Let Me Hear Your Voice

Let Me Hear Your Voice

 

[Epilogue]

I walk towards the park that never seemed to change; it was a place full of memories for everyone. My eyes scan the place, watching everything. A few elderly couples take a stroll at the outskirts of the park, laughing as if they were reminiscing their high school days. Teenagers jump and scream at the playground, going back to their childhood days before reality hit them. Groups of little kids play in the open field, linking hands as they play a game together without a single worry in the world.

Will I be able to do that someday?

I take a look at myself, in between a teenager and an elder. What am I supposed to look back on? What do I remember? People would tell me that I’m still too young to be looking back, that I still have so much more time to keep moving forward. I’m still in the process of making my future, people would tell me. They would tell me that I still have time to look for myself.

What if I don’t want to keep moving forward? What if I want to look back right now? It’s only been two days, yet I want to look back and remember those last moments with my sister. A stinging pain hits my chest. My beautiful, little sister. She can’t look back and remember anything because her future caught up to her faster than she could make it. I guess our entire future end with us breathing our last breath, remembering whatever memory last flashed into her mind. But how exactly do you know when your future ends to remember a memory? I can only imagine so much.

I shake my head, too deep into my thoughts. I look up at the bright, blue sky. White snowflakes fall from the heavens and descend down onto the ground. Hesitantly, I stop walking and extend up hands out, catching the snowflakes. I quietly watch as they disappear right when they touch my palms. I let out a sigh. Two girls pop up in my head. I curl my hands into fists and shove them deep in my pockets.

“If only you were here…” I whisper to myself, desperately wishing my sister was with me. She really would’ve enjoyed the snow, would’ve enjoyed seeing Los Angeles. Heck, I bet she would be looking for Clara herself.

Clara…

I sigh once more and look back up at the sky. The snowflakes lightly caress my cheeks. “If these snowflakes are pieces of my dreams, will I be able to find you?” I mutter lowly.

I look back out at the park, watching people slosh through the snow. If people knew about Clara’s theory, would they be out walking through the snow now? Would they treasure the snow more? I look down at my feet, slightly moving it to the side just to slide some across the ground. Exactly how many fragments of dreams did I just change? With a sigh, I look back up.

Suddenly, my eyes catch something red at the corner of my eyes. I feel myself instantly get lighter. I turn my head, finding a red scarf. Without another thought, I break out into a run, going towards the red scarf. I squint, trying to see if it really is her. I stop just a few feet away from the feminine figure, squinting. She’s wearing a trench coat with her hood up and the red scarf tightly wrapped around her neck. I see her move her head up to look at the sky, and she removes her hands from her pockets to extend them out to touch the snowflakes.

She must be Clara. Slowly this time, I walk toward her and I hesitantly place a gentle hand on her shoulder. Carefully, I turn her around. My hand drops back down to my side. I cast my eyes away from the girl’s icy blue eyes.

“I’m sorry. I thought you were someone else.” I mumble softly.

“It’s okay. I understand.” She replies. I can only nod. It wasn’t until I hear her feet sloshing away to realize that she left me alone.

I close my eyes, feeling my heart drop. I feel my knees give out and I fall down on the soft snow. I tightly grip it, feeling the cold freeze my fingertips. “Does this mean your theory isn’t true, Clara?” I whisper, squeezing my eyes shut. “Because my dream went way better than reality.”

The determination to find Clara was gone. I’m losing hope. Standing back up, I scoop a handful of snow into my hands and make a snowball. I stare at the details as if I’ll be able to actually see the fragments of the dreams in the snowball. Which dreamers are going to meet now?

I sigh, my icy breath leaving my mouth. I suddenly feel extremely cold. Just when I was about to throw the ball at the tree trunk, I look back out at the park. For some odd reason, my eyes land at the field with the giggling children. A petite, black haired beauty stares right back at me. My breath clogs my throat.

I watch as she flashes her pearly white teeth, smiling. She slowly brings her hand up and pulls out a bright red scarf from under her heavy jacket. The whole world seemed to turn white, the snow coating every little thing. We both start walking. Despite the frozen face, I find myself grinning widely. In a matter of seconds, we meet in the middle, exactly face to face. She brings her left hand out into front of my face, showing me her ring finger. She’s not married after all.

“Cla—“

“Shh.” She cuts me off, placing a finger to her pale lips. I look in her eyes intently, seeing that the mischief is still there. She brushes her bangs out of her eyes, making me slide my eyes up to her dark locks. The snow still intertwines with the strands, the pure white contrasting the dark black. Another beautiful veil forms around her. Pure beauty.

Abruptly, she holds her hand up, calling my attention. I stare at the snowball in her hands until recognition washes over me. I lift my hand up as well, showing mine. We both let out a hearty laugh. Gently, we exchange snowballs. She quickly lands a soft kiss on my cheek along the way.

“The dreams that you molded together in this simple ball will have all their owners meet.”

Stunned, I lean in for her lips. She places a hand in front of my face. Her eyes turning into smiles, she shakes her head. Getting the message, I straighten, flashing a wicked smile. She chuckles. We both count down with our fingers on the count of three. Reaching zero, we throw our snowballs out in the field, making sure not to hit any of the children. However, the kids notice and start screaming, tossing snowballs at each other themselves.

Clara giggles upon seeing them. “Looks like dreamers will meet new people each day.”

Sliding my arm around her waist, she faces me, landing her hands on my chest. Without a single word, I tenderly kiss her frozen lips. She smiles before responding, wrapping her arms around my neck tightly.

“What if those dreamers already met seconds before you threw the ball?”

“Then they stay together.”

“For how long?”

“Forever.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ah! It's done! The end! It went by too fast, don't 'cha think? I don't know about you guys, but it's still December 31, 2012 in my time. So, I figured this should be my last update for the year! I hope I didn't disappoint with the ending c: 

In advance, Happy New Year! And I wish everyone the best 2013!

Comments? What'd you think about this story? 

Until next time, guys. See you soon.