Speechless

Haru Haru [HIATUS]

          Pieces of memory from last night started flooding my mind and tears dripped down my cheeks. I finally vaguely remember Taemin asking me the same thing while I was pulled between sleep and alcohol. But the fact that he meant it, then and there never occurred to me.

          But why did he choose to ask me this way? I mean… we really aren’t the type of couple to mess around and make big scenes of ourselves; but I know Taemin can be really romantic when he wants to be and I wouldn’t mind adding fluff to something so special. A part of me wishes for something more fairy-tale-like, but at the same time I know he’s asking me this way for a good reason.

          My thought bubble popped and I snapped back to reality when he reached over to wipe away my tears –once again and like always.

          “Well?” he asked with a soft smile, his cheeks had the faintest flare of color in them which made me feel good, to know he was nervous.

          My voice felt lost and my throat was dry. The most I managed was to nod as more streams came down. My arms wrapped around his neck and he pulled me into a tight hug. My face was so hot and my limbs felt weak… I honestly thought the only reason I haven’t collapsed yet is because of his grip on me.

          He kissed my forehead and looked me dead in the eye.

          “Forever,” he whispered.

          “Sarranghae,” I said too shakily, and a giggle escaped his mouth. I blushed even more and buried my face into his neck like I always do when he makes me feel embarrassed.

          We stayed still for a few minutes before he pulled me away, I became jelly and he laughed as he moved me around to the position I was sitting in before he asked me the most important question of our lives. He put my hair behind my shoulders and put my fork back in my hand. I blinked a few times really slowly playing along with his doll game and he broke out laughing. And I retuned back to my meal holding back a grin.

          He stopped laughing as much and sat up from rolling around the ground and said, “you’re so fat.” Which caused me to almost spit my juice everywhere, but my lips tightened in an effort to not create a mess. Instead, drops trickled down my chin from the sides of my mouth.

          No one ever understood the things we found funny or our jokes, we strangely found dumb things entertaining. I’m sure most people would have taken that a little offensively but I know he meant I was cute.

          When we both finished our breakfast, he took the plates and got up to go to the kitchen. I looked around for the TV remote and switched it off when I found it and proceeded to follow him. He was almost done washing everything when I hugged him from the back… we’ve switched places.

          “So what do you want to do today jagi?” Taemin asked happily. Truthfully, I didn’t want to do anything, I wanted to stay home all day with him and lounge, play around and exchange kisses, because too much time we could have spent together had already been lost. But it seemed like he really wanted to go out and do something for fun.

          “It’s up to you babe,” I replied.

            Still holding on, I passed him a rag that had been on the island. He dried his hands and suddenly turned around so I was pinning him against the counter. I looked up to meet his gaze. “Well?” I asked.

          “How about I take you shopping and have lunch? Tonight Jonghyun is throwing a party to celebrate the success and end of our tour. I’m pretty sure everyone is going to be there do you want to go?” he said.

          Everyone? By everyone I’m sure he meant all of his idol friends… Sure I was accepted by them but being a lone actress gets kind of awkward.

          “Define, everyone…” I said

          “Well I know for a fact that the other members are going to be there, including most of SM and a few of Cube’s newcomers might show up, as well as a few members of 2ne1 and Big Bang… Apparently the party will be packed so expect most of everyone Jonghyun knows.” He said.

           This party is going to be insane, I can already tell. If Jonghyun invited all of his friends (which is everybody) I wouldn’t want to skip it.

           “Ou and Hyuna might come with her boyfriend.” Taemin added.

          “Hyuna’s going?!” I exclaimed. Hyuna is my best friend and even I myself haven’t seen her in quite a while, I last talked to her yesterday morning while cleaning the house. Ever since she and Hyunseung became public about dating, the tabloids have been going insane for “dirt” on their relationship, which forced her to not be seen as much. I know for a fact that they love each other very much and wouldn’t want stupid paparazzi messing anything up.

          I let go of Taemin and quickly bolted towards the stairs, taking two steps at a time. I went into our bedroom and took my phone to start texting Hyuna.

          “ARE YOU GOING TO THE PARTY TONIGHT~?!” I wrote. It would probably be a while before she replies because no one would be up this early on a Saturday, and Hyunseung likes his mornings with Hyuna all to himself. … ;)

          I hit send and Taemin came through the door way with a confused look on his face. I held and shook my phone out to him and he instantly understood. I put my phone down and he came closer and fell on top of me pulling me into a wrestling position, without the strength of course. I look at my left hand and admired the huge diamond on my ring finger. He also looked at it and smiled. I became speechless again and warmth flowed through my insides. Lee Taemin is no longer my boyfriend. He is my fiancé and soon to be husband.

          I stay in his arms as I start to imagine our future; the wedding, having kids… The list of adventures I’ll have with this man goes on and on, and I know there is no one that I’d ever want to be with more.

          Kisses were planted all over my face as Taemin and I cuddled. After a while he got up pulling me with him and led me to the bathroom, where we brushed our teeth. I skip into the walk-in closet and pick out articles of clothing, to get dressed for shopping.

          “Are we going to come home before going to the party?” I yelled out the door to Taemin.

          “Yeah if you want to,” he said walking in with a hairbrush in his hand. I do want to come home before, so I can get dressed nicely instead of doing that now…  

          Just then, Taemin’s cell started to ring. He looked at the ID and declined the call right away. I tried to look, but the angle he was in made it impossible, but it seemed like he was deleting the call history.

          “Who was that?” I ask him.

          “Don’t worry about it ____, it was just a random fan with my number,” he said a little too suspiciously. But for the moment I brushed it aside, knowing he’ll tell me sooner or later… won’t he?

_________________________________________

~How do you guys feel about that? Keke I love just love leaving you stranded at the end of each chapter don't I? I wonder what Taemin is hiding... Oh well I guess ;) I'll probably post chapter 4 tonight... I'm on a role lol.