{ seven } - KRIS - { slot machine of chances }

〈 exotic fever! 〉☆ saranghamnida. ☆ 〈 exo oneshots! 〉

{ Slot Machine of Chances }

{ for Maria }


 

Two hours. It seems to go by fast; maybe when you're watching a movie or if you're at the beach playing with your friends, but two hours waiting for your boyfriend to show up? Waiting two hours in a near-empty cafe already on your third cup of coffee? It wasn't fast, or quick, or swift at all. These past to hours for you were long, dragging, and heavy. There was a turbulence of noise outside ranging from laughter to jeery chatter to the honks of car horns, but what were you doing? You were sulking in your signature spot at the window, sipping on what would now be the end of your third latte.

And that was when the noise level increased to a high crescendo, buzzing in your ears. The echoes of girls screaming and shouting for their oppa; the ripple of posters being waved and flailed around in the ear; the clicks of phones and cameras going off. It seemed that all of a sudden, your ears were bleeding from the abrupt onslaught of ruckus. You never had to experience this first-handedly as you were just another fashion major currently working for Aboki, but you were tired of it. What was left of the empty cafe was now filled entirely with a hoard of gushing fangirls, who were promptly ushered back out the door, which was soon locked instantaneously after.

And there stood Kris, in the glory he was constantly basked in. Photoshoot, you thought inwardly to yourself. He's coming from a photoshoot. As selfish as you seemed to say, you hated yet so dearly loved the relationship you were currently in with Kris. He was always late now, not like how it was before. It was always either Sorry, babe I'm going to a music video shooting, or I have an interview, baobei. If not that, then it was recordings, performances, fansigns and fanmeets, dance practice. It was always press conference this, variety show filming that, EXO everything. Normally, you would never mind, but for Jesus' sake, it was your third year anniversary, and Kris promised.

He stood at the door, umoving; his fiery hair lay sloppily upon his head as he panted, eyes worn with fatigue. He watched you rise from your seat with a scowl plastered across your features. And it was at that moment that you realized how ironic it was of your famous idol boyfriend to ask you to meet him at a quaint boardwalk cafe, rather than some fancy, upscale country club. He sighed, but before he could even speak, you already had your clutch in hand, and was strolling past him in a storm.

He caught your arm in a huff, stopping you just before you passed him; the air suddenly grew damp and you had trouble breathing. "Maria --"

"I.." You grimaced tautly, lips pursing into a tight line as you glanced furiously at him through a ring of tears. "I really don't want to here it, Wufan," you whimpered. You eyes glazed over his fancy attire, and for a split second you almost felt sympathetic to his disheveled state; it was as if he had run all the way here from the SM headquarters. But not this time. You were not going to give in this time; you couldn't.

Maybe next time, you thought to yourself.

"Baobei, I know you don't want to hear it, but please," he pleaded you quietly. You simply pushed him off of you and scoffed, rubbing your slightly sore wrist. "Maria --"
"I honestly don't even know what to say to you, Wufan," you barked angrily. You ignored the barista's intense gazes and glared straight into Wufan's flickering irises. "You're just going to apologize again and ask me to forgive you. Then you're going to say that it won't happen again. But then guess what?! It does happen again! Normally, I wouldn't mind, ge," you huffed impatiently. "But you promised today. You promised that today you would definitely be on time. I should've left an hour ago, but I waited. Why? Because today marks our third year." Your voice fell into a soft whimper, desperate for him to hear you out first. "But that seems to obviously mean nothing to you," you accused rashly, words nipping at the thick, hostile atmosphere that was suffocatin the both of you.

"I never said that," Kris uttered defensively. He grasped for your hand again, gripping it tightly so you wouldn't budge. "You know I love you. I know you know. I try to show you all the time, baobei," he begged you earnestly. 
"Don't you think this is tiring?" you whispered incredulously.
"No! Never," he returned curtly. "I will never get tired of hearing your voice, whether it be scolding me, cursing me, extolling me, or whatever -- I will never get tired of you," Kris declared firmly. "You can be mad at me, annoying me, pissing me off, anything, and I would still never have enough of you."

"Wufan --"

"Please, Maria.. I know.. I know I ed up again; yes, I broke our promise, and I know you're probably sick and tired of having to wait around for me to show up, and I'm sorry. I.. I'm just stupid okay?" he whispered, hanging his head. "I can't figure out what it is I should do. I don't know whether to apologize or just promise you that it wouldn't happen again or.. or if I should just make another excuse.. I know you're fighting hard to be with me, since being with me means cooperating with EXO.. but please. Baobei, just fight a little bit longer," he whimpered.

And for the first time, Kris' wall crumbled down in front of you for you to see. Vulnerability seeped into his features as his lips trembled for words, tongue tying around itself, winding on auto-pilot in attempt to form coherent sentences. "I'm stupid for even being selfish with you.. but I love you and I want to be there with you more often, to be there for you. I want to be the only one to keep you happy," he whispered. "So please give ge another chance.. actually, just save up room for a few more chances, Maria."

Your voice cracked as you choked on a stifled sob. "Why do you constantly do this to me, Wufan?"

He took hold of your hands, desperately craving the warmth that was normally stored within them. He led your hands gingelry to caress his face, holding them there before he leaned down to peck you sensually on the lips. He lingered his lips upon yours for a breathtaking moment longer, pulling away with guilt-ridden apology streaked across his glossy irises. "Just.. let me make it up to you... from now on, I will always make it up to you, okay?" Weakness vibrated in his normally low timbre. His lips trembled with hope as you glanced at him defeatedly. "Baobei, I love you," he murmured, caressing your cheek. "Please.. don't ever forget that, okay? Just.. just give your ge another few chances, okay? Please, baobei, please?"

He took you into a knee-wobbling hug the second you nodded, a grateful laugh dropping involuntarily from his lips. Kisses ensued, and fireworks followed, exploding into your core as his wrapped his burly and muscular arms around you, cradling you tightly in his grasp as he muttered sweet nothings and affectionate apologies into your ear. 

You knew it would happen again. It always did.

But as long as Wufan would constantly mean what he says, and sincerely says what he means.. you honestly wouldn't mind going through it another couple hundred times more, because you were his slot machine of forgiveness and chances. And it just so seemed that Kris got lucky each time with you, fortunately for him.