likes to dance too. It's one of the only thing he shows interest in, actually." Mr.Kim said lightly. I looked at Kai. "Really? That's awesome, Kai. It's cool to know we actually have something in common." I said cheerfully, quite surprised that dancing would be something he liked to do.

"Yeah..Me too, I guess." He said quietly, looking at me strangely. "Oh Amber, whydon't you go show Kai your studio when you've finished eating?" My mom suggested. Kai dropped his fork. "You have a studio in your house?" He asked, looking genuinely interested for once. I nodded. "Yeah, because there's three guest rooms, my parents had one turned into a little dance studio for me instead as an early birthday present." 

Kai's eyes lit up and a wide grin spread across his face. "If you're done eating, we can go now.." I suggested. He looked at his plate and back to me, then he stood up. "Omma, I'm gonna go with Amber to her studio then, I really want to see it." He said, already walking out of the room.

Not a second later, he popped back in. "Uh, I forgot that I have absolutely no clue where I'm going." He muttered, making me chuckle. I stood up and bowed to everyone before walking out of the room, leading the way upstairs. "You two kids have fun!" My dad called.

Once we'd gotten to the top of the stairs, I made my way over to the room that was right next to mine and opened up the door. "Ta-da!" I sang, being my corny self.

"Whoa, this is awesome! It's simple, but I like it." Kai said, looking around the room. He looked genuinely happy, and that made me smile. He has this cocky air about him all the time, but to me he just seems bored and lonely.

"So, Amber...Why don't you show me what you've got?" He asked expectantly. I raised an eyebrow at him. "You've got it." Came my reply after giving Kai a confused look. Is he expecting me to be bad?

I walked over to my docking station and plugged my iPod into it, pressed play and stepped back into the middle of the room. I began to dance to Super Junior's 'Sorry Sorry'. I know the dances to all the Super Junior songs. Is that sad? Probably, oh well. 

Once the song ended, I walked over to the dock and paused the music before another song could play. "Not bad," Kai said, nodding approvingly. "Sorry, what? Did you just compliment me? Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are experiencing what they call a miracle." I said mockingly.

"Oh, shut up." He said teasingly, I grinned at him. "What about Mr.'Not bad'?" 

He smirked. "Ready when you are." I walked back over to my dock and scrolled through my songs. "Miriotic okay?" I asked, looking back at him. He nodded, so I pressed play. It was like he was in a whole different world when he danced, he paid no attention to anyone or anything around him, just his dancing. He definitely knew the dance like the back of his hand, he didn't miss a single step.

Once the song was finished, I stopped the music again and clapped. "That was awesome." I said sincerely. "I know." He replied proudly, making me shake my head.

"I never pegged you as the dancing type, you know." Kai stated after a while of just sitting on the ground. I laughed at that. "That's because you were too busy sneering at me these past few days to bother actually talking to me and figuring it out." I said simply.

"Yeah...Sorry about that, I just was kind of mad that the new girl was snatching everyone in the school's attention, including the girls. I guess you're not that bad a person, I'll be civil towards you from now on." He said, chuckling. "You guess? Huh. Do you really think I want the attention of everyone in the school? It's kind of weird having a ton of girls come on to you when you yourself are a girl, a girl who likes boys as well. I got confessed to four times on my first day. All from girls who thought I was a boy." I mumbled, Kai laughed.

"Four confessions in one day?" I nodded and we both laughed this time. "You know, for some snobby rich player, you're not half bad." I concluded aloud, Kai raised an eyebrow at me. "And for a very nice, tomboyish rich girl, you're pretty okay as well." He agreed. 

"KIDS!" My mom yelled from downstairs. "I think that's our cue to head down." Kai said, getting up. "No, really? I never would have guessed that my mother's battle cry would possibly mean she wanted us downstairs." I said sarcastically, following Kai out of the room and shutting the light off behind me. 

"Yah, that wasn't very nice." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. I laughed shortly. "Just exactly how old are you, Kai?"

"YAH!!! I'll hurt you I swear!" Kai yelled, I jumped in my spot and sped off down the stairs. 

"Not if you can't catch me~" I sang, hopping off the last step and into the living room. "There you are, honey. Where's Kai?" Mom asked. As if on cue, Kai came stomping into the room. "You, are not funny." He said flatly, pouting like a child.

The parents laughed as they watched us argue with each other. "Okay, okay you two. Stop it with the bickering now." Dad said, he only listened to us fight for like a minute.  "It's good to see you two are getting along so well." Mrs.Kim said, smiling like crazy. Everyone but us nodded in agreement. 

"We've got something to tell you guys." Mom said. "Sit down, sit down." I walked over to the loveseat and plopped myself down, Kai sitting beside me.

"The reason we're so glad to see you two getting along is because it seemed like there was some tention between the two of you earlier, but that's all gone now so there's no worries. We just wanted to tell you guys that our company is going to merge with Mr. and Mrs. Kim's company so you guys will be seeing a lot of each other because of that." Dad continued for her.

"And, we thought since we're merging the company together, why not merge all of us as well!" Mrs.Kim said excitedly. Kai and I gave each other wide-eyed looks. "You're not saying we have to get married, right?" Kai asked, good thing too because it was exactly what I was thinking but too scared to say.

The parents looked from eachother, to me and then to Kai and burst out into a fit of laughter. "Married? Haha! This isn't a drama, you guys. Arranged marriages practically never happen!" Mr. Kim said, wiping a tear from his eye that came from laughing so hard.

"Then if it isn't marriage, what did you mean?" I asked, looking between the adults. "Housemates!! The Kim's will be living with us from now on, isn't that great? Kai and you can both dance in the studio together!" Mom said excitedly, clapping her hands together. I breathed a sigh of relief but Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked a little wary.

"Jongin, honey...Are you alright with this?" Mr. Kim asked timidly, probably because of Kai's cold attitude. Luckily for him though, Kai just shrugged. "It's not like we're living in some run-down old hotel or something. I've got a dance studio I can use as much as I want, good enough for me." He said, yawning after. "Can we go home for now though? I'm kinda tired." 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim nodded. "Yay! This is so exciting, we'll be like one big, happy family." Mrs.Kim said excitedly, fangirling with my mom  as they walked to the front door.

"Weirdos." Kai and I muttered at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed, walking to the door behind them and our father's. "Okay, bye everyone! See you in a couple of days then." Mom said, waving to the Kim's. I said my goodbyes to everyone and Kai waved shortly before stepping out behind them. 

A new housemate, huh? I wonder just exactly how well this is going to go over. Leave it to my crazy, impulsive parents to go out on a whim and think up a plan like this. 

 

Author's Note

Omo, an update! -throws confetti- YAY! This chapter is really short, I know, I know. It's only a filler so yeah. I don't think I'll be able to update again for a little while just because my exams are coming up in two weeks and I've got lots of projects to do, hopefully if everything goes well, I'll sneak an update in next week. What did you guys think of the chapter? I've got a wild list of antics ahead for this story so I do hope you continue reading!