It wasnt my fault!

Trying something different

 

Cheondung was a little confused when Seungho walked in the locker rooms with him but decided that the older boy was just trying to make him feel more comfortable but when he took his shirt off Cheondung couldn’t help but ask:

“Um, sunbae… what are you doing?” he asked and turned away, his face flushed from embarrassment when he saw Seungho topless. He put his PE uniform and smiled at Cheondung.

“What does it look like? I’m getting ready for gym, which you should probably consider doing since the bell will ring any minute.” he said pointing towards Cheondung’s gym uniform. “Oh, and didn’t we talk about that “sunbae” thing?”

“Yeah but I asked why exactly are you getting ready for PE sun- hyung.” He asked nervously and Seungho smiled.

“Because in this school we have only one PE teacher so they mix some of the classes together and yours is with mine.” He explained, ed his jeans and the moment he slid them down his legs Cheondung turned around even more nervous. Seeing him just stand there Seungho said:
“Your locker is the one to the right.” Cheondung just nodded.

Opening the locker Seungho had pointed, he found a PE uniform which he was supposed to put on. He quickly stripped and put on the uniform. Seungho just fixed his hair and they went towards the gym. He felt kind of weird dressed in this since in his old school they didn’t do a lot of PE so he was often absent from gym. It wasn’t like he didn’t exercise at all but his parents, his dad specifically, thought that it was a waste of time. But he really loved dancing and for quite some time he was able to secretly attend dance lessons for which he paid from his pocket money. So he wasn’t what you could call a typical high school student. Instead of going to parties and get drunk he sat home and studied and instead of doing PE he went to dancing lessons. Some of his classmates thought it was stupid but he loved dancing and just ignored what people said. But on the other hand Seungho seemed to be very good at sports. The minute they walked in the gym someone called for him, and then another one. It seemed like everyone wanted him on his team. Seungho turned to Cheondung:
“Come on, let’s go.”

“Um… no I think I’ll pass, but you go on.” Cheondung murmured.

“Really?! Then would you mind if I…” He started and pointed towards the volleyball court.

“No, of course not.” He shook his head.

“Are you sure?” Seungho asked doubtful that the younger one preferred watching instead of playing.

“Yes! For crying out loud just go play!” Cheondung said nodding towards the people waiting for him.

“Just one quick game and I’ll be right back, ok?” Seungho asked

“Yes now go!” Cheondung spun him around and pushed him towards the court. Seungho smiled and ran to his friends who were starting to get impatient. Cheondung sat on one of the benches and for a long time just admired how flexible his hyung was. And out of nowhere a ball hit him in the face. Blood flooded from his nose and he tried to stop it by putting his hands over his face. With the corner of his eye he saw a boy running towards him and a big crowd after him. When he saw who the boy was he slid from the bench and half crawled half walked towards the door. He didn’t want to be seen like that. But he wasn’t fast enough. When the boy caught up he put his hand on Cheondung’s shoulder to put a stop to his weak efforts to escape.

“Hey are you alright?” he asked with a worried voice and moved Cheondung’s hands from his face and the blood flooded down his chin and dripped on his new PE uniform. The boy’s puppy eyes widened from the sight in front of him. Cheondung’s gaze wasn’t leaving the boy’s face but he was starting to get dizzy. He wiped Cheondung’s face with the back of his hand. The boy threw Cheondung’s hand over his shoulder and wrapped his around the bloody boy’s waist. “Come on. Get up.” He said pulling both of them up. A thick circle of people had formed around the couple watching curiously. Cheondung felt stable enough to stand by himself so he pulled away from the body supporting his weight but he was able to make only a few steps before he collapsed on the ground. He was choking with blood and trying to get rid of it by spitting it in his feet.

“Hey what are you-“The puppy eyed guy asked but was cut of by some teacher screaming:

“What’s going on here?” They all turned their heads towards the teacher screaming. “Mr. Bang what have you done?”

“What? Me?! I didn’t do anything!”

“It doesn’t look like that from here.” She said raising an eyebrow. The boy took a look around. Everything here looked like there was a fight going on. He was standing there with blood on his hand like he had punched the boy on the ground which was now choking with blood.

“It’s not what it looks like.” He explained waving his hands in the air.

While they were arguing a senior boy named Seungho made his way through the crowd and rushed towards Cheondung.

“Jesus Christ! What happened to you?” he asked.

