Burning Love

JAGGED OBJECTS and BREAKABLE THINGS

 

“Yes!” Blaze abruptly stood up and got near to the flame, closer that Earth had been. Not surprisingly his clothes didn’t catch on fire though the flames are his clothes. He held his hand just above the fire and golden dust started to fall from his hands and the fire sizzled.

 

The fire covered Blaze’s outstretched hand then the fire stilled and pictures started to appear on the fire. And Blaze started his story…

 

“I’m going to tell you a love story, but it’s not just another love story that Disney or Nickelodeon makes for their movies. It’s not the kind of love story that romantic authors write about. It doesn’t have a happy ending.”

 


 

#2: Burning Love: it is easy to despise what you cannot get

 

Victoria sat on the floor; her legs sprawled in front of her. She was leaning on her dresser, its handles digging on to the skin of her back as she put her upper weight on it for support and didn’t care if it hurts, she didn’t feel pain anymore, no, not with the searing pain inside her chest where her heart used to be.

 

Victoria stared on the white walls of her room, pictures taped on it, it was killing her internally, the pain, to just look at the pictures of them, of Nickhun but she still locked her gaze on them freshly remembering all of their memories together captured in those pieces of paper.

 

The knocks, shouting and begging on her door for her to open up has stopped, but she knows for sure it will only be a matter of minutes before they found the keys to open it, still she didn’t care what they do, and she didn’t care of anything anymore.

 

The pictures on the wall continues to make her feel pain, aching deep in her now hollow chest, it has already dug a hole inside, She wanted to cry but there was no use to it now, she would never have him back no matter how hard she cry, He’s gone for good.

 

She drifted off to sleep and somehow felt someone lift her off the cold floor and lay her on the bed. She felt the barest touch on her forehead. She fell deep onto the darkness.

 

She woke up; they saw that she was awake. They talked to her asked her questions but she ignored their therapeutic bulls and fixed her eyes on the white ceiling. She knows they will give up soon, because Victoria, herself gave up and soon they will realize that she doesn’t want to live anymore, not without Nickhun beside her.

 

Victoria intends to end everything and she will do it. She pretended she’s asleep and they let her sleep and left the room. When everything was quiet and everyone was asleep Victoria stood up and put on her most alluring clothing, she grabbed her car keys and purse.

 

She opened the door grabbed her fur jacket that’s on the back of the door and went out. She saw her brother, a wave of relief washed over his innocent young face. She didn’t let him get close to her and just sprinted out the door with her stilettos in hand. She took off with her Maserati GranTurismo. He can’t follow her, not with his wheelchair down the driveway. She left him.

 

Victoria planned to take off with Nickhun, with her love and she will see to it that it will be done. She imagined they will be together again, whether he likes it or not.

 

“Yes, I’m crazy…” She muttered to herself with a smile. “We all are and I want him badly I could kill” She meant it.

 

She drove to Nickhun’s apartment and waited on the parking lot for him. It was a few minutes before midnight that she saw his car pulled off on the lot three cars away from hers.

 

She walks down the lot with her weapon on her purse. Nickhun noticed her arrival.

 

“Jesus! You scared me Victoria!” he thought she was some lunatic that wants his wallet, but he didn’t know she wanted something more than his wallet. His expression softened when he saw Victoria. “What are you doing here? It’s late”

 

“I want to talk to you properly for the last time. For closure” She told him but of course what she told him was a lie; Victoria just needs to lure him.

 

He agreed after much hesitation and thought. The last time they saw each other Victoria was hysterical and was not in any state to talk calmly. He invited her in a restaurant near and she agreed.

 

“I just need to get something from my car first” She told him, but when his back was on she took the chance to zap him to unconsciousness with her stun gun. Nickhun fell on the stone cold ground. Victoria hurriedly injected him a drug to make him sleep for a long time, enough time for her to transfer him to her desired place.

 

Victoria dragged Nickhun’s body up to the trunk of her car and tied him, his hands and feet are now rendered helpless and immobile. She puts a packing tape on his mouth so that he could not scream when he wakes up.

 

She gave him a long lingering kiss onto his forehead before closing the trunk. She began driving and it was until a few hours of driving that she heard the crashing on the rear end of her car. Nickhun was now awake but she didn’t stop to open the trunk.

 

“Not until we reached our destination” She said loudly.

 

She opened the window of her and lit a cigarette. She connected her ipod to her car’s sound system listened to music to drown out the loud banging and the screaming of Nickhun.

 

“Victoria! Get me ing out of here!” he somehow managed to peel of the packing tape she attached to his mouth. “Victoria!” She imagined that he was screaming her name when they we’re having when they both ride their s.

 

“Soon enough we will be together and no one can stop me.” She whispered.

