4

Just One Beat *HIATUS*

Changmin parked his car and quickly rushed into the building. He made his way over to the receptionist desk.  

“May I help you?” asked the receptionist.

“Could you please tell me what floor Mr. Seo’s office is on? I have some urgent business with him and his daughter.” Changmin said.

“May I know your name?” the woman asked.

“Shim Changmin. My father is here right now.” He responded.

“His office is on the 59th floor. You can take that elevator.” She said as she pointed at a nearby elevator.

“Thank you, Miss.” Changmin bowed and hurried to the elevator.

He pressed the button and rode the elevator to the top floor. Workers scurried all around. “I have no idea where to go…” Changmin thought to himself. Then a woman with a pile of papers walked past him.

“Miss?” Changmin called out. She turned around.

“Could you tell me where Mr. Seo’s office is?” Changmin asked politely.

The woman pointed to the far left.

“Thank you.” Changmin thanked, bowed, and walked towards the office.

When Changmin reached the office, he knocked on the door.

“Come in!” A voice commanded.

Changmin opened up the door and walked in.

“Glad you could join us, Changmin-ssi.” Mr. Seo greeted.

“So I am.” Changmin replied as he took a seat next to his father.

“Min-ah, this is Joohyun.” Mr. Shim ushered toward Seohyun.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sunbae-nim.”  Seohyun bowed at Changmin.

‘This girl...she’s so fake...acting so nice...’ Changmin thought to himself.

“You two have met already?” Mr. Seo asked as he noticed the tension between them.

‘Unfortunately…’ Seohyun thought to herself.

“Yes. This morning.” Changmin answered.

“Ah..I see..” Mr. Seo trailed off.

“The reason why I called you here was so you could join in on this discussion.” Mr. Shim said.

“The discussion of marriage, right?” Changmin asked.

Mr. Shim nodded his head. Changmin sighed and faced his dad.

“Dad, I’m not ready for marriage. I’m still in college.” Changmin said.

“You’re almost OUT of college and plenty old enough to take over the company.” Mr. Shim interjected.

“What if she *points at Seohyun* doesn’t agree to this? What if I don’t agree?” Changmin asked.

“Seohyun and I have already discussed this matter. I gave her a year to find someone else. If she doesn’t find someone during that time period, you guys will be married.” Mr. Shim informed.

Changmin eyed Seohyun. ‘I would never want to marry a like her…’

Seohyun glared back at Changmin. ‘I would never want to marry an like him…”

“I see.” Changmin said as he took his eyes away from Seohyun’s.

“So will you agree?” Mr. Seo asked.

Changmin’s and Seohyun’s eyes met once again.

‘Don’t accept! Don’t accept!’ Seohyun shouted in her head.

“Sure since she’s already agreed.” Changmin smirked evilly.

‘The only reason I agreed was because I didn’t know that you would be Mr. Shim’s son…” Seohyun thought to herself.

Mr. Shim pulled out his phone to check the time.

“Oh! Look at the time! I have another business meeting to attend to!” Mr. Shim exclaimed.

Everyone got to their feet.

“It was nice meeting you, Mr. Shim. Be healthy.” Seohyun bowed to Mr. Shim.

“You too, Joohyun. See you soon.” Mr. Shim replied. He then turned to Changmin. “Let’s go, Changmin.”

Changmin began to leave when he heard Seohyun speak to him.

“It was NICE seeing you again, Sunbae. See you tomorrow.” Seohyun said full of sarcasm.

Changmin turned around. ‘This girl..ugh..I definitely don’t want to be married to that the rest of my life.’

“You too, dongsaeng.” Changmin replied.

‘Aish…I hope he gets ran over by a car..’ Seohyun thought to herself.

Seohyun faked a smile and bowed to him. Changmin laughed under his breath and trotted behind his father. When the door shut behind them, Mr. Seo said “Changmin seems like a nice kid.” Seohyun laughed. ‘Nice kid my …”

“Well, Joohyun-ah, I’m gonna head home. Watch over the company and make sure to read those documents on my desk.” Her father ushered toward the huge stacks of papers on his desk. “Love you and see ya later.” He patted Seohyun on the head and left.

Seohyun sighed heavily. She eyed the papers. “I’m so not going to get this done…” She said to herself.

She made her way to the desk, sat down, and began to sort through the piles of papers. Hours passed and day to turned into night. Seohyun signed the last paper, placed it on top of the stack, and sat back.

“I can’t believe I finally finished.” Seohyun breathed a sigh of relief. She pulled out her cell phone to check the time. It read 10:56.

“OH MY GOD! IT’S SO LATE!” She screeched to herself.

She got to her feet, pushed in the chair, and locked the office door. She glanced around. Everyone’s desks were empty and the lights were turned off. Seohyun made her way to the elevator and pressed the down button. She waited a couple moments, waiting to hear the ding sound. It wasn’t heard. The elevator was turned off because it was late.

“Aish…This is just my day!” She stomped her foot and ruffled her hair in distress.  She headed to the stairwell. It was pitch black. She pulled out her cell phone and the flash light. She took off her sandals and jogged until she reached the bottom. When she reached the end, she bent over and attempted to catch her breath. After she wiped off her sweat, she walked out to the parking. Her feet began to feel cold as they smacked against the concrete. When she finally reached her car, she hopped in and drove to the Seo residence.

forbfleurdelys.jpg

She parked her car in the driveway, got out of the car, and entered the house. The house was silent except for the bustle of butlers and maids. That’s how it always was. The maids and butlers greeted Seohyun. Seohyun smiled and bowed back to them. She then made her way to her bedroom. She shut the door behind her and walked into the bathroom. She took off her clothes and climbed into the shower. After relaxing for a while, she hopped out, dried herself off, and changed into shorts and a tee shirt. She washed her face and brushed her teeth. She leaped onto her bed and quickly fell asleep due to exhaustion.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovely subscribers! ^^ Hope you enjoy this update! Don't forget to comment! No silent readers! Oh & also... I'm thinking about  making a one-shot since Christmas is in a couple days. It would be full of fluff. If you want a one-shot, comment on who Seohyun should be paired with. Thank you for reading! ^^

tumblr_m8fs1d2BZg1rui9c0.gif