Chapter 24

The Promise []

There was dead silence as two figures; slumped in their seats, trying their very best to eat their breakfast just stared blankly at each other, not knowing what to say.

They both woke up that morning, eyes were so swollen, that they need to blink or squint in order to make each other's faces up. Their hair wasn't that much of a mess, limbs were still entangled, hands still locked with each others and the sensation that lingers in their lips could still be felt because of the passionate kiss they've shared last night. And a pang of guilt and also loneliness was sent directly to their hearts when they both realized that the kiss they've shared was, obviously, but they tried denying it anyway, utterly meaningless.

Jae Joong was able to let out a small smile as he stared down at YooChun whispering a soft 'Good Morning' which made YooChun smile in return and before replying him with the same phrase. Slowly, the taller man hauled himself off from Jae Joong, who was obviously feeling some sore and numb spots in his body but just tried his very best not to show it and ignored the pain away. YooChun extended a hand in front of his boyfriend's so that he could help him from getting up. And when Jae Joong did, the pretty man sat right up and winced as he felt a jolt of pain on his left arm and on his neck.

Jae Joong rubbed his neck smoothly and before he could even say something to YooChun, the other was already at his back and he felt both of YooChun's hand on his shoulder giving him a massage. A satisfied sigh escaped his mouth as he could feel some pain ease off him.

"Sorry. I was really heavy, ne? Should've made you top instead" YooChun said in a teasing tone but behind it, he was truly sorry.

Jae Joong smiled as he touched YooChun's hand massaging his neck "It's fine. You were like a cuddly teddy bear"

A chuckle was heard after that and for a while, YooChun continued in massaging Jae Joong until the pretty man told him to stop. YooChun rounded around the couch to pull his boyfriend up. "Breakfast?" Jae Joong asked as he placed a hand on YooChun's well built chest.

The other just nodded his head as he held onto Jae Joong's hand that was on his chest. He wanted oh so badly to lean forward and gave his boyfriend a peck on the lips but somehow he couldn't find the strength to do so. Jae Joong saw the hesitation in YooChun's eyes and he perfectly understands. He feels the same way too. A morning kiss would have made their morning so special but somehow he doesn't want to have a repeat of what he had felt last night. And whatever was making YooChun halt in his actions, judging by what happened last night, YooChun might have felt the same.

A smile crossed his face as Jae Joong tried his best to hide what he was feeling. He stood on his toes and gave YooChun a sloppy kiss on the cheek instead.

"What would you like to have?"

YooChun who was taken aback managed to gain his composure, before grinning "Anything's good to me"

And with that said Jae Joong held onto YooChun's hand as they made their way to the kitchen.

And now, here they were. Staring blankly at each other, leaving their breakfast untouched. Their mugs of coffee were on the brink of turning cold and their pancakes were itching to be eaten or maybe just to be touched. The butter slowly slid together with the maple syrup onto the side of the pancake down to the plate, as if already giving up on even being shoved into either's mouth.

Last night was just something that they both couldn't forget and though it was memorable in some aspect, it was truly painful too.

"Do you have plans today?" Jae Joong decided to break the silence as he heard his stomach grumble

YooChun snapped out of his reverie as he stared back at Jae Joong "Uh, yeah" he said nodding "I'm going with Junsu"

Jae Joong's face almost fell but somehow he managed to hide it as he finally took notice of his mug of coffee "Oh, so where are you both heading out to?"

It was of course, a right of him to know on where his boyfriend would wander when he's with someone, even with his best friend. He was not being possessive. He was just trying to show that he cares and that everything YooChun does, concerns him.

"I don't know" YooChun played with his fork "Junsu didn't inform me. And he actually wanted to talk to you yesterday but you were talking with DongHae so I decided not to disturb"

Jae Joong suddenly stilled and remembered about his encounter with DongHae yesterday and somehow he found the idea of YooChun being with JunSu for today as a great advantage for him and DongHae to meet each other. He was still dying to know on what DongHae was going to tell him.

"I haven't seen JunSu that much lately. Is he busy?"

YooChun nodded as he took a bite from his pancake "I haven't seen him that much too. But we tried on keeping in touch"

He just felt that he doesn't need to tell Jae Joong about him and Junsu texting each other during work. It's just normal and it's not a bad thing. And he'd spent much time with Jae Joong too. So, texting with Junsu was one thing that he could make it up to his best friend for. Jae Joong wouldn't mind that, right?

Jae Joong smiled as he placed his mug of coffee on the table but never released his grip from it "You two sure are like brothers."

