Realization

The Devil's Angel

He remembered that time when she smiled without force, it was angelic and pure; it made her more beautiful, more wonderful. He remembered her contagious laughter, the sweetness coming from it filled the air, and it was music to everyone's ears; he recalled how angelic and lively she looked, how innocent and genuine her personality was.

She was the perfect being.

Maybe, maybe that was the reason her world fell apart ever so easily. How the fragile pieces that made her who she was shattered into a million more than how it originally was; how everything collapsed in the life she was living, how everyone witnessed the fallen angel break.

Maybe if she was not considered the numerous titles they had given her, she wouldn't have to turn into her total opposite. If they would have let her know that the world isn't perfect, that she was more than a doll, more than what they expected her to be, she wouldn't be 'God's perfect gift.' If they let her experience the negativity of life, death being one of them, maybe she would have learned how to move on and forget the past.

But Jang RiIn was barricaded; she was kept away from what life really was. She grew up knowing life was perfect, only in truth the world she lived was nothing more than a mere mask of reality.

Then who should he blame?

His own dad? For restricting her to the outside world? For hiding reality from her? Or the people that knew and had contact with her; who filled the empty spaces of her masked life with numerous compliments?

Or should he blame himself? For being there yet played along in her faultless story? Could he have brought her to actuality instead of blinding her from the truth?

Jang Geun Suk laughed bitterly to himself. Even if it was his fault, or their father's, or even the public, it was too late now. RiIn had already come face to face with the hidden truth of the world.

Because when she saw with her very own eyes the death of her father, the Jang RiIn they knew, had died as well.


* * *




"What did that piece of sh—t say?"

"He said at the closest park near the Olympic Park complex, somewhere around that area...something like that. Can't really understand him right now, he's in a pretty bad shape, all thanks to you. Just go check though. Maybe she's still there."

Junsu threw his cellphone towards the back of his car irritatingly, silencing the caller from the other line. Finding how Yoochun is an idiot at disclosing locations, he would find the witness himself, without 's help.

All stupid asses anyway, he mumbled, getting annoyed by the pouring rain as it blocked nearly the view of the streets.

Turning a sharp and slippery curve, he drove aimlessly with speed to the said park, occasionally passing the red light, infuriating other drivers. Minutes had gone by without a sight of the target. Junsu clenched his jaw, anger once again rising at the unseen witness. Annoyance creeping through his skin, he turned at the next red light and decided he would find her first thing the next morning.




"Hide all you want baby girl, but you can never hide from me."


* * *




"Excuse me sir, but this young lady looks lost."

"What young lady—Kim Bum stopped once he turned to face the owner of the voice. Eyes widening with familiarity at the girl before him, he called for Geun Suk.

An old man had found her sitting on the stairs near an abandoned park, staring into nothing. Seeing her without an umbrella and the condition she was in, he scrambled towards her and led her to the police station, without a single word of protest coming out from the woman's lips.

"What is—RiIn?! What the hell happened to you?! You're soaked and dirty and—it's f—cking cold!" Her older brother sprinted towards the entrance once he heard Kim Bum's urgent call.

Shaking his sister with little force, he asked for an explanation before ordering his co-workers to get some dry cloth and extra clothing from his female employees.

"You told me you were going home, why were you found in the park?" He questioned in a tone that rang familiarity in her ears. She knew he only used that tone when he was dealing with a criminal. "RiIn, are you listening to me?"

She stared at her older brother, mind debating for the right words to come out from her lips.

"Jang RiIn, answer me!"

"Geun Seuk—"

"Kim Bum, leave us alone," he commanded, the sound of his voice changing again.

RiIn smiled faintly, then focused her gaze to the floor, her brother's glare burning a hole through her forehead. "Would it matter? You don't even care, oppa. You never listen to anything I say, right?" She whispered, the incident earlier constantly flashing through her mind.

"RiIn," Geun Seuk called gently, however no matter how hard he tries to hide it she could still hear the cold and hard tone behind his words. "I know that I haven't been a good older brother, but you're my responsibility. If anything happens to you, I will be at fault. Listen, I can't just let a question hang in the air, now please answer me."

Again, she felt the bitterness in his words pierce her ears, her heart.

"That's all I am to you, your responsibility. Just something to look after, but not care for. You say I'm valuable but not valuable enough to even care if I were to just die in the streets. I'm just like a piece of furniture in our house, still there, but unnoticed, uncared for," her voice cracked, and so did Geun Seuk's realization.

"RiIn—"

"Oppa, you're not the only one suffering. I'm tired too, but I'm trying. It hurts, so much, but I'm trying." He gazed at his younger sister sadly as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I needed to think. I needed to get away from everything, because if I went home it's like I would repeat the same torture and receive the same pain again. It's hard to forget oppa. And to think I had my chance earlier, I thought I would get rid of it already. I thought I would be done suffering once he pulled the trigger!"

"Pulled...trigger? What are you saying RiIn, were you trying to kill yourself?"

Receiving no reply her sobbing increased, and without another word he pulled her into his embrace and cradled her gently in his arms, disbelief and worriment running through his mind.

"I do care for you, RiIn. You're wrong saying that I don't. You're not just my responsibility, you're my baby sister. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I lost hope ever since you changed, as an older brother I couldn't do anything for you so I worked my off at work, to keep me away from our problems. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything."


 
* * *




"Sh—t, " Junsu entered the warehouse soaking wet. "How's the f—cker coping? Dead yet?" He shouted impatiently at the people working in the area. He was not in the right mood, they all could tell.

"You can let that thought drift away, he's resting. You broke a few ribs, fractured his arm, did something with his lungs, and pretty much rearranged his face," Yoochun yelled through the bullet room. "Done with your murder?"

"B—tch is hiding. Get me a towel, will you."

"Or maybe you were just too slow to find her," Yoochun chuckled, moving aside from the sudden empty beer bottle thrown at him. "So what will you do now?"

Junsu twirled his tongue in his cheek then clicked his tongue before giving the older man a satisfied smirk.


"She wants a game, then I'll give her a game. I'll gladly join the fun."

________________________________________

Thank you for subscribing and comments!

:)