{ six } - BAEKHYUN - { the night before christmas }

〈 exotic fever! 〉☆ saranghamnida. ☆ 〈 exo oneshots! 〉

{ The Night Before Christmas }

{ for BAPBabyy }


 

Cold sweat encased your temples as you shot up from bed, eyes mimicking that of a deer's caught in headlights. You panted furiously, smoothing out the ends in your disheveled hair as you leaned your stiff back against the hard back board of your bed. Throwing your head back so that it rested against the cool paint of the wall, you heaved a deep sigh, fluttering your eye lids shut. They shot right back open at the remembrance of the nightmare you had just had, and you nearly felt the sweat returning, oozing out of your pores and staining your underarms, neck, and back a second time 'round. 

You grumbled to yourslef irritably, "What a great way to kick back on Christmas Eve."

Your hand felt at your bedside, frowning at the lack of warmth, and at the emptiness that lingered there. It was strange, as you had noticed it was already eleven at night. He should be home by now, sleeping, snoring, tossing and turning, and wrapping his arms around your waist to allow his body's warmth to flow into you. But he wasn't here. And at that, your eyebrows fell into a knitted scorn, laced with irked confusion. Your small feet padded against the hardwood floors as you swung your legs over the side of your bed. You tugged harder at your robe, bringing it close to your chest before making the trek to the kitchen, where you detected a faint light.

"Baek-oppa?"

Your voice was meek, a soft hopeful murmur that reeked of desperation for his protection. His heavy lidded eyes glanced at your briefly as he lifted his head from his half-eaten apple. There was an unfamiliar pallor to his face, and dark circles under his eyes that could be nothing but bad news. His emotionless facade tore down immediately at the sight of your quivering form standing by the doorway; he immediatley tossed away the fruit and rubbed his hands clean onto the fabric of his sweat pants. He strode over to you quickly, his arms finding solace at your waist. "Baby, what's wrong?" He smoothed out your hair, hushing you as you clutched hungrily onto the front of his shirt, needy whimpers eminating from your trembling lips.

Your body was overtaken with trepidation as the re-runs of your nightmare flooded your vision; the dark house, the masked murderer, the axe -- you remembered it all; especially the last segment with your bloodied, decapitated frame lying among the weeds of the creek just behind the haunted house -- left there to never be found. "Did you have a nightmare, babe?" He sighed to inwardly to himself, "Oppa is so sorry.. I couldn't sleep, and I didn't want to wake you so... ack, jeez, I shouldn't have left." He began to scold himself whilst leading you back into the bedroom.

Laying you comfortably upon the mattress, he began to smooth out your hair, hands trailing to your cheeks as he cradled your tear-stained face. "It's only a dream, okay? A nightmare is all it is," he reassured you with a sure smile. He kissed your forehead, moving down to both your eyelids, then your nose, and lastly your mouth. He continued to shower you with soft, affectionate pecks until you were a ticklish, giggling fit; he grinned in return, pulling himself beneath the covers with you, bringing you close to his chest as he rested your head onto the surface of his broad shoulder. "Don't be scared anymore," he told you softly, your cheeks lovingly.

The gesture was so miniscule, much like a feather's touch; you were softly falling under his charismatic charms, lulling yourself to sleep with his tender touches. "Do you think you'll be able to sleep if I'm here?" he whispered. His warm breath was travelling down your neck, bringing a chill up your spine. This prompted Baekhyun to bring the covers further up, until they stopped right beneath your chin. "I'll protect you from everything, okay? So don't worry that pretty head of yours anymore, and just let your Knight in Shining Armour take care of you."

You hummed appreciatively, pecking his lips. "Thanks honey," you mumbled incoherently. You basked yourself in the glory of the peppermint aroma that seemed to stick with him at all times (he could've been a bloody, sweating mess, and you were sure he'd still smell of peppermint). The warmth ensued then, swaying your body into the cradle of deep slumber, the lady of the night crooning a soft melodious harmony to you to assist you into falling back into the abyss of a tranquil sleep.

Your heart beat soon fell into sync with Baekhyun's, a duet of drumming beats resonating through two pairs of ears. You felt him smile into your hair, hearing him take in the vanilla scent of your shampoo. "Sleep well, jagiya," he whispered carefully, pecking the side of your head.
"Will you be there when I wake up?" you questioned hopefully; he rarely was, but seeing as how tomorrow would be Christmas Day, there lingered a wishful thinking in the back of your head.

And at Baekhyun's reply, you fell asleep, a permanent smile etched onto your picturesque features.

 

"Of course I will, baby; I've got to be there with you to celebrate the best day of the entire year."

 

Baekhyun was all you wanted for Christmas this year.. and you must've been a good enough girl for the year, because it seemed that Santa will be giving you just that.