 

After a few minutes Nickhun had stopped struggling, he have gotten tired or just given up all his weak attempts in escaping. The suffering will end soon and the pain will all go away, Victoria thought.

 

Victoria continued to drive through the seemingly endless road. It was almost noon and she could feel the grumbling and pain on her stomach due to the lack of food but it seemed insignificant and unnecessary for her, she continued to ignore the hunger. She didn’t bother eating because in the place they are headed, food is not needed.

 

They have reached Victoria’s family rest house, it’s still just a few hours past midnight. The place is empty of people, which makes it a good venue for her and her love.

 

She drove through the gravel path towards the garage, She heard the banging again, still his attempts are no use, no one can hear him there but Victoria, she made sure of that. Before opening the trunk of the car she aspirated a few mL of the drug, she needed to sedate him again so she can haul him inside the house.

 

She tied him on the bed and lay down beside him on the bed and hugged him fiercely.

 

“I missed you so much Nickhun.” She slept beside him, feeling the heat of his body into hers. He woke up before Victoria. She saw him looking at her with his eyes warm into hers; all Victoria saw in them were tenderness like the days when he said he loves her. It was so intense that she suddenly felt like crying.

 

“Please untie me Vicky” He said and that did it for Victoria to snap out of the spell of Nickhun’s stare.

 

“No” she said and just lay down beside him. Nickhun begged her to release him of the bonds, but she didn’t trust him enough to do that, so she gave him a paralyzing drug before doing so.

 

He won’t be able to feel his legs. He was angry at Victoria for doing it, then He begged her again to release him endlessly but she didn’t listen, Victoria just enjoyed his presence, she swam in happiness that they are together somehow.

 

When Nickhun realized Victoria wasn’t listening he became mad again at her and started shouting and cursing at her. Victoria just smiled at him, Victoria thought of him as pathetic but she still loves him.

 

“I’m enjoying every minute that I’m with you. Why should I release you?” She laughed. No matter how the circumstances are, all that mattered to her was that they are together at last. “No one else will have you” Victoria promised.

 

“How long do you intend on keeping me prisoner here? Don’t you think the police will be looking for me? They will soon find out you kidnapped me” He threatened.

 

“Why Nickhun? Wasn’t I good enough? Why did you leave me?” She accused him of leaving her ignoring his previous statements.

 

“I don’t love you anymore Victoria” he simply said.

“I don’t believe you! You told me you love me you ing liar!” She was mad for leaving her, maybe even beyond that, she doesn’t know for sure. “Why did you left me bleeding, did you lie to me when you said I love you? ing answer me!” She pounded on his chest.

 

He saw through her and tried to fool her with false promises. He promised her that he will not leave her again and that he was sorry and will come back to her and even stay in this place as long as she wanted to, If she accepted him again and allowed him again to her life.

 

Victoria just nodded but she was not fooled. “I fully intend in claiming you FOREVER Nickhun.” A sigh of relief was what she heard from him. Victoria started removing his ties but he still can’t move because of the drug she gave him. He stayed on bed.

 

“Do you love me?” she asked again.

 

“Yes” He said, but Victoria knows that he was lying. His eyes tell it all. Victoria just nodded again and head down the garage to get the fluid she needed. When she returned he was still on bed.

 

“What’s that?” He asked eyeing the gallon she had in her hands. Victoria didn’t answer him; She just walked towards the bed and spill the gasoline around the bed and the rest of it onto the bed and him.

 

“You’re a bad liar” She said to him. Nickhun didn’t deny it, so she was right; I’m not a fool to let this pass, Victoria thought to herself. She knows now that Nickhun doesn’t really love her anymore. He loves the more, the he was with after me. I just laughed without humour.

 

She lay beside him and pulled her zippo out of the pocket of her parka. She opened it and flicked it for the fire to come out. She stared at the flame.

 

He was begging now but Victoria didn’t let herself hear his pleas. “If I can’t have you. No one can” She just said to Nickhun and kissed hungrily on his lips muffling his screams. Victoria let the fire on her lighter fall from her hand, it came on contact with the gasoline and there was pain and then nothing else but darkness.

 

---

 

The pictures on the flames turned black and then disappeared. Blaze stepped back and smiled smugly his necklace with a vial of ashes as the pendant. He sat down on the ground near the flame.

 

“Ah the tragedies of love” Earth sighed then glanced sideways to his sister Storm. She gritted her teeth.

 

“My siblings, remind me again to kill Eros after winter passed” Storm said bitterly. She was once struck by Eros’ arrow and for a year she suffered love over someone and she can’t even produce even one small hurricane. It infuriated her.

 

Ice chuckled. Storm glared at her, Ice just shrugged “It’s your turn now my lovely sister. What have you got for us this time?”