"Like twins, you say?"

"Yeah, in some way" Jae Joong pursed his lips "The two of you are really attached. Like a koala bear on a tree or a mama kangaroo and its baby. It's cute actually"

YooChun snickered on Jae Joong's examples and said "Oh, you like to have a sibling of your own too?"

"Yeah, I kept on wishing that I'll have a sibling of mine ever since I was 5 or so. But it's far from happening now. My parents are already old and they can't.." Jae Joong made a face which earned a bark of laughter from YooChun. "Well, anyways. I just view your relationship with Junsu as something that's really fascinating. It's like the two of you are each other's half. It's just so..."

Jae Joong trailed off and YooChun's forehead creased as he tried absorbing what Jae Joong said.

"Are you worried that I might be spending more time with JunSu than you?" YooChun raised an eyebrow "Jae, are you... jealous?"

With the question being asked, Jae Joong bit his lip. He knows he just can't deny and he needs to admit it. He must be honest with YooChun.

"Let's just say that I am. It's just, you know, you've spent more time with him and you've been friends for like decades. And me? Though I'm your boyfriend but I still need to more about you" Jae Joong turned his head to the side trying to avoid YooChun's gaze "You may say that I'm acting like a selfish child and or more likely a bratt but I just can't help it. I'll admit it, I'm jealous of JunSu. He knows you too well. While, I, I'm just.. I-"

"Jae.."

There was a sigh "Just be honest with me, Chun. I'm asking you that. And I swear, I'm going to be honest with you too. If things aren't working well between us, we'll tell each other, alright? And if we think that our relationship isn't working out, we should just...."

"S..Stop" YooChun forced to say "Just... just... please, Jae..."

Jae Joong still tried to avoid YooChun's gaze "Just promise me that you'll be honest. And I'll return you my favor"

YooChun paused for a while as he resumed on staring back on his food. He's not dense and he's not stupid. And just because of what happened last night, he could feel his chest tighten. Somehow, it just pains him having this conversation with Jae Joong. As if the other was proposing of a breakup when in fact his boyfriend was just doing his role. But just the mere thought of losing Jae Joong and not being by his side anymore even though what occurred last night was just beyond words, was just too much for him to describe, makes YooChun feel sad.

"I promise. I'll be honest" YooChun answered finally as he raised his gaze to Jae Joong.

Jae Joong turned his head to look back at YooChun. And he just can't help but smile as he could read the warmth and the truthfulness of his boyfriend's words on his eyes. Those soft eyes...

"Good then." Jae Joong's grip on his mug loosened "So just tell me if you have plans in eloping with Junsu" he said this as a joke and he smirked while bringing his mug to his own lips again.

YooChun gave him somewhat an instant glare saying 'please don't joke like that'. But Jae Joong just sends him back an innocent look, indicating 'I was just teasing you'.

The taller man's lips stretched out to a wide grin as Jae Joong gave him a playful wink after. And YooChun decided to play along.

"Oh, don't worry Jae! I will. And you'll even help me, hhmmmm?"

Jae Joong somewhat understood what YooChun was pulling off "Sure, Chun! I'd be glad to. It's my pleasure. Just give me a call"

And that made both them smile the goofiest smile they've ever shown in their entire life.

Jae Joong almost coughed his coffee out as he tried his best not to laugh about how ridiculous YooChun's face was at that time. His boyfriend was giving him that funny look; his eyes crossed, the holes of his nose were growing big and YooChun still had that goofy smile of his on. But as much as they wanted to hold it in, they just let it out. And the booming of their laughter mixed with the air in the room. Jae Joong covered his mouth trying his best to wipe it and prevent the coffee he drank from spilling even more. YooChun held onto his stomach, pointing a finger at Jae Joong. And he just can't get over about the funny expression and reaction on the pretty man's face.

It may be over soon. So why not make the best and the most out of it?

*****

"Can't you just tell me, Su..?" YooChun asked in a whining voice for the fifth time

He keeps on pestering Junsu on where they're going to have their so called date. But his best friend won't tell him and would just give him a smile. A really creepy smile. It's like Junsu's hiding something from him.

Junsu just continued on dragging him. They just got out from the department store after buying a basket of fruits. He plans on keeping his mouth shut not wanting to give any hints on where they're heading off to. Right now, all he has in mind is for YooChun to know on the whereabouts of his father and that's all. He's ready to take any nagging, any glares, any screaming and any silent treatments from YooChun. All he wants for now is to visit Mr. Park with YooChun along and period.

