Under His Hands

The Devil's Angel

Geun Suk slammed the paperwork onto his table as he buried his face into his hands, not caring whether his co-workers were strangely observing his disturbing actions, however easily throwing the issue over their shoulders since they were almost used to his temper.

“Had a bad day today?”

“It’s nothing,” he replied wearily, going back to his work.

A man has two parts of life: one that is kept solitary and one that is dragging himself to work every day. It somewhat bothered the hell out of him that people showed apprehension for him—and himself only--, when they don’t have a single idea what they were supposed to be concern about. Constant questions of worry; he despised it. It was his business, his personal business, and it was supposed to be kept that way.

“Is it about RiIn?”

“I don’t need your trepidation, Kim Bum. Please leave.”

“You’re such an , man. You can beat the hell out of me, but I’m not leaving until you start spilling out your clogged up problems. I don’t have the title of ‘best friend’ for nothing. Now, let me ask again, is it about RiIn?”

Geun Suk eyed his friend dis-pleasingly before finally giving in, knowing how incredibly annoying his best friend was. “We had an argument.”

Kim Bum stared blankly, mind running at the stupid reason. “Well, no one ever said having a sister was easy. Everything has its difficulties.”

"I don't know what to do..." He sighed heavily before digging his face into his hands.

"It's alright. Nothing is easy, Seuk."

“Do you know what’s the hardest part, a brother has to deal with?” He whispered, almost to himself.

“Really now, I don’t even have a sibling, how the hell should I know?”

“The most complicated part of being an older brother,” he paused, ignoring his friend’s sarcasm. “…Is putting back the impossible pieces that made her who she is. I just want her back, Kim Bum. I want my little sister back,” he mumbled, staring vacantly at the family picture placed on his desk.


* * *


Rain continued to fall onto the two figures, both not bothering to move an inch. One kept herself from shivering—whether it was from the rain or fear—one smirked to himself with satisfaction.

“I think blood would blend in nicely with the rain, don’t you think? Maybe I should thank God, it’ll be easier to clean up the mess right after. Every crimson liquid will go down the drain, and I don’t even have to do anything.”

Liyin remained expressionless despite knowing a bullet is ready to blast the back of her head.

Irritated by the piercing silence surrounding them, Donghae turned the girl to face him roughly, still pinpointing his gun until it was on her forehead. “Looks like the witness is a mute. Can’t seem to talk, correct?”

Still, with her head down, she didn’t speak, displeasing his patience. He was not used to it. He was not used to girls who were quiet, silent, mute. What satisfied his taste were the loud kinds, ones who spilled every damn curse word in the dictionary. But this girl who he was ordered to exterminate…she was in tranquility, and knowing this bothered the living hell out of him.

She slowly gazed up, until she reached his black eyes full of hatred.

Donghae froze in his spot, eyes gradually widening at the familiar pair of eyes gazing back at him.

“Will…will it do any good if I die already? Are you the chance that I’ve been waiting for?” She whispered, looking for the answer within the eyes before her.

Flashbacks ran through his mind, each bright picture puncturing his memory. He immediately took a step back, and gasped for air.

Still drenched in rain, Donghae backed away with shock written all over his face, and ran, leaving Liyin again in the same wonderment…






Has God really given up on me?


* * *


Blood splattered against the pavement, groans echoed the empty warehouse, and yells of endless curse words increased the heartbeats of every single person witnessing the bloody beating.

"Bullsh—t. You're giving me excuses now, you low-life peasant?" Junsu grabbed one of his men's collar.

"N-No boss," the victim coughed.

"Then tell me again; why. Didn't. You. Shoot. The. Damn. Witness." Junsu gritted his teeth, anger fuming as Donghae helplessly tried to see through the current blurry sight.

"Junsu, enough. You kill him, the closer the police will get to us," Yoochun suggested, eying the beaten man.

Junsu roughly released the collar and gave the victim a last blow on the stomach before facing the rest of the members and others. "Get this trash out of my sight," he pointed. "Kangin, one last straw, and you'll kill that piece of sh—t, got that?"

Kangin nodded before ordering s to aid the bruised and bloody individual.

"Clean this mess," a click from his gun was heard. "I'm killing the witness myself."