Gory Tempest

JAGGED OBJECTS and BREAKABLE THINGS

 

Ice chuckled. Storm glared at her, Ice just shrugged “It’s your turn now my lovely sister. What have you got for us this time?”

 

Storm stood up and came near the fire and with a swipe of her hand it was extinguished but the fire wood continued to burn, embers of light, like coal. Smoke billowed up to Storm’s outstretched hand and the smoke seemed to solidify and images started flickering fast then slowed and stopped. Storm’s eyes became all white when she spoke and then begins her story…

 

“I don’t hate love, hate is a strong word and the existence of hate placates the existence of Love. I can’t tolerate love. This story will show one of the many reasons why I don’t want to tolerate love, why I swore into maidenhood all through my immortality. This story is about a girl who fell in love.”


 

#3: Gory Tempest: Do not trust flatters

 

Dara didn’t fit in, she never tried if it means being like the girls in their school which she calls The Barbie Dolls. She wears differently compared from the other kids in their town and in their school. She usually wears a black vinyl shirt lined with cobweb lace, fishnet gloves that goes up until her elbows, and ripped skinny black jeans. Or a frayed black mini skirt and black Victorian corset. She always paired them with black combat shoes with black knee high socks. The ensemble is complete with her black lip liner and nose ring.

 

She was an outcast but she chose it to be that way. She keeps to herself, with her skull candy headphones and gothic music. She didn’t have friends in school they think she’s weird but she just value her individuality. She didn’t want to be a clone of what society deem acceptable.

 

She was naturally blonde but she colored her hair black because being blonde makes her look like the Barbie Dolls, the It Girls of their school which was led by Bom the head cheerleader. She’s the epitome of princess she was what every girl in school wants to be and she’s every guy’s dream come true. She and her band of cheerleaders CL and Minzy particularly makes her remember how big of a freak she is. They are Dara’s nemesis.

 

One day TOP, Bom’s ex-boyfriend came up to her at lunch and sat down on the table with Dara. Bom and TOP broke up a year ago but he’s still of limits from other girls if you don’t want the whole student body to give you hell. Bom has everyone wrap around her perfectly sculpted fingers with perfectly manicured fingernails on them.

 

“What the hell are you doing sitting on this table?”

 

“Why? Is this the reject table?”

 

“No. This is self-exile territory. You’re not welcome”

 

“I’m exiling myself so that makes me suited here”

 

“This is my self-exile territory. Find your own”

 

TOP pulled out a black marker and vandalize on the table. He drew a line that divided the table in two portions. “Now that’s your self-exile territory and the other side is mine. Are we good?”

 

Dara ignored him. As long as she’s undisturbed and she has her peace she’ll tolerate TOP. Dara was confused though, he was one of the popular guys in school and he has his friends but right now his friends are in a different table.

 

Something is up. She thought but she wouldn’t know what’s really up until it was too late.

 

TOP just quietly eats his lunch and she saw him glancing at her when he thought Dara wasn’t looking. It was unsettling for her but then she just ignores him and ate her lunch and patiently waited for the bell that signals the end of lunch time.

 

“Hey” He called for her when she stood up. Dara ignored him “Dara!” He called her louder this time. “Sandara Park!!” He shouted and grabbed her on the arm.

 

“What?!” Dara yanked her arm back and glared at TOP.

 

“Thanks for letting me sit with you” He said his expression softening.

 

“I didn’t let you. You sat on it on your own accord. You’re still not welcome I’m just not the violent type” Dara said.

 

“Still Thank you. I know I haven’t treated you the way you should be treated.” He walked back and Dara was left her black lips agape at what she heard TOP said. What happened to the real TOP? has he been abducted? She thought to herself and her lips pulled up into an involuntary smile.

 

Everyday TOP sat down with her at lunch and sometimes his friends joins him. She just ignores them but what she can’t ignore and overlook was Bom and her two tails CL and Minzy. One afternoon they came to the table and dump something on her when TOP wasn’t on the table yet. They called her freak, dark and everyone in the cafeteria laughed at her.

 

TOP came to her rescue and castigated Bom and her friends. Saying Bom went ballistic at TOP defending her was putting it mildly.

 

“Stop this Bom or I’ll have to report you in the office. I swear to God if you don’t leave Dara alone you’ll be kicked out of this school faster than you can snap you fingers”

 

“How dare you side with that freak show? What kind of voodoo did this witch did to you huh TOP!?”

 

“She did nothing! That’s why leave her alone!”

 

“You can’t do this. I won’t let you! You’re mine!”

 

“Let me get one thing straight with you Barbie Doll I’m not ing yours! We broke up a year ago! Move on because I have!” TOP said loudly earning gasps and chuckles from the people in the cafeteria.