Then, Junsu thought that something was lacking. He glanced around as he tried to think on what it was and then it him.

"Is Jae on his shop right now?" Junsu asked as he continued on dragging YooChun with him

"Yeah, his shop's that way, Su." YooChun pointed out "Not this way"

Junsu halted as he turned around, embarrassed. "Okay, just lead me to where your boyfriend's shop is. We need flowers!"

"Flower's for what?" YooChun asked but Junsu just gave him that secretive smile, again. He shrugged as he grabbed for Junsu's hand, making their way to Jae Joong's flower shop.

There was a ding as they entered. And the different scents of flowers greeted them as they walked further. They found Jae Joong at the counter tallying something since he was focusing his gaze to and fro on a calculator and a notebook.

"JAEEEE!" Junsu screamed which made the pretty man jump in his place.

Jae Joong dropped his pen and bent down to get it. When he stood up, Junsu was finally standing in front of him with a big smile on his face. And behind him, was his boyfriend YooChun giving him a small wave and a grin. He didn't even notice the ding of the bell since he was too absorbed in tallying his sales (or more likely he was replaying last night's event). He smiled when he straightened his back and beckoned for the two to take a seat on the nearby table.

"I thought that the two of you are going somewhere?" Jae Joong inquired as soon as he took his seat besides Yoochun

He looked at YooChun but the other just shrugged. So, he turned his gaze to Junsu who was watching them with unreadable eyes. "Junsu?"

"Oh!" the person called snapped out of his own thoughts "Yeah. We're going somewhere. But we need flowers! Do you have tulips here?"

Jae Joong stood up from his seat "Yeah, white ones?" Junsu nodded and stood from his seat too as he followed Jae Joong turning into a corner.

They both told YooChun to wait there while they get the flowers. YooChun just obeyed since he preferred to just sit and wait. And besides, Jae Joong and Junsu will have that talk of theirs again as if they're speaking another type of language which would make YooChun feel out of place.

"What are the tulips for, Junsu?" Jae Joong asked as he picked a tulip from it's place then another one. He turned to Junsu trying to know how many flowers he needs. The other said that he only needs five before answering his first question.

"I'm.. uh.. YooChun and I will give it to someone"

Jae Joong picked one last tulip and clasped the five stem of flowers in his hand carefully "Won't you mind if I ask who?"

Junsu pondered for a while as he bit his lower lip "Once YooChun and I will have a fight after this, I'm sure you'll be on his side"

"What are you saying? Huh? Why.. why would you say that?" Confusion was etched on Jae Joong's face "Well, maybe I'll be on his side since I'm his boyfriend but I'll be on your side too if you just explain to me. Actually, I would never want the two of you to fight in the first place" Jae Joong looked at Junsu "Wait! Why would you fight, anyway? Did you do something wrong?"

"Nope. not yet" Junsu shook his head "But I'm sure that YooChun will hate me once he'll find out that we're visiting...."

"Visiting?" Jae Joong repeated as he raised a brow

Junsu gave Jae Joong a pleading look before urging "Please don't tell YooChun". He waited for Jae Joong to nod. But it seems like the other was still thinking.

Of course, Jae Joong and YooChun pledged that they're going to be honest with each other just this morning and now, it seems like it'd be bad if he's the one that's going to break that promise first.

And before Jae Joong could open his mouth to say that he'd just wait for YooChun to tell him himself and Junsu needn't to bother on saying anything to him but the younger man beat him off "We're going to visit his father"

The pretty man almost dropped the tulips to the floor but managed to stopped from doing so. "What?" Jae Joong almost shrieked but he lowered his voice just to make sure that YooChun wouldn't hear them.

"Are you out.. I mean, are you sure?" Jae Joong stammered "You know that YooChun doesn't want to see his father again"

Junsu could only keep his mouth shut. "Junsu-ah! YooChun will get really mad at you"

"I know" Junsu stared down at his shoes "But Mr. Park is sick. And... he just want to see YooChun"

Jae Joong could only press his lips together as he stared at Junsu. He can't believe that Junsu's willing to do this. It's not that he knows really well what Junsu's been up to. But a part of him was saying that a little help wouldn't hurt.

"Come" he said grabbing Junsu's hand. Junsu was about to protest but Jae Joong smiled at him, saying "We're not only giving Mr. Park tulips. We're giving him a basket full of various flowers!"

A bright smile spread across Junsu's face "Really? Thanks Jae!"

