Broken cars

Small times

 

 

 

 

Another rainy night, you decided that we should visit you parents.

 

I was scared less, calling Kibum for fashion advice, how to talk politely and formally with my boyfriend's parents, how to complement you mom without sounding erted, which subjects should be avoided at all costs. I was freaking out, but you were as calm as can be. All you did was kiss me on the chick and tell me to relax. How could I relax?! You could, of course. You're not the one who stole their baby and corrupted him (yeah… I was pretty sure back then that they already knew we were sleeping together…)

 

Turns out, though, you were right, like always. I was scared for no reason. I understood then where you got that free spirit of yours, with your dad's happy attitude and awkward jokes, and your mom's open-minded, generous nature. It should have been obvious to me, your parents had to be so amazing, to create a perfect being like yourself.

 

We parted with kisses, hugs and left-over cake and drove back home. My apartment became our home once you moved in.

 

Suddenly, in the middle of the road, the car broke down, and it was still raining furiously. We ended up sitting in some dingy bus station, since there was not even one cab in sight. We spent half the night there, wet, in each other's arms, talking about the world, us, existentialism. When I said I believed in soul mates, you laughed and said that you didn't, but if you did, I was yours.

 

 

Maybe that's why this, everything that is happening now, is easier for you than it is for me.