Cheondung tried to speak but choked with blood. And of course just like the teacher he already had someone to blame. But he didn’t have time to deal with him right now. He lifted Cheondung bridal style and carried him towards the nurse’s office not caring about the blood over his clothes. While “Mr. Bang” was just standing there staring after them like an idiot. For some reason seeing Cheondung wrapping his hands around Seungho’s neck bothered him. The teacher grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards the principal’s office.

Meanwhile Seungho kicked the nurse’s office door open and stormed in. The nurse told him to lie Cheondung down and pushed him out of the room. He kept pacing through the hall trying to sort his thoughts out. Actually he didn’t have any idea what happened. All he saw was Cheondung on the ground with a bloody face and that Bang Mir guy in front of him. When he saw the blood on Mir’s hand his mind went nuts. He kept asking himself did Mir really hit Cheondung?! The nice, innocent Cheondung?! And if he did then why? This was all too much for him to handle and he thought his head was going to blow up when the nurse came out.

“It’s nothing serious.” She explained with a calm voice “He just choked with some blood, his nose isn’t broken or something so it’s nothing much.”

Seungho didn’t know what to say. He was just so relieved that Cheondung was fine.

“You should get to class now.”

“But I wanted to-“

“No! You can’t do that.” She said “His nose is still bleeding so he is lying down right now.”

“Oh, I see.” He said disappointed. He really wanted to see Cheondung but if he was still bleeding, he decided he had seen enough blood for today. Seungho thanked the nurse and headed to class.

Further down the hallway Mir was sitting in an uncomfortable chair while the principal was lecturing him how he shouldn’t fight and he kept on explaining how he didn’t do it on purpose and didn’t even punch him. But the stupid principal just wouldn’t listen.

“I’m afraid this was your last warning and you will have to be expelled. I’m terribly sorry, Mr. Bang.” But he didn’t sound sorry at all. Mir kept an even face but inside he was furious. Getting expelled for this?! He had done worse things in kinder garden for crying out loud! And just in time his best friend Byunghee came to the rescue. He flung the door open and calmly walked in. He slowly walked towards the principal’s desk. He looked totally relaxed with his hands in his pockets and polite smile. Not like they were going to expel his best friend or something.

“Good morning principal Smith.” He said his hands still in his pockets. The principal noticed that but just ignored it.

“Good morning Byunghee. Can I do something for you?” he asked trying to imitate Byunghee’s calm and relaxed tone but he was obviously bothered by the boy’s appearance. Byunghee smiled.

“As a matter of fact you can. I hear that my friend Mir is going to be expelled or something.” He said looking the principal straight in the eye. Principal Smith frowned. He knew very well what the boy was going to ask but he still said:

“What about it?”

“Well, I want to ask you not to.” Byunghee said with a calm voice and an arrogant smile. The principal’s face became a shade of red like he couldn’t breathe. He took a deep breath trying to calm himself down and loosened his tie. When he spoke he tried to sound calm but his voice broke down with anger.

“I’m very sorry Byunghee, and I already explained this to Mr. Bang, but he causes too many problems in the school and it would be best if he finds a more appropriate facility to…develop has skills. Both for us and him.”

“Look, Principal Smith, Mir is a family friend and we have been together since kinder garden so my father would not be pleased if he leaves the school, which if he does so will I and you might lose one of the people which help the school so much. In every possible way I would say.” Byunghee said and rested his palms on the desk, his gaze glued to the man in front of him. Principal Smith moved uncomfortably in his chair.

“I-I don’t understand.” He stuttered.

“Oh, I think you do Mr. Smith.” The principal shook his head nervously and looked away like Byunghee’s eyes were burning holes in his head. “No? Then let me remind you that my father is one of the most valuable donators of the school and actually helps you a lot more than you deserve but if Mir and I are gone he will no longer have a reason to do so. So if you want keep things as they are I suggest you leave Mir alone for a while. Did I make myself clear Mr. Smith?” Byunghee asked with a tone that clearly said “I-can--you-up-without-even-trying."

“Yes you did. So I guess Mr. Bang isn’t expelled.”

“That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.” Byunghee said with a pleased tone. “We will be going now. Nice talking to you principal Smith.” He said smiling and pulled Mir’s sleeve as a sign for him to get up.