 

That’s the moment when Dara considers TOP as her friend. She was happy for the weeks that followed and spent some of her time with TOP but it will not last, it’s a short lived happiness.

 

They talk about school, weather, his friends, music, mostly music. The one they have in common is they both like music, they exchange song recommendations. Soon Dara was slowly falling in love with the TOP she now comes to know. He was kind, caring and funny and he didn’t treat Dara as if she was a freak. He didn’t even tell her to lose the black clothes and lispstick, he even thinks the nose ring is quite hot. He made Dara feel special, always tell her that she’s unique and he likes it about her, that she’s beautiful the way she is and other flowery and flattering words.

 

They started going out, first to movies then they had dinner and they just hang out in the park below their favorite tree. The first time they went in the park they flew a kite and since then they just enjoyed the shade under the tree and watching the people while listening to music. In all their dates TOP didn’t press her into doing something she didn’t want.

 

The first time TOP kissed her was after they had dinner out. They were out, in the porch of Dara’s house. The kiss was lingering but swift and chaste almost innocent. Dara’s heart swelled. She was really in love with him. She didn’t know a certain night will come to end her happiness.

 

“Hey there’s a party at GD’s house.”

 

“What’s the occasion?”

 

“It’s his birthday. I want you to go with me If you like”

 

“Of course. I’d like that very much” Again he gave her a choice, she can say no but she didn’t because she can’t say no to him especially after everything he has done for her. Dara knows she’ll do anything for TOP now. He loves him and she knows he loves her too.

 

She should have said no and stayed home.

 

So they drive to GD’s house, the place is already packed with people from school and other people she doesn’t know or recognize from town. There were beers, food and smoke. Some are on the swimming pool and everywhere you look someone is making out.

 

GD, Taeyang Daesung and Seungri were all on the living room with drinks and with their girlfriends. When they saw TOP and Dara they smiled and invited them to join in and they drink beer. Dara wasn’t much of a drinker and after a few cups she was woozy and hot all over.

 

“Are you okay?” TOP asked her with genuine worry.

 

“I don’t feel well TOP” she whispered to him.

 

“She’ll need to lie down. She doesn’t look she’ll hold up much longer” Taeyang suggested.

 

“Use the guestroom up” GD said and tossed TOP a key. He muttered thanks and there was a quiet exchange between them then TOP nodded in understanding.

 

TOP helped her up the stairs by passing couples exchanging spits. Dara wanted to go home but she decided to let the dizziness pass before attempting a ride home without involving puking.

 

He lay Dara on the bed suddenly the rooms becomes hot for her like she was on fire. They locked gaze. He leans into her Dara closes her eyes, the slow kiss warped into something deep and passionate, their tongues moving together, dancing between they mouths.

 

“Are you sure?” TOP asked and she knows what he is asking and she doesn’t hesitate.

 

“Yes” she answered “I love you” and they resume where they left off. Soon their clothes are around them. She gave to him herself willingly and at that time she has no regrets.

 

Dara woke up sore but happy and TOP was nowhere in sight. She put her clothes on but her are missing but she couldn’t find it. She trudges quietly down the stairs to look for TOP and ask if He has her . She found TOP on the living room with his friends. When he saw her He smiled and gave her a hug and kissed her nose.

 

“Dara there’s something different with you this afternoon” GD deadpanned.

 

“It must be because she has no black lipstick on her” Taeyang observed.

 

“No, it’s more than that. Are you… You’re almost like…I don’t know glowing?” GD said in a nefarious way.

 

Daesung snickered and Seungri playfully jabbed his elbow on Daesung’s rib to silence him but he has a goofy grin on his face. Maybe it was that obvious what they did. She thought. It doesn’t take a genius to put it all together. What would a drunken boy and a drunken girl do in a room alone? Play chess? Please. But she was ashamed and glance at TOP nervously and he was gritting his teeth.

 

“Cut it out guys” he chastises his friends.

 

The chuckles and snickers are now full blown laughter.

 

“Hey did TOP tell you about a certain bet?” GD asked her feigning nonchalance.

 

“GD, stop” TOP warned his face turned dark.

 

“What bet?” She glances at TOP, his face was blank and he wouldn’t even meet her eyes. He removed his arms around Dara.

 

“We had a bet you see. If he could make you fall in love with him. It seems that he did he gave us proof and we saw everything for ourselves”

 

Just on cue Seungri opened a laptop and played something and face the screen towards her. All of Dara’s blood drained from her and she fought hard not to cry. They videotaped her with TOP having .

 

“What the have you done GD?” TOP didn’t know.

 

She glanced around and they we’re all smirking except TOP who was begging her to let him explain everything. Dara then saw Taeyang was holding her stretching it in front of him.

