Trouble

Trying something different

Awkward. This is exactly how Cheondung was feeling on the way home. Seungho had barely said a word to him and he kept frowning and looking scary all the way to his dongsaeng's house.

"You are coming in right?" the younger asked in a small voice just as they stopped in front of his door, a hopeful smile playing on his lips.  

"It's late, I have to get home." Seungho answered and Cheondung couldn't contain the sigh that slipped past his lips as he mumbled a quiet "ok". Biding their goodbyes, the elder his heel and started walking away, his shoulders seeming awfully slumped to Cheondung.

"Hyung!" he called out before he could stop himself. Seungho was a good three meters away from him but turned around to face the younger anyways, lifting a questioning brow he asked what's the matter. "I  just...you...I mean-" he mumbled, suddenly unsure of how to put his thoughts. 

"Just spit it out, Cheondung ah"

"Is everything ok, hyung?" he asked finally, eyeing the elder with concern.

"Yeah, Cheondungie ah, everything is cool. Nothing to worry about." Seungho answered after a moment of hesitation, throwing the younger an encouraging smile so the younger believed him.

But as he was tossing and turning in his bed, he was not so sure 'everything is cool'. Despite Seungho saying he was fine it was more than obvious that he wasn't so Cheondung racked his brain for answers that just seemed to escape him. 

It couldn't be because of Mir, right? Sure, the two didn't like each other but to evoke such a reaction from such a short encounter was plain ridiculous. 

So a few minutes later, Cheondung found himself searching for his phone in order to call the elder and tell him to grow up but just as his fingers were scrolling down his list of contacts, he decided against it. What if there was another reason? He could be having family trouble for all he knew. 

Placing his phone on the bed side table, Cheondung lied back down with a tired sigh and let much needed sleep overtake him. 

 

A loud ringing sound woke Cheondung from his peaceful slumber. Stretching a tired limb towards the bedside table, he retrieved his phone and answered the incoming call without bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" he croaked out, rubbing his puffy eyes,

"Wakey, wakey, Dungie ah!"  he heard Mir's cheerful voice from the other line and couldn't help but smile.

"What's up, Mireu?" he asked, rolling over to his tummy.

"I'm bored!" Mir whined making the other chuckle. "Let's hang out today. We can go to the arcade or something."

"No, I was there yesterday with Seungho hyung. Let's go somewhere else."

"Hmm...then I'll show you a really special place, ok? But you have to keep it a secret." Mir said after a moment, his voice suddenly turning serious.

"Sure thing." Cheondung answered a little confused

"I'm serious." Mir said "You can't tell anyone about it. Promise me."

"Alright, alright! Just stop being weird." Cheondung whined just as he rolled out of bed and entered the bathroom."What time are we meeting up?"

"How about...5 o'clock?" Mir suggested after a sec.

"So late? I thought you were bored."

"I am but there's still a pile of homework waiting for me. You should probably use the time to study as well."

"Guess you are right." Cheondung mumbled absentmindedly, rummaging through the cabinets in search of toothpaste. 

"You seem off, is something wrong?" Mir asked, concern lacing his voice and Cheondung wondered if he should tell the other about Seungho's weird behavior.

It's true that they didn't like each other but both had said that he could talk to them if he had a problem and this was definitely a problem, but still...What if Mir gets mad at him or something? Or even worse, Seungho finds out that he's been talking to someone about him behind his back? 

"Dungie?" Mir's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Cheondung mumbled, finally finding the toothpaste. "Just looking for something."

"Are you sure you're fine?" 

"I already told, I'm perfectly fine." he assured Mir with a laugh.

After making some more arrangements, the two bid their goodbyes and Cheondung got to work in the bathroom. 

About an hour later Cheondung was sitting in the living room with his hair still a little wet at the ends from the shower, mindlessly flipping through TV channels. Obviously there was nothing good to watch on Sundays.  

Giving up completely, he threw the remote away with a sigh and lazily made his way upstairs, it was time to study. He spent the next two and a half hours his room piled up with homework and just wishing to die as annoyed huffs of air escaped his lips every once in a while.

Once having that done, Cheondung decided it was time to get ready so he gathered his books and stuffed them inside his bag, mumbling silent profanities when he couldn't fit everything together. 

"Stupid books." he mumbled as he was rearranging them inside and fist pumped in the air when he got everything done.

