You still have that condition

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

 

I know that voice anywhere. Plus there was only one person who called me Onew.
 
"Taemin? Is that you?"
 
He sent me a small smile
 
"Yeah hyung, it's me."
 
I quickly made my way over to him and embraced him into a loving hug. I quickly pulled away so I could get a better look at him, only leaving him an arms distance away.
 
"Ah little Taeminnie, you're all grown up with, red hair." 
 
I picked up a few strands hair, not sure how I felt about it but quickly smoothed them down and caressed his cheek. Without hesitation, I slapped him slightly. 
 
"Yah! It's been two years since the last time I  saw you! No text, call or anything. What's up with that?"
 
He let a small sigh but covered it with a smile. 
 
"Well hyung, you know I moved,"
 
I nodded my head as I listened to his excuse. Taemin may be sweet and innocent but can very lazy if he doesn't have someone giving him a little push. 
 
"To Seoul, my hometown."
 
I let out a laugh 
 
"Yes Taemin, I know but that doesn't tell me anything."
 
I watched as he nervously twirled his thumbs together. He looked as if he was not telling me something. He opened his mouth, to say more but was cut off by the sound of screeching tires. I covered my ears and looked to where the sound was coming from. A midnight black hummer is what caused this noise. I watched as it raced down the street. 
 
"."
 
I heard Taemin curse under his breath. Before I could ask what was going on, he grabbed my arm and told me to follow him. Unwillingly following him, we ran in between house. After about ten minutes I grabbed Taemin's arm and stopped
 
"Taemin whats going on?"
 
"Look, Onew, we can't stop. I'll tell you when we are safe." 
 
I went to protest but was interrupted by a bullet flying by our heads. We both ducked.
 
"Just follow me, I'll explain more when we are safe."
 
I nodded my head and followed him down the street. The sound of tires squealing and gun shots rung in the night air. It was surprising that no one got up to investigate. As we went to go around a street corner, a gun shot went off and a few seconds later, I felt an abrupt, harrowing  pain    course through out my body. I tumbled over into the grass and let out a cry of pain. My hand made its way to the pain in my leg. I felt something sticky and brought my hand back to my face. I was confronted with blood. A gasped slipped out of my mouth. Before I could make another noise of pain, Taemin was in front of me, scooping me up in his arms without any trouble. He took off towards the woods. I looked behind him, the truck was right on his trail, picking up speed with every second. 
We finally broke through the tight tree line, leaving the hummer with no where to go. I closed me eyes, so they wouldn't get smacked by branches. His paced slowed slightly, I peeked an eye open. We were in a small open field. At least five feet both ways. He gently sat me down on a moss covered log and started walking over to a patch of flowers. I ignored the pain shooting up my leg and looked back at the trees, you couldn't even tell which way we came from. How in the hell didn't I get hit by at least some branches? My thoughts were quickly interrupted by Taemin picking me up. 
 
"Alright hyung, let's go get you fixed up."
 
He said with an encouraging smile. He walked over to the patch of flowers, which was no longer there but an open hatch replaced it. 
 
"What the hell is going on?"
 
I thought to myself. 
 
"Minie?"
 
"Yes hyung?
 
He responded as we made the way down the hatch.
 
"Are you a vampire?"
 
He stopped and let out a laugh 
 
"Yah hyung, I think that when you fell, you hit you head a little to hard. You know vampires aren't real silly"
 
He continued to walk.
 
"Well this is the only explanation that I can come up with. I mean, you're tinier than me but here you are carrying me like I'm nothing." 
 
Another laugh escaped his lips. We pushed through a door and he set me down in a chair. Whenever the hell we were, their were people hustling around, papers and coffee in there hands. Phones ringing and people talking filled the room
 
"Well hyung, that's cause I'm special."
 
I looked at him as if he lost his mind cause I swear he has.
 
"Yah! Taemin! Quit being so vague!"
 
He ignored my question and turned is attention to my leg, which wasn't hurting as much but it was still throbbing. 
 
