New School

The One

 

The story is going to be in Su Jung's (your) POV unless stated.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

   "Nobody knows how our future is going to be." Someone once told me that. Yes, I agree with him. True, we won't know how our future is going to be unless you’re the God. Coincidentally, that statement pretty much described my life.

 

    " Su Jung-ah, I have something important to tell you," my father said while feeding himself a spoon full of rice into his mouth. It's the third announcement he made this week. Seeing his expression, this might be bad. "Again? Appa, what is it this time? You look serious." I tried to prepare myself for what he is going to say next. "This might shock you a bit." he paused. He took a deep breath and continued, " You have a fiancé." Alright, this time I was not just shock, but it almost gave a heart attack.

 

    "What!? Ap.. appa you must be joking right? 

    "I am not," he said with his serious tone. "But of course you don't have to marry right away. The both of you are still young. We'll wait until you graduate. Besides, you've been to an all-girl school all along. So you don't really have any guy friends. Eomma and appa afraid that you'll be tricked by bad men. This way eomma and appa will be mo," he continued but was cut off.

    "APPA! What is this all about? Have you ever thought about what I feel? You always decide everything on your own!" I was basically shouting my lungs out. Oh yeah, did I mention that I have quite the temper?

   "Su Jung-ah, calm down," my mother said.

   "Eomma, how could I calm down? Remember a few years back appa made one of my best friend hates me? Appa decides who I make friends with, now he even wants to decide my happiness? Appa, what is all this about?”

 

    My father took quite a while to answer my question. “Well, actually… Our company is in a large crisis and we are short of funds. You can say that we are in dept. In order to save our company, I borrowed money from the old friend of mine. He basically paid most of my dept. He won’t accept my money back, so in return as to thank him, he has a son, so…” my father explained.

 

    “Don’t tell me… He’s my.. fiancé…?”

    “Yes. That’s him! His son! ” my father said in excitement.

    “How can you sell your daughter just like that?!” I burst into anger once again.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

   

      That was what happened six months ago. I have been following my father around after school and have been eavesdropping to collect clues about my ‘fiancé’. What I’ve learned is that: 1st, he goes to the Seoul Arts Academy. 2nd, one of his initials is 'Y'. 3rd, he has dimples, 4th, he forgets easily. And 5th, they’ve met before when they were young.

    Today is my first day at the Seoul Arts Academy. Yes! I transferred, from an all-girl school to a Co-Ed school. It's my first time going to a Co-Ed school and my first time I am going to have to talk with boys.

 

    “Are you sure you’re going to that school? I’m a little worried,” my mother asked.

    “Of course! Don’t worry eomma, everything is going to be alright.”

    “That’s right Su Jung-ah, you really don’t have to go to a Co-Ed school,” my father said while reading the newspaper.

    “If appa cancel off the engagement, then I’ll go back to an all-girl school,” I said smilling.

 

    My father didn’t answer me. I knew he wouldn’t cancel the engagement off, this is why I have to go to the Seoul Arts Acedamy. Since we’re forced into this engagement, I am sure he doesn’t want to get married either. I’ll find him and talk it out. He’ll understand. “I am going. Bye!”

 

    I’m sorry Appa. It's not that I am going against you. I understand your situation you’re in now, but I just don’t want to be married to a person I didn’t even know. I am going to find him and negotiate with him, but there is just one problem  I don’t know his name. Appa wouldn’t tell me his name. I just have to rely on the clues that I collected over these six months.

    “First, he goes to Seoul Arts. Second, one of his initials is ‘Y’. Third, he ha–“ I was recalling the clues until I was cut off by someone. “Who’s there?!” looking around hoping it was not a daylight robber.

    “A guy? And another one! There is even a group of them?”

    “Don’t tell me.. You’re afraid of guys aren’t you?” a guy said with a smirk.

    “I’m.. I’m not. It's just weird because I’ve never been to a Co-Ed school before and there are so many boys here..” I paused a while and continued, “Wait! Why do I even telling you this? And what’s with that smirk?”

 

 

 

KAI’S POV

 

I’m guessing this girl doesn’t know much about Seoul Arts. I bet she’ll be shocked after I tell her this.

 

    “Hey! Don’t you know?” I paused

    “Know what?” she asked

    “Know that the majority of the boys in this school is 70% and the girls are only 30%?”

    “Wh.. What?! You’re kidding right? Right?” she said and fell on the ground

 

As I expected. She didn’t know.

 

    “You’re going to be in people’s way if you sit there, and hurry up and report yourself to the office before they kick you out of this school.” I said teasing her.

    “That bastard…” she said loud enough for me to hear. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! I hope Chapter One is good.. Please subscribe and comment. :) It would help me a lot! Thanks in advance!

and thank you to my first subscriber : maariieell