Detention

Trying something different

Cheondung felt like crying. This was only his second day and he already got detention. His father was going to kill him when he found out. A sudden wave of anger passed through him as he remembered how the teacher threw him out and gave him detention for something so stupid. He didn't understand, not one bit, why she hated him so much. On the bright side Mir didn't get into trouble because of him and that was enough to give him some relief. His crappy mood, however, returned after his next period when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Retrieving the device, his brows knitted together when he saw the caller ID.

"Hello?" his voice sounded too guilty for his own liking. There was no answer at first and Cheondung thought he had called him by accident until he heard his father's stern voice from the other end of the line.

"We are very disappointed with you, Cheondung." his words sounded cold and empty and Cheondung felt that wave of anger flow through him once more. They were disappointed?! He was the one who should be. They just left him here without even asking him about it and now he was saying he was disappointed?! He was the one who got betrayed and sent away by his own parents so they had no right to say this. They had no right to make him feel like he wasn't worth anything but they were succeeding and he hated it.

Instead of voicing his thoughts a quiet "I'm sorry" slipped his quivering lips as his hand clutched the phone. Their conversation went on for a few more minutes, his father never failing to remind him how irresponsible he was and how he was putting only shame on their family name to which Cheondung responded with brief "Yes father" or "I understand" or something around these lines.

After the call ended,Cheondung felt like complete , which was maybe his father's plan all along. "Think about what you have done." he had said. Cheondung didn't even know how to reply so he just stayed quiet as his father finished his tirade.

Cheondung, forever oblivious, didn't notice the eyes boring into him while he was being scolded. Just by seeing him so down Mir could feel his blood boil. He didn't want the other to be like this, all he wanted right now was to make him smile

So when lunch came, after buying some food, he plopped heavily onto the chair next to Cheondung and swung an arm around his shoulders

"Dungie~" he sang and cutely nudged the other's soft cheek with his finger "Why aren't you eating?" his voice was filled with aegyo and he hoped that Cheondung would laugh, or at least smile, at him. The latter, however, barely even looked up from his untouched lunch before once again staring blankly.

Mir made a few more attempts to cheer the older up but to no avail and the constant glare from that Seungho guy was pissing him off. Deciding there was nothing else he could do, he excused himself and returned to his friends, who were starting to get curious over the other boy.

When the last bell rang, Cheondung watched his classmates hurriedly exit the classroom and head home while he stayed behind and slowly gathered his stuff. Sighing once again,he made his way out of the room and down the hall to classroom 305 where the detention was held. Knocking lightly on the door before entering,Cheondung mentaly braced himself for the upcomomg hour he would have to spend in this room.

Once inside he was greeted with a cold glare from Mrs Kim who was sitting at the desk with her long arms crossed over her rather flat chest. Cheondung bowed slightly before dropping his bag on the nearest desk and taking a seat,the teacher's eyes never leaving him.A few minutes passed in silence and Cheondung was feeling rather uncomfortable and uncertain of what to do next.

This was the first time he got detention and he wasn't completely sure that he should just sit down and do nothing. But due to fearing that Mrs Kim was going to yell at him if he started asking questions he just sat quietly and tried not to die out of boredom.

The minutes were ticking slowly and Cheondung swore that if he spent one more minute under that never wavering glare, he would surely go insane. And just like that Mrs Kim suddenly sat up from her chair and turned ti Cheondung.

"I have important matters to attend to so I'be leaving. If I see you skipping the rest of your detention I am going to personally make sure you regret it."with that she exited the room,slamming the door behind herself.

Cheondung just listened to the sound of her retreating footsteps until he was sure she was no longer in the hallway but even then he didn't move.

At first he had thought she was trying to trick him into escaping but even though it was not so he couldn't bring himself to leave,fearing the conciquences if she would return, so he just remained glued to the seat under him until he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

Pulling it out he saw he had receibed a text.

From Mir:

Dungie yah~ come down to the second floor.

Cheondung sighed and replied a brief 'I can't.' before lying his head down on the desk.

From Mir:

Why? Mrs Kim is out.

Cheondung's brows knitted together. How did he know that? Voicing out his thoughts in the next text, he didn't wait long for Mir to reply

From Mir:

I saw her coming down just now, come on don't make me wait forever.

Cheondung sighed and started typing his answer. He really wanted to meet up with Mir but what if he got caught? That was a risk he wasn't willing to take. Mir, however, had other plans.

Almost twenty minutes after the last text, the door swung open and Cheondung jumped in his seat, almost dropping his phone.

"M-mir?"he gasped when his friend's wide grin came into view. "What are you doing here?"

Mir's grin became even wider as he aproached the other boy plopping down on the seat beside him dropping his bag on the floor.

"Well, since you didn't want to go down, i decided to come up." He smiled again and reached for his bag.

"Why? Don't you want to go home and rest?"

"I'm guessing you want to do the same but you can't and I just thought you'd get lonely sitting here alone so I came to keep you company."he replied, still rummaging through the bag before pulling out two cans of cola, some snacks and a folded twister sheet.After moving the desks around to make some room, he spread it on the floor beside them and turned to Cheondung who was starring at him with worry.

"Are you sure we won't get caught?" he was still expecting Mrs Kim to burst through the dor any moment now.

"Yes, Dungie, I told you it's safe. I have gotten detention before so I know the drill. She stays for about 15 minutes then leaves with the excuse she has important work to do and doesn't bother to come back. Chill out, will you?"Cheondung felt some reasurance from these words but still kept an eye open towards the door.

Cheondung never thought he coild enjoy detention so much but obviously when he was with Mir everything was possible. It was a good thing they were both flexible and had qick reflexes or else the game would have gotten pretty ugly when Mir's foot slipped and he would have crushed Cheondung, who was stretching for the last green circle underneath him, if he hadn't braced hmself on his elbow in the last minute.

They continued playing until the end of the detention, occasionally sipping from their drinks and just enjoying eachother's company. After a few more games their results were a tie so the duo decided to play one more game to decide who the winner is.

In the end Mir could feel his arms quievering from the effort of holding himself up and it looked like Cheondung was going to win but just as the latter was stretching his left hand to place it on the free green spot, Mir's foot yet again slipped but this time he was able to keep his balance by leaning on the other male, resulting in the boy falling to his face therefore losing the game.

After the detention ended Mir walked Cheondung to his house with the latter continuing to complain about how Mir had cheated and he wanted a rematch. When Cheondung entered his lonely home he felt his heart lighter and the butterflies in his stomach just wouldn't calm down. Who knew detebtion could be this fun? 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyy~ its me again :-D This update was supposed to come earlier but im having trouble with my internet so i posted this from my phone

Hope you enjoyed and dont forget to leave me more of your wonderful comments, they really make my day

Love chyuuuu♥♥♥