"Good, your leg is healing."
 
Taemin smiled at me. I looked at him puzzled. 
 
"What do you me-"
 
I looked down at my leg and he was right. The blood was dried and the wound was almost closed. My mouth fell open in terror. 
 
"Wh-wha-what the hell?!" 
 
I watched closely as it slowly but surely closed up. I ran my hands over where the wound was, the skin was unblemished, you couldn't even tell that I was shot in the leg. I looked up at Taemin in awe.
 
"What just happened?"
 
"Well hyung, you have these special abilities, which allow you to heal yourself. You have more but we aren't quite sure what they are."
 
"How did I get them?"
 
He opened his mouth but paused and scrunched his face together, trying to figure out how to answer my question. 
 
"Well, you were born with them." 
 
My mouth fell open once more. 
 
"What do you mean born with them?"
 
He ignored my question and stood up 
 
"Come with me, there's someone who can tell you better then I can."
 
He pulled on my arm slightly. A sigh escaped my lips as I let him pull me up. We made our way between the cubicles, every one filled with a person that had their nose pushed against the screen, absentmindedly typing away. They made me feel uncomfortable. I wrapped my arms around me, afraid if I touched anything, I would turn into them. It's silly, I know but they just gave off that vibe. A cold chill ran down my spine which made me shiver. I walked closer to Taemin, and whispered to him
 
"What are they doing?"
 
I asked eyeing them. He stopped walking abruptly which caused me to run into him. Stumbling back, I tried to keep my balance from falling. Taemin grabbed my hand before I fell on my while laughing.
 
"Still have that condition I see."
 
He teased. I pushed the middle of his forehead back slightly. 
 
"Shut up."
 
I laughed along with him. We started to walk down a long grey hall. It was dark except the random lights that hung on the wall. I watched the cement floor as I walked, a habit I got in because I am so clumsy. Towards the end of the hall Taemin slowed his pace. I looked up and saw plain wooden doors.
 
"Man this place is so depressing."
 
I thought to myself. Taemin stopped at the third door on the right. He knocked softly on the door.
 
"Come in!"
 
A woman's voice sang. He pushed open the door and relieved a slightly large room. It was a lot more cheerful than the rest of this place. It had wildflowers on a shelf under a lamp, paintings hung on each of the four walls. Deep red rugs were placed in key points of the room. A simple desk with a computer and a fake flower plant. Seated at the desk was an elderly, chunky woman. She had her salt and pepper colored hair pulled up into a bun that set on the top of her head with strands of hair falling down the side of her face. She looked up at us and smiled, pushing her glasses up on her nose. 
 
"Ah, Taemin. What a pleasure it is to see you and your friend."
 
He bowed and I followed his actions. She got up, smoothing out her burgundy shirt and black pants and walked over to us. She pulled Taemin into a hug and looked over at me.
 
"Is this him?"
 
She whispered to him. He nodded his head. She pulled away and walked over to me. 
 
"Jinki?"
 
I looked at her, confused but nodded my head yes anyways. Her eyes started to tear up as she walked over to me. She reached out to me but stopped halfway and dropped her arm.
 
"You don't remember me, do you?"
 
"I'm sorry noona but no."
 
She let out a sad sigh.
 
"Yes, I should of known. You're 17 now aren't you?"
 
She asked while she walked back to her desk and sat down.
 
"Um, yes?"
 
She gestured to the two leather seats that sat in front of her desk. I followed Taemin as we sat down, curious to know how this woman knew my name and how old I am.
 
"Now Jinki, I know you're not going to believe me but I have something I have to tell you."
 
"What's that?"
 
"I..... Am your Mother."
 
 
                                                                                            
 
A/N
 
 
Well guys here is the new chapter ^^
it wasn't exactly how I wanted it but it is similar 
I hope you all enjoy!~
Oh! I know this is only the second chapter...
BUT don't be afraid to comment! ^^ ~
I wanna know what you guys think >.<
Alrighty, that's all
Baii!
 
 
-Kjoe <3