It took them a long time to gather flowers. They both made sure that the basket would look pleasing and not too much. They ran from here to there around the shop with YooChun watching them, confused. When Jae Joong and Junsu we're done, they went over to YooChun who was standing up and crossing his arms, pouting at them.

"Took you long to finish. I thought you only need tulips?"

The two feminine men in front of him laughed. And YooChun's gaze turned to the basket of flowers Junsu was holding.

"Are those tulips?! You got to be kidding me!"

They continued to laugh. "Silly" Jae Joong smack YooChun's arm "Junsu and I decided to make a basket of flowers instead"

"Yeah! And Jae Joong told me it's free!" Junsu wave the basket of flowers in front of YooChun's face before giving Jae Joong a thankful look. And the other gave him a soft smile in return.

Then, they all headed towards the exit of the shop. "Have a good time, okay?" Jae Joong said as he winked at Junsu wishing him good luck then blew YooChun a kiss. The other pretended to have caught the kiss with his left hand dramatically and placed it on the left side of his chest before jutting his lips out making kissing noises. Jae Joong could only giggle and Junsu was playfully making a face.

"Thanks again, Jae!" Junsu said once more giving the pretty man a hug

"You're very welcome, Su." He hugged the smaller man back and even joked "And you and YooChun wouldn't do anything fishy behind my back, araso?"

Junsu let out a chuckle and joked back "Oh, Jae! If we do, we won't let you find out. Or maybe even catch us on act"

YooChun just stared at the two of them, speechless. There goes their alien talk again. He shook his head before Junsu bid Jae Joong one last goodbye and YooChun boyishly grinned at his boyfriend before he and Junsu went out of the shop.

Jae Joong was still waving his hand as he watched the two figures disappear from his sight. And he could only wish Junsu the best of luck since he also wanted YooChun and his father to settle things out soon.

When YooChun and Junsu were already gone, Jae Joong dropped his hand to his side before going back to the counter and resume with his work.

He stared at his notebook for a while trying to concentrate on what he's doing but Junsu's words rang through his head. The way the other said it, there was just some unexplainable hint in his voice. Was it something that Jae Joong should worry about? Yes, maybe. But he'll try hard not to show that he found out about something. Sort of. Jae Joong should just keep his mouth shut until he's certain. For the mean time, all he needs to do is just to plainly watch and observe.

A wry and worried smile managed to stretch his lips out. Remembering what Junsu said a while ago, he knows very well that jokes are half meant.

*****

"We got all we need?" Junsu nodded as he fastened his seat belt giving YooChun a bright smile.

They both arrived back to the department store's parking lot right after they left Jae Joong's shop.

"Okay, then where should we go?" YooChun urged as he started the engine of the car giving Junsu an excited look.

Junsu paused for a while as he tried not to show that he's nervous "To the hospital"

His best friend's forehead creased "What? Why there?"

The hospital? What the- What has gotten in Junsu's mind?

"We'll visit someone important, you'll find out"

Before YooChun could say a word of protest, Junsu was already gazing outside. He let out a defeated sigh as he drives to the hospital's direction.

The ride to their destination was quiet. And neither one of them bothered to talk or even open their mouths. They just thought that it would be better that way, or more likely that was what Junsu believed. YooChun was itching to open his mouth and start a conversation but he thought that things would just, maybe, turn out awkward.

When they neared the hospital, Junsu's heart started to pound so loud as if it was trying to get itself out of his ribcage. He held onto his seat as if he was in a rollercoaster ride and was going all the way down. No! He tried to pry away the negative thoughts he had in mind and decided to think of the positive ones. Think positive!. He should try to overcome his fear. He made it this far and he's not going to chicken out.

The car screeched to a stop and they were already in the hospital's parking lot. YooChun waited for Junsu to go out first but his friend just remained on his seat. "Su? We're here. Shall we-.."

Junsu counted from 1 to 10 before hauling himself out of the car "Yeah. Come on, Chun" and he took the basket of flowers and fruits from the backseat.

"So mind giving me a hint of who's this person that we're visiting?" YooChun inquired again as he jogged to Junsu's side taking the basket of fruits from his hands

Junsu mouthed the word 'thanks' as he held the basket of flowers tightly "You'll find out"

Junsu paused from walking and turned to look at his friend "So better hurry up if you're excited"

YooChun could only grunt. His question wasn't answered properly and Junsu keeps on making him guess and he's getting tired of it.

"Aww, come on. Just one teeny tiny clue? Su? Hmm?"

