Him.

She's Like a Prince

 

            ∞Chapter One: Part two.∞           

 

-Amber's POV-

I stood in front of my bedroom mirror and puffed out my cheeks. Everything else in my room was pretty much still in boxes, seeing as to I just moved to Korea from Los Angeles, California. Which most people would find odd, since I'm Chinese. The only reason we moved here was because of my father's business, I'd had a couple of Korean friends back home so I'm pretty fluent with the language so it's no biggie.

Today is my first day at Seoul high school and I'm pretty excited, except for the uniform I have to wear. School back home wasn't like this, we could wear whatever we wanted there but I suppose dwelling on that won't change much. I wouldn't even mind the whole uniform thing if the school didn't insist on me wearing the skirt. 

I don't do girly, it's not my thing. My thing is surfing Venice beach, hanging out with my friends and having fun. I'll make it work here, though. I always find a way to make the best out of things.

Grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder, I skipped downstairs and put on my shoes. "Amber, honey! Come eat some breakfast before you skip out that door please." My mother called from the kitchen, sometimes her mom-powers were kind of scary.

I trotted over to the kitchen and grabbed a couple of slices of bread and stuck them in the toaster. "Wow, would you look at that hon'? Our little tomboy is wearing a skirt. Who would've guessed we'd ever see the day." My dad said, coming into the kitchen. I glared at him.

"Dad, you are so lucky for school uniforms. So lucky. This will not ever happen again if it's not for school, okay?" I said, reffering to my wearing a skirt. He just chuckled and nodded. Pop!

I jumped and put my hand on my chest. Every single time that gets me, stupid toasters and their spontaneity. I put some butter on each slice and gave my mom and dad a kiss on the cheek. "Seeya guys. Wish me luck on my first day!" I called, already headed towards the door. 

"LUCK!" They both yelled right before I let the door click shut behind me.

The school wasn't really far from my house, only two blocks away. I got there in no time at all and headed off to my class after recieving my schedule from Administration. When I'd gotten to the door, so had the teacher."Oh, annyeonghaseo! Are you Mr.Jung? I'm the new student, Amber." I said warmly with a bow. Mr.Jung returned my smile and nodded, walking into the classrom and motioning for me to follow.

"Alright class, please take your seats and be quiet. We have a new student joining us today. Could you please come and introduce yourself?" Mr.Jung asked. I walked into the room and was instantly intimidated. The whole class was staring at me, and whispering excitedly. I smiled and bowed to the class. "Annyeonghaseo, my name is Amber Liu. Please take care of me!" I said enthusiastically.

"Alright, thank you Amber. If you could, please take a seat next to Mr.Jongin over there." Mr.Jung said, absentmindedly pointing to one of the boys in the class farther back. As I walked to my seat, I got looks from the girls and the guys so I just kept the smile on my face. 

The person called Jongin scowled at me when I got close and took his feet off my chair, placing them on the ground instead. "Annyeong, pouty face." I said teasingly. He glared at me but said nothing and then eventually turned his attention to Mr.Jung, who was now writing a note. I decided to do the same and took my notebook out so I could write this stuff down.

Once class was over and I went to walk out I was stopped by four really pretty girls. "Hi there, Amber! It's nice to meet you, call me Sulli." One of the girls said with a cute smile. "I know what it's like to be the new kid, I transfered here last year. I'm Krystal." Another said. "We figured we should talk to you since being all by yourself at a new school is kinda ty. I'm Victoria, and this is Luna. I hope we can be great friends!" She exclaimed.

"Wow, thank you for being so considerate! I'd love to be friends with all of you, you seem so nice. Please take care of me!" I said with a smile. Just then our barely-started conversation was interrupted.

"Hi there. Amber, right? My name is Oh Sehun, nice to meet you!" The boy said with a warm smile. I returned it. "Hi Sehun, it's nice to meet you too."

We got to talking and I explained a bit about myself and why I moved to everyone. "Eh? You lived in Los Angeles?! That's so cool. What was it like over there?" Sehun asked, the girls looked at me eagerly.

"Well-"

"YAH,Sehun! Kaja." Jongin said rudely. I gave him a puzzled look which he returned with a glare and proceeded to leave the classroom,  Sehun waving to me and then reluctantly following behind.

"Hey, Sulli..What's that Jongin guy's issue? Why is he being so cold to me?" I asked. Sulli just smiled knowingly. "That's just the way he is. Kim Jongin, better known as Kai and you would be smart to adress him as such, is the notorious playboy of this school, a demon-prince who's ego is bigger than all of Los Angeles." Sulli said in a somewhat disgusted tone.

Kai, huh? I wonder why he behaves like that.. He's probably a rich kid but he doesn't really look so mean to me, he just looks really lonely. Maybe if I really try, Kai and I could possibly be friends.

As the day went on, I just so happened to have Kai in every single class. In three out of four classes I had to sit beside him. You could just guess how happy he was about that.

I'm really glad Krystal, Sulli, Victoria and Luna are there for me though. They're all really cool people despite what others think, they're the richest and most popular girls at school but there's much more to them than that. They aren't snobby or rude, they're kind, compassionate and pretty hilarious if I do say so myself. Despite the whole Kai situation, I was already enjoying living in Korea.

I was at home now, listening to music and trying to catch up  on what I've missed so far in school when there was a knock at the door. "Come in," I called. One of the maids timidly poked her head into my room. "Amber-ssi,  your mother and father are insisting you put something nice on. They're going to have a very important business dinner with the Kim family and need you to be downstairs in an hour." She informed quickly, I nodded in agreement and she scurried off.

You see.. my father works for a large company, hence the maids. He's not one of those people that is so immersed in his work he has time for nothing else however. He makes all the time in the world for my mother and I and I love it. This isn't the first time I've had to attend one of the business dinners, all they really do is talk about stocks and other boring stuff like that.

I wore a pair of completely purple Supra sky-tops I got back home in L.A, black leggings and a  purple chiffon shirt with a white tube top underneath and a silver necklace. I put on some makeup too, nothing special. Just a little bit of eyeliner and some mascara. This was about as dressed up as it got for me.

"AMBER, The Kim's are here! Please come downstairs, honey." Mom called from the bottom of the stairs. I sighed and looked myself over one last time before quickly going down the stairs. Mom wasn't waiting there for me so I suppose she was in the kitchen where I could hear people talking and the smell of food calling my name.

"-Oh, just call me Mrs.L, dear. Aigoo, what a sweet son you have Mr and Mrs.Kim! He's so polite." I could hear my mom coo as I stepped foot into the kitchen. Whoever this 'son' was had his back to me so I didn't know who it was. My mom was facing my direction in front of said son and brightened up when she noticed me.

"Oh sweetie, finally! Everyone this is my daughter. Please introduce yourself, hon." My mom said eagerly. In case you couldn't tell, she has a thing for pet names. I smiled and waved at Mr and Mrs.Kim. "Annyeonghaseo, Amber imnida." I said politely with a bow.

Their son sharply turned around at my introduction and his eyes went wide.

 

"YOU?!!?"

 

"Kai?"