Baby...please

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

"Baby...please."

 
She begged. I looked at her, tears where slowly falling. Then it hit me, I recognized her. She was my mom. Guilt rushed over me as I ran to her side.
 
"Umma, please forgive me. Don't cry!"
 
I pulled her into a hug.
 
"Jinki? Did you just call me umma?"
 
"Yes umma, I did, I remember you now."
 
I smiled at her. Her eyes started to water more. She pulled me closer to her.
 
"Oh, Jinki, you, don't, know, how long, I've, waited, to hear, you, to call, me, that, again."
 
She said in between sobs. I squeezed her tighter and inhaled her familiar scent. She still smelled like vanilla lavender.
 
"Umma."
 
I said once her tears started to slow down.
 
"Yes baby?"
 
"I missed you, so much. I'm so glad I have you back."
 
She my hair.
 
"I'm glad to be back, I'm sorry I let you go."
 
She started to sing a familiar tone.
 
"When mother goes out to collect the oysters,"
 
 I scanned my memory for the song and quickly remembered it. It was the song she would sing to me when I missed her. I started to sing with her 
 
"The baby stays alone at home. When the waves sing a lullaby to him. Using his arms as a pillow, he falls asleep. Although the baby is sleeping peacefully. The noisy seagulls make the mother's heart anxious. She puts her half-full basket on her head. And the mother ran on the sandy road to her baby."
 
We finished the song together. 
 
"I'm glad you remember the song."
 
She smiled at me. My heart felt full. It feels so nice to be able to hold my mom again, I never want to loose her. 
 
"Umma, what happened to halmoni and hal-abeoji?"
 
"There at home, safe."
 
"Do they know where I am?"
 
"No, I don't think so."
 
"Umma, we have to go see them, today."
 
She sat their in silence as I waited for an answer.
 
"Alright, but we have to bring someone with us."
 
"Why?"
 
"Jinki, you have hundreds of people trying to take you away, you're a special young man."
 
She ran her hands through my hair. 
 
"Alright, well go get him."
 
"Okay, give me one second."
 
She leaned over an pushed a button on her phone.
 
"Choi Siwon, please come to my office immediately."
 
She said very clearly and pushed the button again. She looked at me.
 
"Jinki, run down to your room and get your shoes."
 
"But I don't know where it is."
 
I stated quietly. She let out a soft laugh.
 
"It's two doors down on the right."
 
"Okay, I'll be right back."
 
I jumped up and headed to the door.
 
"Jinki, be careful."
 
If it wasn't for that I'm accident prone, I would of rolled my eyes but I nodded my head and walked out of the room. 
 
As I took the short walk down the hall, I wondered who's room was between my mother's and mine. 
 
Once I reached my door, I pushed it open. It was the same as I left it. I scanned the room for my shoes and spotted them in the corner. I walked over to them and pulled them out of their place and walked back to my bed. Sitting down, I picked up one of my black converse, loosing them up so I could slip my foot in. Once I did that, I put my foot on my lap, put the shoe on then tied it. Repeating the same actions with the other foot.
 
I stood up and walked back to my mother's room. I entered them room and saw a tall muscular man talking quietly to my mother, neither of them noticing my presence, I cleared my throat. My mother looked up and smiled at me.
 
"Ready?"
 
I nodded my head and we left the room.
 
*At Onew's grandparents house*
 
We all stepped out of the car and headed up the walk. When we reached the door, I knocked twice and let myself in
 
"Halmoni! I'm home!"
 
I shouted as I kicked off my shoes and walked into the living room. My grandma and grandpa were seated on couch, napping. I gently shook my grandpa.
 
"Hal-abeoji, wake up."
 
He jumped slightly and looked for the person the disturbed his sleep. He noticed me and jumped up, pulling me into a hug.
 
"Oh Jinki, my boy, you're alright."
 
I squeezed him before I let go.
 
"I am."
 
I looked over at my grandma who was still fast asleep. She was a heavy sleeper.
 
"Where did you go?"
 
"I don't know exactly."
 
I turned around to look for my mother for an answer.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
I ignored his question and looked for my mother in a slight panic.
 
"Umma?"
 
I walked back into the foyer. She was standing there looking at a picture, with Siwon in front of the door. She had her sunglasses pushed up on to her head, which pushed back her hair. I noticed that her eyes were watery. I walked over to her to see what picture she was looking at. 
 
It was the one of her, my father, and I at the zoo. It was the last picture taken of us three. 
 
"Jinki, where did you r-"
 
My grandpa stopped mid-sentence when he spotted my mom.
 
"Eun Kyung?"
 
"Appa."
 
Tears fell from my grandfathers eyes. He ran to my mother and pulled her into a hug. 
 
"My baby, she's alive! My baby's alive. Praise the Lord for this wonderful miracle! She's alive!"
 