Junsu shook his head again, saying no. And YooChun could only pout in return.

When they entered the hospital, some nurses and patients greeted and smiled at Junsu saying their soft Hello's and asking if how he was and who's with him. It was either Junsu had talked, bumped or made friends with them. And some just got used to his presence of always being there in the hospital. Junsu smiled and greeted back, also not forgetting of introducing YooChun as his best friend. There was even one time when one nurse mistook YooChun for Yunho (which she thought was Junsu's boyfriend). And the other man was just left confused and curious.

"Su?" Junsu turned around again to look at his friend "Have you been here a couple of times? The nurses and patients seems to be so fond of you"

Junsu could only meekly smile "Let's just say that I'm just great when it comes to socializing and making friends"

That earned him a scowl from YooChun in which he slapped the other's shoulder in return. And YooChun admits that he's getting a bit suspicious of Junsu.

Mr. Park's room was almost two doors away and Junsu cautiously took a step forward trying to say over and over his mind that he's doing the right thing. That it was for the best and there was nothing that he should worry about. Except for the coming event of making YooChun mad both at him and at Mr. Park. But he shrugged it away.

They stopped at a white door with the number of 507, Junsu was clutching the door knob saying 'this is it'. YooChun could only look at him with eyes full of wonder. Wonders of whom was the person awaiting them inside. Wonders if it was someone he knew. Wonders if it was a friend. And many more other wonder.

Junsu was hesitant in opening the door but YooChun was there watching and waiting for him to do so. He held his breath as he slowly turned the knob and when he heard the door creaked, he could feel his head throbbing. When the light of the room welcomed him and the familiar scent of the room lingered in his nose, Junsu knew that it was now or never.

"We're here!" Junsu chirped as he entered the room.

Mr. Park was there on the bed, a smile engraved on his face, a book on his lap and true happiness sparkled in his eyes when he noticed the figure that was at Junsu's back.

Junsu tried to act cool as he placed the basket of flowers on top of the table beside Mr. Park's bed. "This was from Jae Joong. He says hi"

Mr. Park turned to Junsu and nodded before retreating his gaze back to the man who was left dumbstruck and rooted on his place right at the door.

There was an eerie silence as the three of them stared at each other. Junsu kept his focus on Mr. Park giving him nervous smiles. And the old man looked at him giving him some assurance as he tried squeezing Junsu's hand and then he looked back at YooChun.

"YooChun, my son, come in. Don't just stand there at the door"

The baskets of fruits fell to the floor and YooChun couldn't utter a word. His eyes were still wide in shock and he could only gape at his father in horror. His father was there on the bed, wrinklier than the last time he saw him and he looked so fragile. He looked so helpless and dull but the smile that was on the old man's face seems to give his very own appearance a glow. YooChun's jaw tightened as his gaze instantly tore from his father and traveled to his best friend who was standing at Mr. Park's side.

He can't believe this! What is the meaning of- Why is Junsu- How come he doesn't- Many questions flooded and ran round and round in YooChun's mind that all he could do was just stare and was to stay there like an idiot who was trying to convince himself that it was all a prank. That he was just being made fun of.

"Chun, I-.."

That voice made YooChun snap back to reality and he could feel the sides of his eyes burning "What's th..this all about?"

Junsu took a step forward "I can expla-.."

"NO!" YooChun held a hand up "Don't come near me! Don't you dare come near me!"

YooChun immediately took a step back hitting his back against the door frame "Chun, please.. I-"

"You lied to me! You ing betrayed me!" YooChun could feel a lump on his throat as he tried to prevent himself from crying "How could you..Su"

He leaned his hand against the door frame, clutching it with all his might for support. YooChun could feel his knees shaking and he just wants to break down and cry. He wanted to grab Junsu by the collar and yell at him, try to make him say that it was all just a joke. A big fat joke. He wants to wail, he wants to create a scene, he wants to throw tantrums, he wants to...no - this is not real.

But the problem was, it was all real. All of it was before his eyes and he just wants the ground beneath him to swallow him up. Take him somewhere else, somewhere away from here. So far, far away from here.

And before YooChun could say another word, both of his feet made a run for it. He wants to get out. This place is suffocating him. He doesn't want to see his father's face... He doesn't want to see Junsu... He doesn't want to see anyone.

He ran and ran and his mind was preoccupied with many things that he just didn't know where the hell he was heading off to. He could hear Junsu calling out for him and calling his name. But he ignored it and continued to look for a place. An isolated place where he could mourn and cry his self out.