Standing in front of his closet, Cheondung wondered what to wear. He didn't know what kind of place Mir was going to show him so he wasn't entirely sure what to put on. In the end he settled for a pair of light blue jeans and a grey hoodie with white tank top underneath. Styling his hair quickly, he made his way downstairs.

Searching for his keys, Cheondung cursed as his socked foot slipped on the tiled kitchen floor and he almost smashed his head against the counter. What was wrong with him today? He was clumsier than usual, he had already slipped a few times when exiting the bathroom and now this. 

Quickly putting on his shoes, Cheondung gathered his phone and keys and exited the house before he could slip and break his neck somewhere. 

It was already a few minutes past five when Cheondung arrived at the park he was supposed to meet up with Mir but the latter was nowhere in sight. Looking around, Cheondung decided to sit on a bench near by and wait for his companion.

Ten minutes later, Mir was still missing so Cheondung tried calling him but the boy didn't pick up. Removing the phone off his ear, Cheondung frowned and looked around once more but there was still no Mir anywhere.  

Twenty minutes and eight calls later was when Cheondung really started to worry. What if something bad had happened to his friend? Mir wasn't picking up his phone and Cheondung didn't know who else to call. He didn't have Joon's number nor did he know with who else Mir hung out. 

Suddenly an idea popped in his head. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Cheondung quickly dialed the number and held the phone to his ear. The phone was answered at the third ring.

"Hello?" came Seungho's voice from the other line. He sounded hoarse and a bit tired.

"Hyung!" Cheondung almost yelled. "I need your help."

"Is everything ok? Are you in trouble?"The worry in the elder's voice almost made Cheondung smile.

"I'm fine." he assured him.

"Then what is it?"

"You've been in school for a long time right?" Cheondung started, somewhat unsure if he should continue as he heard a suspicious "Yeah' from Seungho. "And you know a lot of people?"

"Where are you going with this, Cheondung ah?"

"Alright listen, " he sighed but continued in a serious tone " I had to meet up with Mir almost an hour ago but he didn't show up, he's not answering his phone and I'm really worried."

"Maybe he stood you up?"

"Maybe," Cheondung agreed " but I just want to make sure he is ok."

"And that concerns me how?"

"Can you contact someone he hangs out with and, I don't know, ask if something is wrong."

"I'll call Byunghee." Seungho sighed after a moment "We'll talk later."

"Thanks hyung, you're the best."

"Tell me about it." Seungho laughed and hung up the phone. 

Once he pocketed his phone, Cheondung was left to his worries as he waited for Seungho to call. A sudden movement on his left caught his attention and Cheondung turned around only to be faced by an almost crouching Mir in the pathway, darkened by the shadows of the big trees. 

"Mir!" he called out, leaping from the bench and making his way towards his friend. 

Upon hearing Cheondung's voice, Mir lifted his head with difficulty which made the latter freeze in his tracks. 

A strangled gasp escaped the taller boy's lips as his eyes took in the appearance of his friend. His bottom lip was split and bleeding, his left eye was red and puffy and not to mention that his clothes were a total mess. 

"What happened to you?!" he screeched, making the other flinch. 

"I guess I just...got caught up in the way." Mir panted and smiled weakly, blood dripping down his chin. 

"Oh my god. " Cheondung kept chanting like a mantra as he made his way to the other male and put an arm around his waist in order to support his body.  

"Mind telling me what happened?" Cheondung asked as he panted from the weight of the other over him "Did you get hit by a truck or something?"

"I guess you could say that." Mir laughed but his hand immediately flew to his side as waves of pain surged through his body. 

"Maybe you should stop talking."

The two walked in silence and Cheondung was feeling more like he was carrying a bag of dirt rather that supporting his friend. 

"Dungie.. I think I'm gonna-"

Mir didn't finish his sentence as his legs suddenly gave out and his eyes fluttered closed. Not being able to handle the sudden weight, Cheondung's knees hit the ground as Mir's body fell beside him.

"Mir!" he screamed, shaking the other's body. "Oh my god, please wake up!"

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DONT KILL ME! (hides behind wall)

i know its been a long time but i still updated right?

im not gonnna start with excuses that i've been too busy cuz the truth is i was just lazy but i promise im gonna start updating more regularly now so you dont have to worry 

also, im really thankful that you still stick around even though im a terrible author /cries/  and i love you for that

anyways, how have you guys been? anything interesting around the holidays? mine were boring lol

see you next update my lovelies

Goodnight or Good morning, whatever time of day it is where you are :D