Her Fault {Kris}

Out of this World - An EXO One Shot Collection

{Kris}

First, let's get one thing straight. Kris Wu was not the type of guy to sneak around in the dead of night acting all suspicious (at least not regularly). He swore he had a good reason as to why he jumped the fence to the Ahn Family's mansion and that reason also explained why he was currently creeping through their front yard. He even rehearsed his reason multiple times in his head if he did somehow ended up getting caught (though he hoped he wouldn't have to put his practice to use). And if all else failed, he could always blame his girlfriend.

Okay, so maybe that made him seem like a bad boyfriend. But Kris' current predicament really was Hyerin's fault. If she had not gotten grounded in the first place, he wouldn't have been suspiciously sneaking across her lawn to get to her bedroom window. So in all honesty, if Kris did somehow get busted for trying to sneak Hyerin out of her house, he would have no problem pushing all the blame on his girlfriend.

 

After a series of stealthy ninja moves (one of which where he had to dive into a rose bush because he saw a guard approaching his direction), he finally made it to Hyerin's window. He mentally slapped himself as soon as he reached it, though, because he forgot that her room was on the second floor and that her very protective older brother's room was right under hers.

 

Kris did some quick thinking and came up with the ingenious (in his opinion) idea to call her. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket and quickly dialed Hyerin's number even though he knew she would be sleeping and that he would be disturbing her.

 

"Hello?" her drowsy voice answered. "Kris? What the hell are you doing calling me at this ungodly hour."

 

By the tone of her voice, he knew he'd be in trouble when she was fully awake. He seemed to not care though, seeing as he smirked before replying, "I'm outside. Come on, I'm sneaking you out."

 

He heard rustling through the phone and when he looked up at her window, she was standing there gawking at him. "Are you crazy?" she screeched. He had to move the phone away from his ear since he did not want to risk going deaf anytime soon. She lowered her voice when she realized just how loud she was being. "If you haven't forgotten, I'm grounded, remember?"

 

"Details, details," he said nonchalantly, making her even more frustrated. "I'm already here, so just come on! No one will find out. And I promise I'll bring the princess back to her castle before the king ever wakes up," he replied sarcastically, referring to Hyerin's father when he said king.

 

Kris heard her sigh but she agreed. "Hold on. Let me change-"

 

"Why change?" he questioned. "Just come down as you are." 

 

He swore he could feel her strong glare through the phone. "If you haven't noticed, Yifan," she said with a annoyed tone lacing her voice, "It's nearly one in the morning. I'm sorry if I'm not all dolled up yet."

 

He rolled her eyes and she scoffed before hanging up on him. His eyes widened when he realized he had forgotten to ask for a small favor. He called her back and she immediately answered with an annoyed, "What now?"

 

"Can you bring down a few band aids? I had to dive into a rose bush earlier and got pretty scratched up."

 

Hyerin sighed and muttered something incoherent. She finally said, "You are an idiot."

 

Kris smirked, though she couldn't see him. "Only for you, babe." She hung up on him.

 

While waiting for his girlfriend to do whatever it is girls do when they get ready, he decided to sit down for a bit, carefully and noiselessly leaning against the wall under Hyerin's brother's bedroom window. He didn't want to draw attention to himself (maybe he shouldn't have worn his shiny silver jacket) by standing out in the open under her window.

 

He closed his eyes (who knows how long Hyerin would take) for a bit and somehow manage to doze off. He only woke up when he felt something dropping on his head. 

 

He massaged his head and picked up the box of band aids that seemed to have fallen out of the sky. He looked up and Hyerin gave him an innocent smile. "Oops, it slipped out of my hand."

 

Kris scowled at her but opened the box anyway and applied the band aids to where he had gotten scratched. When he looked back up at her, he suddenly remembered something and told her to stay put for a second. Hyerin just sighed loudly and watched as he searched her backyard for something.

 

"What are you looking for?" she asked, getting more and more impatient with each passing second.

 

He turned to face her and held up something small and shiny, "I've always wanted to do this. Watch out," he warned.

 

Hyerin raised an eyebrow as he threw whatever it was he was holding up to her. She easily caught it and inspected it. "A pebble? Really? Gee, thanks. I'll treasure it forever," she said, her voice just full of sarcasm.

 

"For your information, I wasn't giving it to you, I was throwing it at your window. You know, like in the movies and stuff. You weren't supposed to catch it. I was trying to be roman-" Kris stopped mid sentence when (for the second time that night) he felt something drop on his head. He looked up at Hyerin and gave her his signature look. "Really, Rin? You threw the rock at me?"

 

Hyerin was trying really hard to hold in her laughter, but she failed (miserably), "I'm sorry," she said in between giggles. "This time it really did drop!"

 

"Whatever," he muttered, rubbing his head again. He looked up at her and noticed that she was still just standing there leaning out her window. "Well?" he asked, cocking his head and looking at her cutely (to which she rolled her eyes). "Are you coming down or not?"

 

Hyerin gave him a look. "And how do you expect me to do that, Einstein?" she mocked him. "Jump?" she suggested sarcastically.

 

"Yes," he answered seriously. 

 

She laughed at him, "That's funny. No, seriously. How-" When she saw that he wasn't laughing along, her expression turned to one of horror. "You actually expect me to jump?"

 

Kris nodded and held his hands out, getting in position to catch her. "Don't worry," he winked, "I'll catch you."

 

"That does nothing to reassure me," she dead panned. She leaned out her window a bit more and looked down at her boyfriend. Today, for some reason, the drop from her widow to the ground looked even higher than usual. She groaned and carefully swung her legs over the widow sill, with her hand steadying herself, and closed her eyes, getting ready to jump.

 

As she mentally prepared herself for the fall (and hopefully get caught by Kris), Kris noticed the light turn on in Hyerin's brother's room and he panicked.

 

He looked up at Hyerin with an alarmed look. "Hyerin! Hurry up! I think your brother woke up!"

 

Hyerin opened her eyes in surprise. When she looked down at Kris to make sure he wasn't pulling a stupid joke on her, her hand slipped off the window sill and she fell.

 

Kris was planning on catching her, he really was (why would he let his girlfriend fall? He's not that much of a jerk). But he was currently too preoccupied with the fact that Hyerin's brother could discover the two of them trying to sneak out any second, and thus he didn't notice that Hyerin fell, well, he didn't know until she landed right on top of him.

 

The impact of Hyerin falling on top of him caused Kris to lose his footing and he, too, fell. The two of them ended up in a tangled dog pile. Right in front of her brother's room.

 

The noise that they made was the final straw, and the curtain on her brother's window was pulled back to reveal his confused but furious face. Hyerin sent him a sweet and innocent smile while Kris just gave him a small wave, hoping to himself that he'd live long enough to see the sun rise for another day.

 

It was a definite no brainier when the two were caught and subsequently taken into the house to get scolded by Hyerin's strict father (and for Kris to get murdered by Hyerin's over protective brother).

 

When Kris was asked why he thought it was appropriate to try and sneak Hyerin out and why he even hoped he wouldn't get caught, all he said in response was, "First, let me just say, that this was all her fault."

 

And when Hyerin glared at him with those threatening brown eyes of hers, he knew he had a lot of explaining to do, and not just to her father.


A/N: Thank you for reading~ I hope you like these so far. Quick question, if any of you actually read my author notes, which has been your favorite one shot so far? My personal favorite is this one! Our very own Kris Wu's one shot was the best one to write, haha. Okay, well, kudos to you if you've read this far. Next up: Luhan's one shot!