 

Dara grabbed her and she went for the laptop. No one moved, she immediately deleted the video.

 

“You think we are stupid? We have backups ” GD said and laughter resonated around, again and again mocking her.

 

“Why? I haven’t done anything to you, to any of you to get treated this way!”

 

“Who says we have a reason? We just do no buts or whys” GD said with a smug look on his face. “We like challenges and you seem untouchable and I want to change it”

 

“You all will pay for this! Especially you TOP. Soon you’re all going to bleed and no one will hear your pleas”

 

She ran out and she heard their fake gasps of horror and then followed by laughter, Laughter that pierced through Dara’s heart.  TOP tried to come after her but she didn’t stop and let him explain. She has been played; she fell for a sick joke.

 

She told no one about what happened, not even her hippie Aunt who takes care of her. Her parents are divorced and have their own families and no one volunteered to take her in. TOP keeps on calling her on the phone and texting her. She hates him, she hates them all but she will not back down she will not let them see her crumble. The next day she was brave enough to attend school but then it was a bad idea. People seem to stare at her, they whisper and jab their fingers to her when she wasn’t looking.

 

She entered her classroom and walking towards her seat she gasped. All her classmates are stifling laughs and some have disgusted looks on their faces, some just stared. She found out what all the fuss was about her video with TOP was going viral throughout school.

 

She ran out the room and revenge in mind.

 

---

 

Storm stopped abruptly and glowing burnt wood suddenly burst into flames but she remained standing close by the fire. She didn’t go further, she was contemplating on something.

 

“Storm what happened next?” Earth asked, being impatient again thinking of his flowers and fruits.

 

“Well… I kind of interfered” Storm said, a nefarious grin broke in her face. No hint of remorse to what she did.

 

“How…?” Ice asked thoroughly perplexed.

 

“Why did you do that?” Blaze accused her. “You know the rules sister. How could you!”

 

“Rules are for the weak!” Rancor is evident on Storm’s statement covering her hurt for the judgement of her siblings.

 

“That’s against the order of the universe sister” Earth boomed.

 

“Listen to the rest.” Ice simply said with boredom patent on her icy exterior.

 

“I didn’t take away the natural balance of the universe. If I did I wouldn’t be sitting here right now would I my beloved brothers?” Storm retorted, of course only Ice would stay bland, she didn’t even move an inch, she’s rational  and didn’t judge storm right away that’s why Storm like Ice more that their brothers.

 

Storm sat on her tree stump. She didn’t show the pictures to them but once she was seated she continued.

 

“That night she went to the park, Dara stayed under the tree that she and TOP used to hang out. It was raining hard her tears mingling with it. The cold weather akin to what she is feeling inside, enveloping her.”

 

“A gothic like her has knowledge small but enough, her ancestors are of Wiccas, her mother’s mother taught her things but she never believed it so she didn’t take it seriously. Soon her mother found out about the witchcraft (which she doesn’t believe also) and banned her mother to teach Dara until the old witch died; Her will to gain retribution made her try, Even things she doesn’t believe in just to have her revenge.”

 

 “She did one of her incantations, she practiced black magic and witchcraft but that night she has one particular goal. She offered her blood in the rain and called out the Dark but I was the one who heard her. If it wasn’t raining, I wouldn’t feel her blood, her life calling.”

 

“You appeared to her” Blaze said more like a statement or realization than a question but Storm still answered. “Yes but not in my real form”

 

Earth nodded. “Of course, or else you’ll turn her into bits”

 

Storm continued giving her brothers don’t-interrupt-me-again-or-else look “Dark didn’t care about her; He was busy with…er…something so I welcomed her summoning and made a deal with her. Her mistake was she agreed to it without asking for what I would want from her. She didn’t even want to know my name she wants revenge. I gave her the chance and it’s up to her if she’s going to take it or not either way if she grabs the opportunity or not I will get what I want”

 

“She killed them.” Earth said, nodding in approval.

 

“Dara hanged TOP on the tree and drowned his friends on the lake during the storm. They bleed during the storm and no one heard their pleas. I told Dara I will come to collect when the time is right and I also told just after she killed them that TOP didn’t know what GD planned and that TOP did love her truly”

 

“So cruel as ever Storm” Earth smirked.

 

“I aim to displease” Storm said with a bow.

 

“So what did you get from her?” Blaze asked, giving her a toothy grin. What does a mortal have that could be offered Storm? A token to give to her, her brothers didn’t know but Ice had an idea and for the first time that night the aloof Ice smiled.

 

Storm got what she wants but still stayed true to her vow of maidenhood. “Ow I will get it soon. It’s almost 9 months.”

 

No one made a noise, even the nocturnal creatures of Earth’s realm kept silent.  It’s like the time stopped. Storm smiled.