How could his best friend do this to him? He thought that they were together in anything. Has Junsu been secretly meeting his father all this time? Has he?

Was that the reason why he can't see Junsu off lately? Because he was freaking seeing the man that hates so much? And to think that Junsu was on his side...

YooChun stumbled over something and he fell to the floor with a thud. He unconsiously found his way to the hospital's rooftop and if anyone was there, they would have stared at him as if he was a mess. And yes, he really was. He just couldn't understand anthing anymore. Just few days ago, he was so happy. Really happy that he keeps on smiling as if his face would just split into two. And now, he was crying like a child who doesn't know how to stop. He just can't understand himself anymore.

"Chun!!" Junsu shrieked as he ran to YooChun's side

He was about to touch his friend when his hand was slapped away "Do..don't touch me!"

"Just hear me out, please" Junsu pleaded trying to help his friend to stand up again

But YooChun pushed him away. "Hear you out? What's there to know, Su?! That you've been seeing my father behind my back? That you've betrayed me? That you ing lied to me!! How could you.." YooChun started to sob as he sat on the concrete floor "To think that I could trust you. To think that you and I are in this together. To think that... you're my best friend."

Junsu was crying and he could feel that every ounce of his emotions was taking over him. "You don't understand. Let me explain first"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear any ing explanations! Just shut the up!"

"No, you shut the up! You ing shut up, Chun!" Junsu's eyes widened as he realized what he just said. "I.. I'm sorry, I was.."

YooChun was crying like some lunatic again and he rocked himself back and forth, hugging his knees "I.. hate you"

Junsu could only watch his best friend, teary eyed. He tried to wipe all of his tears away but every time he does, more tears would flow out of his eyes. He knelt to the floor, tired. His legs were tired of running, his body exhausted and his heart crumpled.

Silence began to take over them as YooChun continued to rock himself back and forth, staring at his own shoes. Junsu knelt there; facing his friend, still crying his eyes out and was gathering his courage to say the things he needs to say.

When Junsu could find himself to properly talk, he began "I saw your father that day when I got charged off from the hospital. He was facing the road of the hospital's entrance with longing eyes and all I could do was to sympathize with him. I didn't knew that he was your father at that time but when he turned and looked at me, I was.. I just couldn't understand how I felt." Junsu let out a sniff and then urged "He suddenly asked me not to tell you about him being there and he continued to say of how you've grown so fast. And before I knew it, I agreed on meeting him again and then after that, I started to pay him visits right after I got off from work."

Junsu waited for YooChun to say something but the other remained silent.

"He told me things that I never knew he would even say. He's smart and I like his sense of humor. He's a lot like you, actually. The way he laughs and grins, you totally got if from him. Your father even told me of his plan on becoming a good father to you but it failed when you ran away from home." there was a small smile that appeared on Junsu's face "Your father even helped me in opening my eyes and making me believe and realize about something that I thought was just too impossible to happen. But I guess, he was right. I was just too naive to notice it."

YooChun was still quiet. But that very statement sent waves of fright inside him. What realization was he talking about?

Junsu just sighed, his shoulders drooping.

"When I told him about seeing you again. You could have seen the look on his face. His face was painted with pure excitement and longing just like a kid who wants to have the lollipop his been eyeing. You still remember the time when he paid you a visit in your apartment? Don't you know that he was already admitted in this hospital at that time and he just sneaked out just to find you" Junsu let out a weak chuckle "That old man. He was crazy for doing that. But of course, he said that it was still worth it. You know, seeing you again."

The taller man was about to open his mouth but he quickly shut it when he can't find the right way to voice it out. Junsu just stared at him before raising his head up to look at the sky.

"I was aware that you'd react this way. And I honestly don't know what to do. All I have in mind was to let you and your father settle things out. Try to talk things over and just forget about the past. Move on and start a better life, you know. But I guess that's not going to happen" He shakily placed a hand on YooChun's knee as he leveled his gaze with his friend "If you hate me now, I'll learn to accept that. All I wanted was for you and for your dad to be happy. And I think, things won't happen the way I imagined them to be. I'm sorry if you think that I've betrayed you. But you know what? I'm still happy now. At least, I know that I tried"

Junsu admits that maybe, he didn't consider YooChun's feeling about this. He was too caught up in settling things between Mr. Park and YooChun that he somehow forgot to even think of how it would bring a great big deal of shock to YooChun. Knowing what happened between Mr. Park and his best friend, Junsu knows that YooChun can't take things that easily.