“Um, hold on, he can’t just get away like that! If I let him do that nether the school council or the students will be very pleased. He has to receive some kind of punishment.”

“Maybe you’re right. But what?” Byunghee mumbled.

“If you don’t mind I have a suggestion.” The teacher which brought Mir here said. He gave her a death glare but didn’t say anything. “Maybe Mr. Bang can be something like a guide to Mr. Park since he is new and that way he can make it up to Mr. Park without putting both of them in a bad position.”

“You know, that’s not so bad. Then so be it. Starting today you will be Park Cheondung’s guide.” The principal said

The minute they exited the room Byunghee’s smile faded.

“Dude that was amazing! Did you see his face? I can’t believe you just did that! It was so cool!” Mir started talking totally thrilled unaware of his best friend’s sudden bad mood and not mentioning the fact that he will be stuck with the new student.

“Well don’t count on it happening again.” Byunghee murmured.

“Hey what’s wrong with you? Aren’t you happy I didn’t get expelled?”

Byunghee sighed “Of course I am but I don’t like using my father’s position to get what I want but in your case it is always necessary.” He said and marched down the hall still in his cranky mood. Mir hurried to catch up with him ‘cause he knew that Byunghee wasn’t done yet.

“I mean what were you thinking punching that new kid? Are you out of your mind or something?” He continued “I didn’t think that you would be so pissed ‘cause he slammed in you. And to be honest it wasn’t even a big deal! Let it go. Get over i-“

“Byunghee! I did not punch him!” Mir snapped. He was explaining this for the tenth time the last fifteen minutes. “We were playing football and I just kicked the ball too hard. It wasn’t on purpose.”

“Oh so that’s what happened. Everyone thinks you punched him so I thought that maybe it’s true.” Byunghee said shrugging. “Sorry Mir.”

“Don’t worry about it. And for your information I even tried to help, but he was too stubborn so I just left him alone.”

“You left him like that?!” Byunghee asked shocked.

“No! Of course not! I would have taken him to the nurse willingly or not but he went with that Yang Seungho guy so there was nothing I could do.”

“Yeah I guess you are right little man. But you need to apologize.” He said putting his hand around Mir’s shoulders. He could sense some tension in Mir’s voice when he spoke of Seungho but he decided to let it go “Now let’s go.”

“Go? Go where?” Mir asked.

“To class of course.”

“Um, you go I’ll catch up later, ok?” Mir said.

“Yeah sure, but what are you going to do?”

“I have an apology to make.”He smiled and ran down the hall.

Meanwhile Cheondung was lying in the nurse’s office with a tampon in his nose. He had said that he was fine but she insisted he lies down for a while. At least until the class is over. So here he was lying on the bed with a bleeding nose and a very confused mind. Unlike everyone else he knew that it wasn’t on purpose. Or maybe it was. But in that case why did he want to help him? This wasn’t getting him anywhere. He stood up and headed for the mirror in the corner of the room. He looked at his reflection and wasn’t surprised that he looked like a zombie. Pale skin, mouth hanging open like in need of a brain for a snack. He heard the door open and turned around prepared to tell the nurse he was ready to go but the sight in front of him left him speechless. The boy from earlier was standing at the door unsure of what to do. His gaze met Cheondung’s and he somehow calmed down. He entered the room closing the door behind him.

“Hi.” He said nervously looking round the room.

“Hi.” Cheondung replied. “What’s that?” he asked when he saw the big bag in the boy’s hands.

“Oh this is yours. I picked your clothes up from the locker rooms.” The boy explained and handed Cheondung his clothes. “Here.”

“Thanks.” Cheondung mumbled and took his clothes.

“You’re welcome.” The boy replied. “So… um how are you?”

“Fine, I guess.”

It was a simple conversation but both of them could feel that the other one is tensed. Cheondung was staring at the boy which was looking at the bed like he found it extremely interesting.

“I’ll wait outside so you can change.” He spoke finally and turned towards the door.

“Wait, what?” Cheondung asked confused.

“I said I’ll wait outside-“

“Yeah, yeah I heard you but what I meant was why are you waiting for me.”

The boy smirked. “Didn’t anyone tell you? Starting today I’m your guide.”

“What?!”

“I’ll leave you now.” the boy said and opened the door. “Oh and by the way it’s Bang Mir.”

“What is?” Cheondung asked confused.

“My name.” The boy said and smirking exited the room.

 

To be continued…