Lay

EXO-K and EXO-M One Shot Collection

This was a request from Tumblr. A/N: I wrote this with Mia instead of _____. This is NOT like I usually write. It's angsty fluff. Enjoy ^.~

 

     You sit curled up the couch, book in hand and a cup of coffee growing cold on the coffee table. You hear the scuffing of shoes outside on the welcome mat and the jingle of keys. The beeping of the keypad rings in your ears, and the door swung open to reveal your gorgeous boyfriend, Lay, his brown hair mussed and out of place. He slipped out of his shoes and shuffled to the bedroom, giving you no attention whatsoever.  You sigh, tears threatening to fall, and you blink them away desperately. Why must we be so distant? You think to yourself as you watch his retreating form. You were too used to this ‘routine’ that you both seemed to have made. You were so used to it that it was like second-nature to watch your boyfriend from a distance instead of curling up right next to him to sleep at night or taking a hot, steamy shower with him.

    A few moments later, you hear the sound of water falling. Lay must be taking a shower now, you surmise, shifting in your chair and craning your neck to see if you could hear anything—and your wish was granted almost instantly. Lay’s gentle and sweet voice began to pour out from the bathroom door, and you felt like you were being serenaded. His voice ceased, though, and you went back to concentrating on not crying. You had a fantastic idea all of a sudden, so you got up and padded into the kitchen, hurriedly filling a teapot with water and set it on the stove to boil. You rush over and grab a peppermint teabag. You knew he needed to rest after his tiring day, so you figured that if you made a pot of tea and left it out, he would drink some and relax. The water began to boil and you quickly took it off before it made any noise.

    You let the tea steep for a while before pouring it into a mug for him, and poured a cup for yourself, so it wouldn’t seem suspicious to him. Lay walked in, and you walked past him just as he spoke.

“Mia, what is this?” Lay turned to you, his brown eyes mixed with unreadable emotions.

“It’s peppermint tea. I made some for myself, but there’s enough for two,” you said, your voice shaking a little. You tried not to let your knees shake, but it was beginning to get difficult for you to remain standing.

“You didn’t make it for yourself. Mia, I know you,” Lay said, and he was about to continue if it wasn’t for you speaking up.

“You say you know me, but we don’t speak to each other anymore. I don’t know what’s wrong with us these days, Yixing, but I can’t take it anymore. I-“ You tried to go on, but the tears wouldn’t stop. You covered your eyes with your hands and felt your knees begin to shake. You fell to the floor, sobbing into your hands. Your whole body shook, jolted with breath-taking sobs.

    You felt warm hands cover your own and they pulled your hands away from your face, revealing your red and irritated face. Lay had sunk to the floor as well, and he was looking at you, worry and sorrow etched in his brow.

“Mia, baby, I’m so sorry,” You heard Lay begin to say, then you saw his eyes begin to grow watery.

“Yixing, don’t cry,” You sobbed, trying to take in a breath. You ended up gasping, struggling to take in breaths.

“I don’t want to see you cry, sweetie. I just can’t take this anymore. I-“ Lay placed his finger over your lips and kissed you quickly, his lips gentle and soft against yours. You sighed, tears starting to roll down your cheeks once more. Lay quickly swiped them from your cheeks and kissed you once more, cupping your face in his hands. He caressed your cheeks with his slightly rough fingertips, making you shiver. You had missed him so much and feeling him in your arms was almost too much for you.

 You felt something wet hit your arms as you wrapped them around Lay. You pulled away from him for a moment to see tears welled up in his eyes. You started to cry once more as you brushed away his tears.

“Sweetie, I told you not to cry,” You sobbed softly, continuing to brush away his tears.

“Baobei, I’ve missed holding you in my arms. I’ve missed touching your soft skin. Most of all, I’ve missed your smile. Can you smile for me, baobei? You’re so beautiful when you smile,” His gentle smile caused tears to fall once more, and you felt your lips lift in a gorgeous smile. You looked up at him and saw him smile for the first time in a few months. You reached out and touched his cheeks with your fingertips, gently brushing against his soft skin for a few moments, before crushing your lips on his with such force, you both landed on the floor, you on top. You smiled down at him and claimed his lips once more. Lay swiped his tongue against your lower lip and your lips parted, allowing his tongue to greet yours and you pulled him closer to you, reveling in his warmth and the comfort you found in his arms.

    He lifted you from the floor and carried you to your bedroom, where he laid you down on the bed and climbed on, kissing you passionately and his fingers snuck under the bottom of your shirt. He lightly tickled your skin with his rough fingertips and you squirmed as he started to tickle you mercilessly. Laughter burst from inside of you and you felt your eyes well up again, but this time with tears of joy. Lay paused for a moment as he kissed the tears that trickled down your cheeks and kissed your lips once more before continuing to make you laugh.