He slowly stood up as he carefully dusted his pants "I'm really sorry, Chun. All I had in mind was for you to be really happy. To continue living your life without even remembering the bad past you had with your Dad. You could say that I'm sort of, no, I am selfish of not trying to consider about your feelings. I know, It's a mistake if I'll lose you as my friend but it's also a mistake to let Mr. Park lose you as his son"

Heaving out a sigh, Junsu started his pace. This is it. The end of their friendship. He tried not to look back on his friend, it may make things harder for him. Junsu knew that what he did could be considered as something stupid and right in some perspective and point of view. And if losing his friendship with YooChun was the prize in return, though he admits that it would truly hurt him like hell, he needs to accept it.

Before Junsu could even make half his way back to the door, he felt a pair of arms on his waist and there was a weight on his right shoulder. He bit his lip as he suppressed himself from crying even more when he felt YooChun's tears wetting his shirt. Junsu was silent as he let YooChun hug him tighter and cry even more on his shoulder.

They remained standing there as YooChun kept on crying. Junsu's hands were placed on top of YooChun's which were strongly wrapped on his waist and he gave it a light squeeze trying to calm his friend down. When YooChun's sobs subsided and all Junsu could hear was YooChun's slow breathing against his ear together with some small hiccups, he slowly turned around to face his friend, YooChun's arm still wrapped on his waist.

He cupped the taller man's face as he gave him a soft smile. "Do you have something to say?"

YooChun stared back at him for a moment before he began clearing his throat "I..I'm sorry."

Junsu hummed and waited for YooChun to say something else. YooChun refused to speak but then, he decided to give up.

"I didn't mean to say those things to you. I was just really frustrated. I just can't accept that..." YooChun inhaled then exhaled "Why did you bring me here? I mean, why do you want me to see my father again? You know what the consequences are if you will do this"

The smaller man choked back a sob as he continued on cupping YooChun's face "It's his request and perhaps, mine. Do you think... you could forgive him?"

YooChun clasped both of his best friend's hands that were cupping his face and looked down "I.. don't know"

"Chun.." Junsu's hands and voice were trembling

YooChun looked back on his friend and it pained him to witness such expression emitting from the younger man. Somehow his body began to move on its own. It's like his body acknowledged someone else's brain. And before he could even think straight again, he was leaning forward and his grip on Junsu's hands tensed when he felt his best friends’ soft lips against his. YooChun coaxed the plump skin lightly, it as lovingly as he could. He knew this was wrong and that he was kissing the man he had loved before, not to mention that this guy was his best friend. But when he tasted the other's mouth, some electrifying sensation just exploded in his entire body and YooChun just couldn't help himself but want more.

Junsu panicked when he noticed that YooChun was leaning forward and before he could even take an immediate action, his lips were already attached to YooChun's. And his mind got blown away. He tried telling and musing to his self that this was wrong. That this shouldn't happen. But when YooChun tried entering his mouth, he just couldn't think straight anymore. He opened his mouth as he welcomed the warm feeling of YooChun's tongue and his grip loosened from YooChun's face as he slowly draped his arms around YooChun's neck. The taller man's hands traveled down and found its way back on Junsu's waist as they continued to kiss.

Junsu tried the urged to pull away but he knows that he wants this oh so badly. A moan escaped his lips as he could feel YooChun biting his lip. Was this even right? Isn't YooChun cheating on Jae Joong because of this? Are they committing a huge mistake? But didn't he long for this? To feel YooChun's lips again?

All things be damned! Junsu doesn't care anymore. All he wants now was just to have YooChun's lips on his, devour and feel every love that was coming from it. Yes, there was the love that he was waiting for. The love he didn't notice before. The love he longed for. And he's giving YooChun that love back.

Their hands were twitching and were persuading to roam and touch things that aren't supposed to be touch. And you know what happens when you try stopping yourself from doing something that you think is not the right thing to do. You do them anyway.

YooChun's hand slowly made its way lower and when his hands landed on Junsu's soft and round ; he squeezed both globes which made the other man shudder in delight. Junsu's grip on YooChun's hair tightened and he could feel his nails digging deeply onto the taller man's scalp. Then, YooChun's right hand began massaging Junsu's side trying to feel a bit of skin contact. And like what had occurred to him before, his body began to move on its own again. He can't help but grind his hips against the other man in front of him and Oh. . No. Junsu was grinding in rhythm with him.

