Noodles

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I felt my world stop. My breathing started to increase. Did I just hear this woman correctly? She's, my mother! That can't be true! She died seven years ago in the car crash, along with my father! Father. If she's alive, that means... That means my father is alive too! 

 
"My father, is he alive too?"
 
I managed to whisper. Not able to look at her, my eyes stayed glued to the floor.
 
"No...he did pass away in the car crash."
 
She has been alive. All those years, I cried my eyes out, longing to hold my mom one more time. When I needed her when I was going through puberty, my first date, my first day of high school! This is unbelievable! I can't breathe. I can't sit here. I need to leave. This room is suffocating me. 
 
I abruptly got up, scooting back the chair quite a distance. Before anyone had a chance to say anything, I ran to the door and down the halls. I heard someone call after me but I just ignored them and continue to run. All these thoughts running through my mind, I couldn't see where I was going but I didn't really care. Of course with my luck, I ran right into someone, papers falling to the floor, along with myself. 
 
"Oh I'm sorry."
 
The person said. I sat up trying to get up but my body wouldn't allow it. I pulled my legs to my body as tears slightly started to fall, ignoring the person I ran into. 
 
"Are, are you alright?"
 
They asked as the tears started to fall harder. I soon felt arms around me and incoherent words. The tears fell harder and harder, as if they'd never stop. 
 
My eyes started to get heavy as the tears slowed. I just couldn't keep them open. No scratch that, I didn't want them open. I just wanted to wake up back at home, in my bed with my grandma and grandpa, this being all a dream 
 
-------------------------------------
 
I awoke in an unfamiliar room. Slowly sitting up and absorbing my surroundings, I was in a light green room. It was empty except for a desk and chair with a lamp that sat on the desk. I pulled back the covers, my feet touching the chill floor sent a cold chill up my spins. I looked down at my clothing, I was in a red hoodie with black sweat pants. I wonder who changed my clothes? Quickly brushing off the disturbing thought, I got up and walked across the small room, to the door. Opening it slightly, I peaked my head out. No one was in sight but I caught the faint sound of people talking. Stepping out of the room, I closed the door behind me and followed the noise. 
 
I soon came across two metal doors. Opening one of them, I saw people sitting around eating and talking. My stomach growled from the scent of food. I crept open the door, being unnoticed by the room full of people, I made my way to the long table full of food. I grabbed a plate and started picking up appetizing looking food. I turned around, scanning the room, looking for an empty table. I found one in the corner of the room. I briskly walked over to it before I was spotted or it was taken. I placed my plate on the table and scooted out the pale orange plastic chair. Scooting in, I grabbed chopsticks that were neatly place at the table and dug in. I happily took another bite of my noodles when I was tapped on my shoulder. I looked up and saw a feminine man looking down at me. 
 
" You're the guy that ran into in the hall right?"
 
I stopped chewing and just looked at him with noodle hanging out of my full mouth. He stood there waiting for a response but after he realized that I wasn't going to say anything, he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. I smiled slightly. That was cute. 
 
"Um well, I'm Key."
 
He bowed. I still sat there staring at him, unable to move. Someone called his name and he started to walk away but stopped. Turning around slightly 
 
"Er, well whenever you want to talk, just ask around, everyone knows me. See you around mysterious guy."
 
He waved slightly and walked away. I watched him walk away and sit with two guys, getting close to the one he sat down by, I felt a pang of jealousy. Narrowing my eyes, and chewing my food. I watched as Key let out a laugh and lean over and kiss the guy that he was beside. I let out a frustrated sigh and turned my attention back to my food. 
 
When I finished, I left my plate on the table and left the room, still filled with people and Key. I wondered down the halls, still unfamiliar to all the grayness. Running my hand along the wall, just incase my "Onew condition", as my friends called it, kicked in. Humming my favorite childhood song, three bears, I found myself in front of a familiar door. Curiosity, taking the best of me, I let go of the wall and walked over to the door. Opening it, I recognized it instantly. It was her room. Looking around, no one was in the room. Walking in, I slowly closed the door behind me and walking around, running my hands over surfaces. I don't know why, I did this but I always have its comforting. 
 
"You still do that"
 
I jumped slightly, knocking over the lamp but quickly caught it before it fell. Placing it gently back in his place and making sure it would fall over again, I turned around. There she was, standing there with a faint smile on her familiar face. Part of me wanted to believe that she was really my mother but the other half refused to.
 
I sent her a questioning look.
 
"Run your hands over things, your father would sometimes do it but you used to do it every time you walked."
 
How did she know that?
 
She let out an sad sigh and crossed the room. Sitting down in her chair, she mentioned for me to sit in the chair across from her. Hesitantly, I sat down. 
 
She crossed her hands and rested her head in them, just staring at me. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. 
 
"You haven't talked much since you got here. When you were little, you talked nonstop."
 
I stayed silent. She sent me a small smile and continued
 
"Jinki, I'm sorry for throwing that all at you at once, but I have seen you in over seven years and I missed my baby boy."
 
Silence
 
"I'm really sorry that this happened. I wanted to come back and get you but I was told by the council, that it wouldn't be a wise choice and it would just lead the YGMB right to you."
 
YGMB? Who the hell is that?
 
"I bet you're wondering who that is."
 
Wait did she just read my mind?!
 
She let out a soft laugh 
 
"No baby, I didn't read your mind, I just know your features like the back of my hand but any ways, the YGMB is an evil organization and they want to use yours and the few others powers for evil. With you being the prophet, they want you the most."
 
She paused and looked me.
 
"Besides being able to heal yourself and others, no one knows what things you are capable of. Not even you and in the wrong hands, your powers could be used for evil."
 
She stopped and looked at me with sad eyes. 
 
"Jinki. Please say something, anything."
 
But I was unable to. I mean at first, I found out I have powers, then that my mother has been alive all these years and now this. This woman sure knew how to gently inform people of things didn't see?
 
-------------------------------------
A/N
 
Hi guys! Hope you guys enjoy this new update, I wanted it to be a lot longer but with Christmas, I haven't had much time to write but I wanted to get something in since it's Christmas, so Merry Christmas! 
 
Well on other news, I bought myself an SHINee hoodie, Super Junior hoodie and a Super Junior blanket. I'm also going to buy me a BigBang hoodie! Can't wait for them to come in^.^ Oh! I'm no longer a blondie, I'm now a red head ^.^ if you guys wanna see it, I'll post pictures. I feel like I look older but hey thats just me haha 
 
Anyways, don't forget to comment! They make me happy and are very much appreciated! 
 
Enjoy you're holiday every one!
 
-Kjoe <3