FOURTEEN: DAY FIVE- Weird Encounter

White Pearl

Dara breathed in and breathed out. She was feeling okay and was ready to leave the hospital. However upon hearing that Jiyong, the man who saved her was still unwell, she felt troubled and responsible. So even though she felt oddly scared and intimidated by him, she urged herself to visit and thank him.

 

 

 

 

She peeped first at the door looking if Jiyong was still asleep. Luckily there were no visitors inside. She sighed audibly. Just then she felt cold all of a sudden, her whole body was eaten by a mysterious chill. She instinctively rubbed her arms. She felt so nervous and scared that her feet moved away from the door, however, as she looked up she saw Jiyong coldly staring at her. Maybe wondering as to what she is doing. She breathed in and breathed out again before awkwardly smiling at him.

 

 

 

“Can I come in?” she nervously asked almost choking.

He stared at her like some weird creature. She smiled again quite nervously waiting for his answer. The answer however did not come.  They stood there looking at each other, Dara nervously smiling, while Jiyong, well he is cold. Tired of waiting, she pouted.

 

 

 

“I’ll go back some other time then.” she resigned. Terrified by the way he was looking at her.

He then tilted his head while raising his brows. Without a word or a smile, he lifted his bored fingers and motioned for her to come inside. Disbelieving her eyes, Dara stood for a moment contemplating on what to do next. Seeing her not moving from her spot, he spoke for the first time, “Come in.”

“Ne~” Dara answered as if she was surprised almost blinking her eyes thrice. Without her noticing, he grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

“I... I wanted to thank you.” she stuttered.

There was no reply.

“I saw you swimming to save me when I drowned so, umh, thank you.” she bowed and moved towards the door to leave again seeing that he doesn’t reply nor does he show any emotion. Plus the fact that being with him gives her chills. “Get well soon then.” she said as she held the door knob.

“I didn’t.” he spoke which made her flinch again.

She turned around yet she avoided meeting his eyes. “Ne~?” she asked.

“I didn’t, it was hyung. And I don’t swim.” he explained, his tone full of boredom.

“Hyung? But still thank you!” she smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

He smirked at her. Again he raised his hands and used his index finger motioning her to come near him. But she did not understand. Instead she stayed rooted at her place without looking at him.

“Come here.”

 

 

 

 

It was then that she moved. She slowly walked towards him but maintained a safe distance from him. Her nervousness made him chuckle. While his sudden showing of emotion aside from being cold surprised her making her eyes grow wide.

“Do I look that bad?” he suddenly asked.

“NO~” she shook her head.

“Maybe I smell bad.”

“No~” she shook her head again.

He motioned for her to come near him again. Even though she was hesitating she complied. She dragged her feet near his bed.  It was really awkward. Just by looking at him makes her feel so cold. His eyes were terrifying; she thought and held her breath. All she wanted was to run away and hide from him. Unconsciously, she bit her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong raised his hands with his fist curled in a ball. In a second, she quickly closed her eyes tightly expecting a punch to land on her face. Seeing her expression, he chuckled. And instead of a punch, she felt a soft flicker on her forehead.

“You still want to thank me?”

While holding her forehead that has been flicked, she mumbled, “Yes.”

Without a warning he leaned so close to her, their face so close that their nose touched. Thinking of the witch’s warning about the kiss, she blinked and moved backwards. But she stopped when she felt his fingers tracing her ears.

“Its pretty.” he commented.

“Huh.”

“The earrings.”

“Earrings?” she asked not knowing what an earring is.

“This black pearl on your ears.”

 

 

 

 

 

It is then that she realized what he is talking about. Dara smiled. The chill she is feeling then somehow faded.  

“Yes.” she answered nodding.

“Then can I take it as your gift for drowning with you?”

His sudden request made her furiously shake her head. “Please not this one.”

He seemed really disappointed. “Oh well.”

“You can ask me another thing.” she forced a smile holding on to her earrings.

“I’ll think about it.” With that, he shooed her away.

She was so down that she walked to the door with her head bowed not realizing that Won Bin has just entered the room looking at her quizzically. Just then she heard Jiyong’s voice again.

“He saved us.”

She turned to look at him and was shocked to see Won bin. In an instant she felt so warm. Her heart doubled its pace. And her face turned pink.

“Oh. Hi....” it was Won Bin.

When she came back to her senses, she quickly thanked him without pausing. “Thank you for saving me and Jiyongssi.” She even made a 90 degree bow and run to the door bumping it as if it is not existing. But because she was embarrassed, she continued running even though her head hurt so bad.  

“Who was that?” Won Bin asked shaking his head.

“Hyung.” Jiyong grinned. “She’s that girl who fell on the sea.”

“Ah.” he briefly responded not the least interested at the clumsy girl.