What is he doing? What are they doing? And shoot! Why to his best friend and not to his boy friend?

It took them minutes to pull away. They both knew that what they're doing was awfully wrong but something inside them pushed that it was also right. And they kissed passionately, grinded and moaned as if there's no tomorrow. They were afraid that when they let go, they can't do this again. Of course, deep down in their hearts they knew it was impossible to do this again. If only this moment would last...

They extracted their lips from each other as they inhaled for air, trying to catch their breaths. YooChun and Junsu were both dumbfounded and paled at the realization of what they just did. Were they just on the brink of having you-know-what on the hospital's rooftop? Oh effing no! They already did start on touching each other. And damn! They have to admit that it was wrong but it felt so right.

YooChun felt a shaky hand on his and he slowly craned his neck to look at Junsu, who was blushing like he'd never seen him before "Shall.. shall we go back?"

YooChun was about to say something but he could only nod as he felt himself being slowly dragged by his friend.

His cheeks feel hot and for some reason, he was ashamed of what he did. But he just couldn't help his self. He knew it wasn't right but his body was just itching to kiss those trembling lips and eff, he didn't thought that he'd go that far. And before he could resist from temptation, he was already tempted.

YooChun's mind played the scene over and over again. And he could feel mirth emerging from his heart. And why is that?

He felt that magic he was looking for in their kiss and he just can't believe that he touched his best friend. Not the normal way of touching but touching as in touching and teasing and grinding and Oh no!. Guilt was starting to strangle him. And YooChun could only gulp. ! He just cheated, for real. And with his best friend! Of all people, his best friend!

Before he could even register other things in his mind. Questions started to bother him.

Why did Junsu dared not to stop and refuse him? Why did Junsu respond to his every move? Why did it felt so wrong and so right at the same time? Why did he yearn for more? And does Junsu like him? The way they'd just did it. He just felt some oozing passion and lust, bursting out from both of them.

YooChun's train of thoughts got cut off when he heard the familiar creaking of the door. He turned to look at Junsu, and his gaze couldn't help but go down to those lips he just kissed a while ago. They really did do it, huh? Junsu could only blush as he tried avoiding YooChun's gaze. The smaller man gave his friend a light push and YooChun entered the room, tripping a bit. Junsu closed the door quietly behind him. And he stood there by the door, waiting for what will happen next.

YooChun looked back at Junsu and he can't help but his lips, he could still feel the kiss. The other just stared at him wide eyed and immediately brought his hand up to cover his mouth. They need to do a lot of talking later on.

When he turned his gaze to his father all he could do was stare. A familiar smile hoisted the old man's chapped lips and Wait! He remembers that smile somewhere...

It was the same smile his father would always have when they were still a happy family. A one big happy family.

A choke got stuck on his throat as he noticed how his father got even skinnier the last time he saw him and of how weak he looks right now. He can't believe that his father was sick and he looked like he'd die any second.

"YooChun..." His father whispered softly and weakly

Panic suddenly roused from YooChun's stomach. He was scared. Yes, he was. But it wasn't because he's scared of his father.

He'll admit that he loved and cared for the old man and tried to cope up with his bad business. When YooChun convinced himself that he can't take it anymore, he got the opportunity to have his freedom and thought that he could finally live in peace. Before he knew it, he just got carried away. He instantly ran away from home not knowing that he was practically leaving and is going to miss a piece of his life. And when he had live his new found life, he somehow forgot about his father for a while as he tried enjoying everything. But there were times in which thoughts about his father would somehow haunt and fill his mind, wanting to know if he was still the same or if he'd changed, if he was doing fine by himself and if he misses YooChun or not.

Seeing his father in a state like this right now, YooChun suddenly had the feeling of getting scared... Scared of losing his very own father. Of whom he thought he hated so much but he did loved too. Whom he thought as someone useless but was the one who made him stronger. Whom he thought that was never his father but actually did try to become a good one.

YooChun chose not to talk as tears brimmed on the side of his eyes. And he stood there, hands balled into fist and his lips were quivering.

He just can't hold it in and he doesn't want to waste any minute anymore.

YooChun took a few steps forward before lunging towards his father, enveloping the old man into a tight hug. He ran into the old man's arms like a child who finally found what he'd lost. And when he felt his father returning the hug, YooChun smiled as tears were constantly flooding his eyes. He missed this warm feeling from his father so much. He felt comforted and at ease. He felt so secured as if he'll never be hurt again. And now, YooChun knew...

This was home. He was finally home.

I'm home.