Chapter One; At Gunpoint

The Devil's Angel

“Someone saw us.”

An eerie silence filled the room as each member stopped from their movements.

Junsu took out his gun and started polishing the invisible dust, aware of the outburst of one of them any second.

“It was twelve midnight when we were there, no one should be awake at this time,” Yunho clung onto one of the newly shipped guns as his right hand made a fist.

“Apparently, there was. She’s a beauty. Almost a hundred feet away from my position yet she shined under the moon,” Junsu clicked his tongue and showed no trace of worry or anger.

“You saw her, why didn’t you shoot? One slip from the pinkberry’s tongue to the police, we will once again go back to phase one.”

He paused at polishing his gun and twirled his tongue in his cheek, a common habit that almost everyone who knew him long enough would know the meaning of the small action.

“Do you know what’s the difference between us, Jae? I actually think before I take action. Now, if I were to shoot during that time, we would catch attention. How? Well I don’t know, maybe the god damn noise from my gun? Don’t question me, because I’m not a moron, like you.”

It was too fast before Junsu realized he was shoved against the wall with a fist tightened around his collar, and to find an extremely pissed off Jaejoong glaring at him with a gun pointed at his forehead.

“Look you, we may be on the same side, but between us, we are enemies. You give me that f.ucking answer again, not only will I cut you balls off, I will blow your head, understand?”

Junsu laughed bitterly and glared at the man in front of him with a blank, fearless expression.

“Jaejoong,” Yunho called out as he tries to calm the older man, only to be shoved down by his furious partner.

“Go right ahead. Remember, you were the one who asked to be where you are now. If I die, you’ll go back where you came from, that horrid place you hate ever so dearly. A lucky bastard you are, I am not the type of person who has a for high positions, because if I did, you would be dead first, regardless who is pointing the gun at whom, Kim Jaejoong. I am, after all, your only choice.”

The two shared a deathly glare before Jaejoong unwillingly released Junsu from his grip and headed towards the exit.

“So, what’s the plan now?” Yoochun lazily asks, without a care of what just happened before him.

“Kill the witness, simple as that. Sh—t. Stupid f—cking wrinkled my collar. We don't even have a damn iron.”


* * *




Liyin fumbled with her phone, opening and closing the piece of technology as she hesitated whether or not to call anyone.

But then again, there's only one number stored into her cellphone.

She scrolled through the menu until her contacts came into view. A good thirty seconds was used before she hit the 'Call' button of the number.

"Yobosaeyo? Op...Oppa? I need to talk to you..."


* * *




Busy people came running into the warm caf� once the rain decided to fall down after the long hours of work. It was four-thirty in the afternoon, and nothing's better than to have a coffee break after the endless work that was thrown from the boss.

Jang Geun Suk tapped his foot against the leg of the table and gripped the mug of hot coffee in his hands as seconds passed by without a single word from the quiet girl seated directly in front of him.

"You know, before they built this cafe, I remember what used to be here," he broke the silence.

"Huh?"

"Finally! She spoke! Thank the Lord," he sighed heavily before eying his younger sister intently. "Please don't tell me you called me here for nothing. I had to beg Chief Lee to let me go just to see you, since you did say it was important and it couldn't wait until I got home."

Liyin bit her lip and held her hands together, easing the nervousness.

"Last...night.."

"Speak louder, sis. I can't hear you. I know I don't need a hearing aid."

She gulped, "Last night...when I went to the beach. The one that barely anyone goes to. I saw...at the dock..."

"Saw what at the dock?" He said with small care, almost not paying attention as he twirled the spoon in his mug slowly.

"I'm not sure but, I think I saw people--"

Geun Suk interrupted with a sigh of frustration and gave his sister a look of annoyance.

"Are you freaking kidding me, RiIn? You called me to tell me those stupid ghost stories of yours again?"

"No! Oppa please listen--"

"RiIn ah," he sighed and dug his face into his hands with frustration. "Just stop. Ever since Dad died you've been like this. I'm tired. I'm tired of dealing with this side of you. Whatever happened to the RiIn I knew?"

She remained silent. It was no use. She knew from the beginning that he wouldn't believe her again. But maybe, just maybe, her own brother would actually listen and believe her, just this time when she knew that what she saw didn't involve any of her imaginations, but the truth.

Liyin bitterly smiled to herself. What was she thinking? It's her fault why everyone looks at her differently, why they slowly drifted away from the kind girl they loved, why they started to think that she was in denial and haven't accepted her father's death.

It's her fault why her own brother, would never believe a single word that comes out from .

"I'm sorry to bother you from work. I'll...I'll be going home," she rose from her seat and collected her belongings.

"RiIn," her brother called.

"No. Just forget about it. I'll be fine, you don't need to drop me off. I'll take a cab."


* * *




The rain splashed against her skin as she sat soaking wet on a bench near the park. Liyin stared into nothing, blocking out the sounds from the rain and the whispers from each passerby.

As the people around the area started to get less and less, silent tears fell from her chocolate orbs, blending in with the tears from the sky. She wonders to herself, would anyone even care if she died right now?

If she stayed at her spot long enough to collapse and just lay there, would her brother even care if she was absent for the longest time from her home?

Steadily, she stands from her seat, thinking maybe if she just walks with the freezing rain and into the endless roads, all the problems would fade away, and for just a second, everything would be back to normal.

"Don't...move."

Liyin pauses her steps as she suddenly felt a cold object pressed against the back of her head.

"Unlucky girl. Someone as beautiful as you shouldn't be out in the rain alone. Now look what happens," the stranger's voice whispered in her ear huskily.

"What a pity."

_______________________________




Author's Note
Well, I decided to post this story here since one of my readers said I should :) Hope this chapter was alright.

About this chapter: I started off at the middle of the original plot I wrote, so I think this chapter may confuse you a bit. Okay, one important element: Liyin and RiIn are the same person. The narrator will call her Liyin because that is her true name, where as RiIn is just her Korean name. Jang Geun Suk and Jang RiIn are half brother and sister. They have the same father.

In summary for chapter one, Liyin saw Junsu and his gang gathering illegal shipments and crap, she tries to tell her brother (who is, btw, a police officer), but due to Liyin's problems with her life her brother seems to be...not fond with her. At times anyway. Thanks for reading!