He cried harder and repeated these words. I smiled happily. He pulled away and started to briskly walk down the hallway, dragging my mom behind him
 
"Your mother, we need to go wake your mother."
 
We all followed him into the living room. My grandfather quickly shook my grandmother awake. When she noticed my mom, she let out a cry of joy. Running over to my mom, she repeated the same actions as my grandfather.
 
Once they stopped fussing over my mother they pulled her down onto the couch, practically sitting on top of her. They shared few words but mostly embraced each other. 
 
"Umma, appa, I need to talk to you."
 
My mother looked over at me. 
 
"Jinki baby, why don't you go to your room and pack your things."
 
I wanted to protest but I knew I'd loose this battle so I let out a small sigh and walked into my room. Once in my room, I laid on my bed, enjoying the familiar feeling. There's nothing better then your own bed. 
 
I quickly got up, knowing that I'd fall asleep if I laid here much longer. I walked over to my closet and pulled out the suitcase that sat in the back of my closet. Setting it on my bed and opening, I wondered what I should pack first. I decided to go with clothes. I walked back to my closet and grabbed handfuls of clothes. Tossing them on my bed, I folded them and put them in the suitcase. I then grabbed my electronics, laptop, cellphone, chargers for each of them and my camera. After they were in a went around and grabbed my favorite books and some I haven't read. Now my suitcase was full. I let out a frustrated sigh as I zipped it close. This was definitely not everything I wanted to take. I walked out of my room and into the living room where the main closet was located. Paying no attention to my family and Siwon, I opened the closet and reached towards the back, pulling out an slightly smaller version of the suitcase that I already had. I carried it back to my room and placed it by the other one. Opening it and quickly filling it with pictures, some blankets my grandma made me and stuffed animals. I scanned through my memory, going through the quick mental list I made of what I needed to pack. 
 
"Oh yeah! Socks, boxers and toiletries! Duh!"
 
I opened my drawers and pulled out socks and boxers and stuffed the in my full bag. 
 
"I have to much stuff."
 
I grumbled to myself as I walked to the bathroom. Getting my toothbrush, two things of toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, face wash, mouth face, hair brush, and baggies of Q-tips. I really hope my grandparents don't mind that I'm taking so much. 
 
"Nah, they won't."
 
I said quickly brushing it off. 
 
As I stuffed the last items into the bag, I zipped it close then it hit me. 
 
"Halmoni! Where's my ukulele?"
 
I asked as I walked back into the living room. She tore attention away from the conversation and looked at me with red eyes. 
 
"It's on the dinning room table, yeon-in."
 
She said softly. I nodded and walked over to it, opening it,  I smiled that nothing had happen to it.
 
"Jinki"
 
My grandfather called from the living room. I closed the case and carried into the living room with me.
 
"Ne hal-abeoji?"
 
I asked once I entered the room.
 
"Sit down here and play me that song of yours."
 
I nodded my head and sat down, getting my ukulele out of its case, I quickly tuned it and started to sing. 
 
Once I finished, everyone clapped for me.
 
"Your voice is beautiful."
 
Siwon said with a smile on his face. 
 
"Thank you hyung."
 
I bowed slightly and smiled. 
 
"Are you finished packing?"
 
My mother asked. 
 
"Ne umma."
 
"Siwon will you fetch Jinki's suit cases?"
 
"Ne noona."
 
"Umma, I can get them."
 
I pouted slightly.
 
"No don't worry Onew-ssi, I got it."
 
"Thank you hyung."
 
I bowed slightly and turned my attention back to my family. They were all staring at me. 
 
"What?"
 
I asked feeling slightly uncomfortable.
 
"Come here Jinki."
 
My grandfather said I got up and walked over to him. He pulled me into a hug. 
 
"I'll miss you boy, be safe and I love you."
 
He squeezed tighter before letting me go. 
I
"I love you too hal-abeoji."
 
My grandma pulled into a hug, holding me close. 
 
"I love you yeon-in."
 
I felt my shoulder get wet. I pulled away and noticed that my grandma was crying. I quickly wiped away her tears. 
 
"Don't cry halmoni."
 
I pulled her into another hug. 
 
"I love you too."
 
I whispered just loud enough for her to hear. She released me from the hug and ruffled my hair with a smile. I straightened up and noticed Siwon standing there with a sad expression on his face. I cleared my throat.
 
"Ready?"
 
I asked. My mom shook her head and got up and hugged my grandparents. We soon all headed to the door and put on our shoes. As we walked out to the black SUV, my grandparents said goodbyes as we got in. Once I was in, I put on my seat belt and waved to my grandparents. We started to pull away and I watched them until they were nothing but dots in the distance.
 
-------------------------------------
 
A/N 
 
Sorry nothing really dramatic has happened yet, I'm still trying to build everything up. 
 
Hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to comment! 
 
Here's the link to the lullaby Onew and his mother sang together 
 

http://youtu.be/RGZMVQkCi3g