Chapter 6 - A Cloud of Possibility

Making Her Mine

 

"Jung Min! Go help Sooyoon with that bag of fertilizer!" I heard Mr. Park call out from the back.

I chuckled while trying to carry the large bag from the back of the shop, "Aniyo, it's all goo-"

Then I felt a soft pair of hands on mine, "Let me carry this okay?" I looked up to Jung Min smiling down at me.

For these past days, Jung Min had started to help around the shop. He practically worked here.

He took the bag from me and turned to go put it in the front of the shop with the other bags that were for sale. 

I walked up to him, "Thanks."

"Ani, it's nothing." He gave me his eye smile. I laughed and walked away to the customer that just came in. Then Mr. Park and Mrs. Park came out from the back, "We're going out today so take care of the shop okay?"

I quickly nodded at them and began helping the lady again, "You came again ahjumma? Did your daughter like the daffodils from last time?" I smiled.

The lady laughed and nodded, "You remember? And yes she liked them very much and asked me to show her a different type of flower. Do you have any in mind?"

I scratched my head, "Let me see... wait! Oh, Jung Min ssi?" I called and turned around to see him watering some plant pots that we were going to sell. He looked at me, "What is it?"

"Do we have any fresh flowers from today? Can you find some for ahjumma?"

He held up his finger and pursed his lips, "Be right back!" I nodded to him and he left to go look around.

Then, I turned back to the ahjumma, remembering something, "Ahjumma... how is she feeling?" I bit my lip. I gestured her to sit down on the seat by the side of the entrance of the shop. We both sat down and she spoke, "She's doing better but her autism is still very strong. Her disease, dear, is like clogging reality. She's living in a fantasy of her own litterally. But supposedly the flowers are helping. It's more difficult for her also, since she is only eight years of age." Ahjumma smiled sadly.

Before I could reply, I heard Jung Min's voice, "Ahjumma." He got on one knee in front of her so he was, almost, at her height. He held out Orchids to her, "Take these. These will help her for sure."

The ahjumma took them from his hands and looked at him, "O-orchids?"

He smiled at her, "De. Orchids... will make her feel as if she is on a cloud of possiblilty. Tell her..." He took the ahjumma's hand, "Tell her, that these flowers will signify that she is a rare and delicate beauty. It will signify both her strength and innocence." 

Both the ahjumma and I watched in awe as he spoke those words. 

The ahjumma was only able to sputter the words, 'Thank you.'

Jung Min just smiled softly and nodded.

 

 

 

 

"Where did you hear about that?" I asked him as I was folding some shirts of his.

We were now at his apartment which turned out to be a few blocks away from mine. He needed some help unpacking and I offered to help. We both were sitting on the floor of the empty living room with our backs against the walls and the both of us folding his clothes.

"Hear about what?" He raised an eyebrow as he folded another shirt.

"The Orchids."

"Ohh! That? My grandma told me while she was still alive."

"I see." I handed him the shirt I finished folding.

"Oh yeah, I have to give you something!" He grinned and stood up, putting the folded clothes to his side.

"Um, okay." He walked out of the room, into his own. In a few minutes he came back out with his hands behind his back. "Close... your eyes!" 

I sighed, "Do I have to?" I put away the clothes in my lap.

He pouted and nodded, furrowing his eyebrows. "Do~ it!" I bit back a smile and closed them. I sensed him shuffle closer to me. Then I felt his voice whisper right next to my ear, "Open them." 

I shuddered and opened my eyes immediately to find him holding out a single pink orchid towards me. I slowly took it from his hands, "Does this too... have some type of meaning?" I asked him.

He nodded, "But... I'm not going to tell you." He stuck out his tounge at me.I sighed softly but then brought the flower up to my nose and smelt it. I traced my finger over the outline of it and smiled. "It's very pretty though." 

"Isn't it? Orchids are my favorite type of flower." He grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pink Orchids; The symbol of affection for ones significant other.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

12/25/12

Happy Holiday's everyone! How is everyone doing? :) anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hopefully I will try to make another update today ^^ fighting! It's winter break but I have midterms right after T.T wahh~ sad sad~

Anyway everyone enjoy Holiday Break! :)

P.S. The next chapter will be a very fun one :D There will be more Tae Jun and Min Sun involved :)